Jump to content
Andrew Reid

Fuji X-T4

Recommended Posts

Man, you're just duplicating something already posted but now with the Vimeo version... scroll up the page 10 posts above yours ; -)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
13 minutes ago, Amazeballs said:

So 1.18 crop in 4k60p :(

C'mon it is not so much...

Just add an extra piece of glass at your wide end if you feel like and you'll end perfectly fine ; )

Disclaimer -- NOT shot on X-T4 but previous models:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Oliver Daniel said:

So my Fujifilm contact is going to provide a loan unit to use on a commercial production. 

What Fuji lenses are the most appropriate for video? Read that a lot of them aren’t so smooth for manual focus. 


Get him to loan you the twin Fuji cinema zooms!
 

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1388303-REG/fujinon_16580131_mk18_55mm_t2_9_lens_fuji.html

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1388315-REG/fujinon_16580155_mk50_135mm_t2_9_lens_fuji.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How FHD high frame rate modes are sampled:

Up to 120P:

Horizontal 4832 pixels are readout in full, vertical 2718 pixels are 2/3 line-skipped and then 1/2 binned to 906 pixels.

Up to 240P:

Horizontal 4832 pixels are readout in full, vertical 2718 pixels are 3/5 line-skipped to 542 pixels.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/1/2020 at 12:29 AM, Oliver Daniel said:

So my Fujifilm contact is going to provide a loan unit to use on a commercial production. 

What Fuji lenses are the most appropriate for video? Read that a lot of them aren’t so smooth for manual focus. 

This two Meike cine lenses are fine. Manual focus is very precise with a 270 ° focus throw and with a very smooth  feeling.

https://meikeglobal.com/collections/meike-cine-lens/products/presale-meike-t2-2-cine-lens-for-fujifilm-x-mount-mk-35mm-t2-2-with-aps-c

https://meikeglobal.com/collections/meike-cine-lens/products/meike-25mm-t2-2-large-aperture-manual-focus-prime-low-distortion-mini-cine-lens-compatible-with-fujifilm-x-mount-cameras-x-h1-x-t3-x-t20-x-t10-x-t2-x-pro2-x-e3-x-t1-x-a2-t100-x-e1-x30-x70-x-m1-x-a1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess the IBIS wobble is just something you'll have to work around, like rolling shutter only uglier. At least whip pans make good edit points. But I'm actually starting to come around on this camera. AF looks really good and IBIS is on par with the competition. Then again maybe its just GAS because I'm in-between systems with a chunk of cash from a mass selloff burning a hole in my pocket. In the meantime I'm using a 5d4 and my old landscape camera - the OG a7r - which still produces some pretty amazing photos. Then again XT3 prices seem to be dropping too...

Chris

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Trek of Joy said:

I guess the IBIS wobble is just something you'll have to work around, like rolling shutter only uglier. At least whip pans make good edit points. But I'm actually starting to come around on this camera. AF looks really good and IBIS is on par with the competition. Then again maybe its just GAS because I'm in-between systems with a chunk of cash from a mass selloff burning a hole in my pocket. In the meantime I'm using a 5d4 and my old landscape camera - the OG a7r - which still produces some pretty amazing photos. Then again XT3 prices seem to be dropping too...

Chris

Saw one on Craigslist for $850 😵

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One thing I do have to hand it to Fuji is they've finally come around to going all-in on the pre-release hype train, this camera has been reviewed by so many outside of Fuji's usual ambassadors. The number of videos I've sorted through over the last few days is nuts.

While I'm not a fan of more buttons and switches, I do like the fact settings between stills and video are independent - that at least eliminates the constant fiddling of readjusting settings when flipping between the two. I'm trying to like this camera more, but then I see that it still jumps when changing ISO's like my XT2, and I use auto ISO when on a gimbal - its been great with the a73.

Chris

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Trek of Joy said:

One thing I do have to hand it to Fuji is they've finally come around to going all-in on the pre-release hype train, this camera has been reviewed by so many outside of Fuji's usual ambassadors. The number of videos I've sorted through over the last few days is nuts.


Fuji still has a loooooong way to go before they get the wall to wall coverage Canon/Sony/Nikon does, but they're playing the game and catching up! Which is good to see. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah they're not yet flying reviewers to Vegas or the Bahamas to get a hands-on.. there is still some ways to go lol.

I also think there is just genuine interest/hype over this camera as it's really a class-leading APS-C hybrid.

As for the "more buttons & switches" comment, I didn't really notice that. They just relocated stuff around to make it more balanced towards video.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

About IBIS I didn't notice it on all videos. I'm wondering if all the X-T4 out there have the same firmware and if the wobbling depends on the lens used. Some wobbling was atrocious but I remember one video where a guy filmed himself walking and I couldn't see any wobbling at all.

So... Waiting to see how it goes. Also I can't wait to see how the new AF performs. For now I have a Z6 but 8 bit is killing me and having an external monitor doesn't fit my "run and gun super light" style :)

Fuji is definitely going the right direction. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The funny thing about Max's comparison video is that it made the Sony IBIS look really bad and I see Daniel Schiffer pull off some awesome moves handheld with his A7III all the time.  Which leads me to think that the XT4's IBIS is more than enough to achieve that level of movement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, MeanRevert said:

The funny thing about Max's comparison video is that it made the Sony IBIS look really bad and I see Daniel Schiffer pull off some awesome moves handheld with his A7III all the time.  Which leads me to think that the XT4's IBIS is more than enough to achieve that level of movement.

Also disappointed that he neglected to turn off sharpening on the Nikon. He sure did complain a ton about something that can be turned off on the camera.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Geoff CB said:

Also disappointed that he neglected to turn off sharpening on the Nikon. He sure did complain a ton about something that can be turned off on the camera.

Interesting, I was thinking about that as I watched the video, I assumed it wasn't something Nikon allows you to change. Sloppy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A better test of resolution would use the same lens on all three cameras, at the same aperture,

on a tripod with careful manual focusing at a high viewfinder magnification. 

Maybe a SLR prime with a fotodiox adapter for each camera mount.

He used a Fuji zoom for the X-T4, a Tamron zoom for the Sony, and a Nikkor zoom for the Z6.

Still enjoyed this comparison, better than most. There are a lot of variables to try to control.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/2/2020 at 6:41 PM, Geoff CB said:

Also disappointed that he neglected to turn off sharpening on the Nikon. He sure did complain a ton about something that can be turned off on the camera.

Are you sure it can be turned off?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Inazuma said:

Are you sure it can be turned off?

I own the camera, yes it can be turned off under the profile settings. If he used the FLAT setting with sharpening turned to 0 it would be a very different result.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...