Fuji X-T3 and X-T4 discussion

Andrew Reid

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
7 hours ago, Mattias Burling said:

I would but it depends on the cost compared to Kipons AF Speedbooster.

I have seen some comparison tests of the Kipon speedbooster and honestly I was very disappointed because of the low quality of the glass and the considerable loss of details.
Have you personally tested it?

3 hours ago, DBounce said:

Interesting... it seems we now have some confirmation that the X-T3 is indeed using a new Samsung senior. 1.30 into the video...

And over at Fujirumors, in reporting that Fuji has just released the FLog Lut for the X-T3, a user who tried said this-

“the LUTs for X-T3 are brand new and contain different values compared to X-T2/X-H1 versions, it’s safe to assume that Fuji used a different sensor colorimetry in X-T3. If you apply X-T3 LUTs on X-T2/X-H1 F-log footage, the image shows a subtle but visible green bias, compared to the correct LUTs.”

Not sure if this also supports the idea of a different sensor (Samsung) or if this is always the case when comparing one sensor to another, regardless of the maker?

3 hours ago, DBounce said:

Interesting... it seems we now have some confirmation that the X-T3 is indeed using a new Samsung senior. 1.30 into the video...

A Greek engineer on a ?? ?? camera?!!

I remember reading interviews from Fuji personnel some years ago and they were almost "scared" or "humbled" of the NX processing power, the huge leap from previous Fuji cameras to the XT-3 could be explained with only a significant partening, and it can only be Samsung.

• Super Members
37 minutes ago, lucabutera said:

I have seen some comparison tests of the Kipon speedbooster and honestly I was very disappointed because of the low quality of the glass and the considerable loss of details.
Have you personally tested it?

Not the Fuji version no. But I have used other Kipon models and where happy with them. I will hopefully be able to give info on it next week, expected delivery on Tuesday. But I don't set my clock after ebay shipping estimates if you know what I mean.

2 hours ago, Mattias Burling said:

Not the Fuji version no. But I have used other Kipon models and where happy with them. I will hopefully be able to give info on it next week, expected delivery on Tuesday. But I don't set my clock after ebay shipping estimates if you know what I mean.

Which camera do you use for test Kipon speed booster adapter?

8 hours ago, TheRealOG said:

Have you installed the newest firmware on the 35 1.4 Mattias? I looked at the Viltrox and the Fringer adapter when I had the X-H1... I think the fringer adapter worked very well with the 18-35 and X-H1, but at $300... That is pricey! X-T3 is on delay from Amazon, even though I preordered it...  I'm still excited about it, even though I am not a fan of the 4gb file split... :(

I LOVE my Fringer Pro!

I got it used, and it has worked with my X-T2 and all the EOS AF lenses I have, even my ol' legends, Canon 50/1.0 L and my Canon 200/1.8L

Works great w/ all the manual focus adapted mounts too.

Only thing I would wish for would be a speedbooster.

3 hours ago, CyclingBen said:

So after ordering from B&H and Adorama at 12:01 on preorder date, no camera for this guy. I’ll have both by the 25th according to the tracking. What a waste, should have just ordered through a local store like usual (got an A7iii at 10am on release date).

How is that even possible, I literally cancelled my Adorama pre-order this morning and ordered from BHPhoto instead. This morning. And it'll be here tomorrow. Silver kit with grip.

Sounds like it/they have at least shipped if you have tracking? Did you not get overnight delivery?

• Super Members
8 minutes ago, jonpais said:

Yes. Supposedly Fuji will be refreshing the app in 7-9 months, but can’t say whether it will be able to record 4K. ?

Not a deal breaker coming for anyome coming from the X-T2 as what you've never had you never miss but from the assumption of how much extra horsepower it has under the hood I'm quite surprised this hasn't been sorted.

2 hours ago, tomsemiterrific said:

Shot some clips with the X-T3 today using Eterna and a couple of stabilized zooms from Fuji. Not as much fun as shooting with Rokinon 1.4 lenses or FDs--and if you shoot internal 10 bit 265 you better bring a LOT of batteries.

Lovely looking footage @tomsemiterrific 

When setting noise reduction to -4 with the Eterna simulation, would you say it is completely off or is the camera still doing some noise reduction?