Fuji X-T3 and X-T4 discussion

Andrew Reid

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
10 minutes ago, lucabutera said:

It is possible that I can build the smart speedbooster to make X-T3 camera Full frame with Canon lens.
How many are interested in pre-order on crowdfunding?

I'm definitely interested if it is of good quality and works well. I wonder would the opersite be possible for the EF mount Super35 cameras, like the C200 or the similar video mode crop of the 1DXMk2?

14 minutes ago, Brian Williams said:

Ohh, well mine still said 'Backordered' a few minutes ago, so I went and chatted with BHPhoto instead and they assured me that if I order this morning I could have it by tomorrow, so I cancelled Adorama and went with them.

Did you go for next day? I did, figured I could have a play over the weekend.

Thought I'd share this...Abe's of Maine has the 18-55/2.8-4 for $345, new. It's now on its way to join up with my 35/1.4. I haven't ordered from them before but they are listed as an authorized dealer and I couldn't find any mention of grey market. Most of their prices are in line with everyone else but they have a few good deals.

https://www.abesofmaine.com/Fuji_XF_18-55mm_f_2_8-4_R_LM_OIS_Zoom_Lens_1002922.html

Have you installed the newest firmware on the 35 1.4 Mattias? I looked at the Viltrox and the Fringer adapter when I had the X-H1... I think the fringer adapter worked very well with the 18-35 and X-H1, but at $300... That is pricey! X-T3 is on delay from Amazon, even though I preordered it...  I'm still excited about it, even though I am not a fan of the 4gb file split... :(

• Super Members
2 minutes ago, TheRealOG said:

Have you installed the newest firmware on the 35 1.4 Mattias? I looked at the Viltrox and the Fringer adapter when I had the X-H1... I think the fringer adapter worked very well with the 18-35 and X-H1, but at $300... That is pricey! X-T3 is on delay from Amazon, even though I preordered it...  I'm still excited about it, even though I am not a fan of the 4gb file split... :(

I don't have a 35/1.4. I just posted that video as an example. From the tests I've seen the Viltrox is on par with the Fringer but for a lot less money.

Im running some tests tonight to decide on keeping the XH1 or not. If I keep it I will order an EF-XF speedbooster as well.

• Super Members

Image quality wise I agree about the 16mm. But eventually I had to let it go. I kept using the tiny 18mm which is much faster and doesn't drift in manual focus.

But you will probably be quite blown away by the IQ when it nails focus.

Another extremely underated fuji lens is the 27mm. Coupled with the 18 on an X-E3 you have quiet a complete and compact kit. On the bigger X-T3 they might be a bit more odd.

1 hour ago, DBounce said:

Did you go for next day? I did, figured I could have a play over the weekend.

Yes, yes I did.

1 hour ago, Thomas Hill said:

Adorama is preparing mine for shipment. Free overnight is why i went with them instead of B&H.

Yes, thats why I originally went with them, but I don't know, maybe I ordered too late in their queue, didn't seem like my order was going to happen today with them.

1 minute ago, Brian Williams said:

Yes, yes I did.

Good for you... tomorrow is going to be some happy shooting. I am very curious how this will fair against the GH5S. I might bring both along over the weekend to do a comparo. While I am betting the GH5/S will have the edge as a "video only" camera, I am thinking the Fuji will redeem itself with straight out of camera IQ and nostalgic charm... there is such a thing... I think? Stills will be dominated by the Fuji. 

13 minutes ago, DBounce said:

Good for you... tomorrow is going to be some happy shooting. I am very curious how this will fair against the GH5S. I might bring both along over the weekend to do a comparo. While I am betting the GH5/S will have the edge as a "video only" camera, I am thinking the Fuji will redeem itself with straight out of camera IQ and nostalgic charm... there is such a thing... I think? Stills will be dominated by the Fuji. 

I'm also curious, as I'm going from a GH5 to this, and knowing that I'll be losing the GH5's awesome IBIS, I went ahead and got a Feiyu gimbal for the Fuji. This will most likely mean having to rely on the camera's continuous AF as I doubt I'll be able to manually pull focus on it while gimbal'd-up. So curious to see how it does.

8 minutes ago, Brian Williams said:

I'm also curious, as I'm going from a GH5 to this, and knowing that I'll be losing the GH5's awesome IBIS, I went ahead and got a Feiyu gimbal for the Fuji. This will most likely mean having to rely on the camera's continuous AF as I doubt I'll be able to manually pull focus on it while gimbal'd-up. So curious to see how it does.

It will be interesting to hear some comments about GH5/s vs the X-T3.

Definitely much better in the photo side of things. I care also about batteries, ergonomics, e.t.c

10 minutes ago, Kisaha said:

It will be interesting to hear some comments about GH5/s vs the X-T3.

Definitely much better in the photo side of things. I care also about batteries, ergonomics, e.t.c

I orders a $h!t ton of batteries... so I have that covered. Ergos... not sure which will win there.. I don't dislike the GH5S. These are both great cameras. I did opt for the battery grip with the Fuji. I like the option for shooting stills in portrait. 

23 minutes ago, Brian Williams said:

When it comes to IBIS, I have mixed feelings. Actually, they are not really mixed... I like IBIS for stills, but would prefer not to use if for video. I hate the warping that sometimes happens to footage when shooting video on cameras with IBIS. That said, I have a Ronin S, which should help with camera shake. I would like to see lens control from the Ronin S... I think there is a good chance it will happen for this camera. 

Hi all - New member here. I am just a hobbyist who has been photographing for a while but new to videos and moving from a D5100. I am an AV aficionado so really wanted something capable of 4K 10 bit HDR internally for my own wedding and honeymoon. I learned of the X-T3 announcement through this forum as I was looking at my options. 4K 10 bit, 4K 60P, Fuji color profiles and the retro look that reminded me of my first camera (Nikon FM10) were instrumental in choosing the X-T3 over the A7III. I was told by Adorama that the camera/lens will ship today even though the battery grip is backordered. Look forward to playing with it and will share raw videos as soon as I can.