Jump to content

Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K


Yurolov
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 12/25/2018 at 6:08 AM, Newway12 said:

Looking into buying a small rib cage, and I’m wondering what the functional difference is between a nato handle and a regular handle.

nato handle comes in 5.56 mm and has an extra external trigger, not for an external sound recorder or hdmi recorder as you might expect. but rather if you pull the wrong trigger someone gets dead'ed,made for the american cinematographer / prepper who loves to be prepared even while at work. come in your two traditional camo styles and an urban camouflage  and a popular blackout option for the taticool cinematographer. ?

edit : you may or may  not have  noticed, i'm a bit bored at the moment ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/24/2018 at 3:50 AM, Emanuel said:

You can say "4K 7 units + 1080p 5 units" or "7x 4K units + 5x 1080p units"... Does it make any difference for real? ; -)

 

When you believe in the power of doubt instead of the power of God, you much see the works of doubt and least see the works of God

~ Ernest Agyemang Yeboah

image.png.278da9d9dd2c2caa1adb9914c4e72438.png

: -P

i hope that dude washed his hands first

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, webrunner5 said:

The 512GB is 545, that means 775$ off the original price!!??!!

CF are still crazy expensive though, and the brilliant choice of BM to support USB-C recording will help a lot of people to test some kind of raw for cheap.

This camera just offers too much value for the money.

I am wondering how many they have sold already, and how many they have on order status.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Kisaha said:

This camera just offers too much value for the money.

I am wondering how many they have sold already, and how many they have on order status.

It is kind of amazing to me that BMD screwed up another launch. Surely they had a clue on the pre orders that they needed a Lot of them manufactured? I would like to know how many people that buy one will actually keep it, or give up pretty fast and re sell them. There were a lot of the original ones that changed hands a lot. BMD cameras are not for everyone that is for sure. Not BMD's fault really. Cine cameras have very few auto anything in them. You sort of Have to know what you are doing to make them happen. And also not too many people that buy one is going to have the Computer Horsepower to even edit the footage, and the storage to hold it. I think a lot of them down the road will be on ebay, Amazon to be honest. Shame really.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, webrunner5 said:

It is kind of amazing to me that BMD screwed up another launch. Surely they had a clue on the pre orders that they needed a Lot of them manufactured? I would like to know how many people that buy one will actually keep it, or give up pretty fast and re sell them. There were a lot of the original ones that changed hands a lot. BMD cameras are not for everyone that is for sure. Not BMD's fault really. Cine cameras have very few auto anything in them. You sort of Have to know what you are doing to make them happen. And also not too many people that buy one is going to have the Computer Horsepower to even edit the footage, and the storage to hold it. I think a lot of them down the road will be on ebay, Amazon to be honest. Shame really.

Not really. These cameras are much user friendly. Easier to shoot with one than with any mirrorless camera these days. Boring automated devices fully messed up IMO.

P4K seems an old film stills camera centered on ISO & WB controls but for motion picture in hybrid age.

HFR or not + shutter at the distance of a button or alike without forgetting the best of the digital world: zebras and focus assist.

Not even need for other tools very easy to get from the most intuitive menu I've ever found in a camera and you can set off by default.

Set up your lens aperture and that's it.

You can even select a LUT of your preference. Import anything you want. Lots of free stuff out there BTW.

A breeze, my friend.

What else a shooter can ask?

 

Test one Don to begin with ; )

 

E : -)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, webrunner5 said:

It is kind of amazing to me that BMD screwed up another launch. Surely they had a clue on the pre orders that they needed a Lot of them manufactured? I would like to know how many people that buy one will actually keep it, or give up pretty fast and re sell them. There were a lot of the original ones that changed hands a lot. BMD cameras are not for everyone that is for sure. Not BMD's fault really. Cine cameras have very few auto anything in them. You sort of Have to know what you are doing to make them happen. And also not too many people that buy one is going to have the Computer Horsepower to even edit the footage, and the storage to hold it. I think a lot of them down the road will be on ebay, Amazon to be honest. Shame really.

er... i think i have to put my hand up for all of the above except the storage, i have that covered at least i think. but you could be right about there being a few up for resale shortly. but i also think its about perseverance or willpower perhaps, if you want something bad enough then you will make it happen one way or another. i imagine its going to be a pretty steep learning curve right from the get go. probably great for everyone who makes computers and the other bits as we will forced to upgrade to do anything in a reasonable amount of time. i am of the opinion that for the price point that this camera comes in at, its worth jumping in at the deep end  boots an all  then thrash around like a madman trying to stay afloat.? its like xmen stuff adapt or die perhaps ?

2 hours ago, Kisaha said:

The 512GB is 545, that means 775$ off the original price!!??!!

CF are still crazy expensive though, and the brilliant choice of BM to support USB-C recording will help a lot of people to test some kind of raw for cheap.

This camera just offers too much value for the money.

I am wondering how many they have sold already, and how many they have on order status.

i know of 1 at least thats still on back order ? and its kinda shameful they don't look after the people in their own country first, any one would think its all about financial gain ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, webrunner5 said:

And also not too many people that buy one is going to have the Computer Horsepower to even edit the footage

Only if you're shooting raw. I've been filming exclusively in Prores and editing on a 2015 Macbook Pro and it's 10 times faster than trying to edit h264 footage from a consumer GX80. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...