Yurolov

Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K

EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
1 hour ago, Anaconda_ said:

It's a shame you lose audio inputs with the side handle though, you can see in one of the images it's blocking the 3.5mm jack, so XLR must be the same.

That V-mount baseplate looks great though. 

Very interesting and holistic approach, but if they block the audio inputs, then they negate one very important advantage (for me).

34 minutes ago, omega1978 said:

i think you can slide out the grip to access the xlr and 3.5

Unbenannt.JPG

It is impressive that they have all these options. Maybe the camera widens significantly with this solution though, and even if you put an angled connection, that makes the grip to widen even more.

I noticed there is a basic plate for an F battery, and an SSD attachment on the monitor hood, with the half cage it could be enough to have a very workable and minimalistic solution.

Those Tilta options seem like the best right now, and very well thought, maybe they pre-ordered first!

There is a lot of support on this camera. Certainly more than the EZ one!

15 minutes ago, Anaconda_ said:

To me that looks like how you put the grip on and take it off. I don’t think you can have it half way like that.

The screw at the bottom of the grip has to screw into the cage somewhere. By doing that you block the ports. 

i think this 2 withe blocks jam the grip in the tail and allow you to fix the grip to access the plugs

1 hour ago, omega1978 said:

i think this 2 withe blocks jam the grip in the tail and allow you to fix the grip to access the plugs

It looks to me that there is a knurled Knob that you have to screw in to lock the handle. Doesn't look adjustable to me.

Camera: Blackmagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera 4K 
Lenses: Contax Zeiss MMJ 18/4, 28/2.8, 35/2.8, 50/1.4, 85/1.4, 135/2.8 
CinemaDNG RAW 3:1, ISO 1250~3200 
Arri Skypanel S30-C x 3 
Metabones Speedbooster XL 0.64x 
DJI Ronin-S

The follow focus by Tilta is very good.

I would also like to see a version of that design with a battery in the handgrip instead of the FF, which would make it more affordable.

At the moment, the early power solutions aren't very elegant.

The Hasselblad modular grip which doubles as a battery is a nice way forward especially if you have two handles either side of the cage.

1 hour ago, Alex Uzan said:

So Andrew should get its Pocket4K today or tomorrow.
I can't wait to see what he has to say this new camera, since I can't stand anymore almost all those YT reviewers which (deliberatly ?) forget to mention flaws or good things.

I am as sick as these shill YT vids as much as you are! I've learnt jack shit so far, aside from the fact most of them have no artistic cinematic sensibilities and just have one shooting style - ADHD glossy glamour :)

So bummed about this tilta pack, still hope I can makeshift a way to use the nucleus N easy with the 8sinn half cage. (Which is crazy cause I paid 300 for halfcage/handle which Tilta has for half the price). Anyone know if the pistol grip/focus controller could be a good idea with the N motor? I feel like it would be a nice way to hold it handheld, one hand on grip, one on side handle.

25 minutes ago, Andrew Reid said:

I am as sick as these shill YT vids as much as you are! I've learnt jack shit so far, aside from the fact most of them have no artistic cinematic sensibilities and just have one shooting style - ADHD glossy glamour :)

Has your one shown up yet?

2 hours ago, Snuff said:

Camera: Blackmagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera 4K 
Lenses: Contax Zeiss MMJ 18/4, 28/2.8, 35/2.8, 50/1.4, 85/1.4, 135/2.8 
CinemaDNG RAW 3:1, ISO 1250~3200 
Arri Skypanel S30-C x 3 
Metabones Speedbooster XL 0.64x 
DJI Ronin-S

That isn't your video is it Snuff? Or is it?

Just letting you know that putting in the shooting details with nothing else makes it seem like you are sharing your own work.

Anyway thanks for the link and copying the info from youtube.

There are some funky colour things happening there.  The reds seem to be almost showing that red clipping issue and the yellow shadows on the face are strange.  I wonder if that was the grade or whether the sensor reacts like that naturally.

1 hour ago, Andrew Reid said:

Hey Andrew ! I made a review of the camera ! I tried to stay impartial and to put as much footage as possible in it and not just filming myself just talking about the camera. That's actually what made me do this review in the first place. I can't take it anymore : people talking about something in front of a camera with no footage to show. If you have time, I'd really like to have your input on my review ! Cheers ! (I'm sorry to for the repost :confused:)

1 hour ago, AaronChicago said:

I’ll be able to post this video tomorrow but heres a grab from my phone. BMPCC4k w/ Sigma 18-35 + Digital Diffusion FX1.

4C1C0F99-810C-49DA-83E6-58F2FA4C0A42.jpeg

Great Lighting and Grading. Looks kinda 70s maybe early 80s to me. Or it could be a scene from Zodiac. Definitely a filmic image, looking forward to the video!

1 hour ago, MattH said:

That isn't your video is it Snuff? Or is it?

Just letting you know that putting in the shooting details with nothing else makes it seem like you are sharing your own work.

It is not my video. When I put my video here I write about it.