Yurolov

Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K

EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Is anyone in the U.S. interested in a couple of CFast chips? When I sold my 1DXM2 earlier this year I kept them thinking I would pick up the BMPCC4K but since decided to go with the Fuji which works better for my needs. Since I have no longer a need, these chips are gather dust. Send me a PM if interested.

6 hours ago, tonysss said:

Yes, unfortunately 😞  ,  my OT BMPCC is visibly +2 stops DR up from my GH5. I see it in all videos of new pockets, dynamic range that is noticeably down 😞

It's interesting that you're able to perform DR comparisons by mentally comparing unrelated and differently graded shots seen on youtube, and are confident enough in the results to announce them.

The usual complaint about youtube "reviews" of BMD cameras is that the tuber has no idea how to grade the material, so the tests are meaningless.  But it's gone one better now:  comparisons of unrelated shots (from youtube?) done by memory.

35 minutes ago, Papiskokuji said:

My review is finally online ! I hope it will help people and answer a few questions ! Let me know what you think of it ! It took me so much time and yet I just have shaky footage to show... :cold_sweat: I'll shoot something decent soon, a real project !

Really enjoyable.

I agree with you regarding the initial impression of the build quality.

It is almost certainly more robust than it feels but I wouldn't fancy putting that to the test !

The buttons could have done with having a bit more travel or resistance (especially the Record button which on mine at least is so easily activated that it feels more like a touch sensor than a physical switch!) but, yes, I do think its a really nice layout too.

The menu system is up there with the Leica T in terms of elegance and simplicity and it would be great in a future update if BM took a similar path as Leica with offering an option for a custom menu screen with just the functions you want from other menus.

20 minutes ago, BTM_Pix said:

Really enjoyable.

I agree with you regarding the initial impression of the build quality.

It is almost certainly more robust than it feels but I wouldn't fancy putting that to the test !

The buttons could have done with having a bit more travel or resistance (especially the Record button which on mine at least is so easily activated that it feels more like a touch sensor than a physical switch!) but, yes, I do think its a really nice layout too.

The menu system is up there with the Leica T in terms of elegance and simplicity and it would be great in a future update if BM took a similar path as Leica with offering an option for a custom menu screen with just the functions you want from other menus.

Thank you ! It is nice to hear, especially coming from someone I always enjoy reading !

Yes I'm sure the camera can endure shocks but I won't try it either ! Blackmagic could surely offer a "my menu" tab, but the whole menu is so clean and simple, I don't even know I would use it !

Anyway, I had so much more to say about the camera, but doing it in english was so exhausting haha, so I tried to keep it simple. In french, I'd probably freestyle for hours about the camera !

1 hour ago, thephoenix said:

yes thanks

but as i said it is impossible for me to buy from us store, each time i want to checkout my cart goes emty

am i the only one ?

Sorry, your other posts didn't appear on my view (possibly as you are a new member I think so there is a delay)

I've just had a look at both sites and its doing the same in terms of emptying the cart when you try to check out whether its the lens regain or ND version.

However, on a hunch, on the European one I added one of their Amaran lights first, then added the ND (which is the only one in stock), then removed the light from the cart and it retained the ND in the cart when I went to the checkout as you can see here 

87810529_ScreenShot2018-10-28at17_56_11.thumb.png.7b2fdbb2db5a34a70a9debe939a94041.png

Try that in the US store as it might be worth a go.

Other than that, try the contact page and message them about whats going on as it might just be a weird glitch (which it seems it could be judging by my basket trick).

another well made site ;)

not the same for me, i can add some  more products my cart goes empty each time.

the bad news is that it is gonna be out of stock in europe and will remain that way i think, the good news is that  they are probably  working on a new one that might be out soon, but at this price it is a bargain for sure

31 minutes ago, Anaconda_ said:

Really nice footage and great review. The delivery of your voice over made me think a lot of Jean-Pierre Jeunet's movies - you should do more. 

I keep my DVDs of Delicatessen & Amelie , on the shelf,  but i have no DVD player anymore... great director otherwise!

9 hours ago, Jocelyn Deguise said:

This guy is a genius: he actually FIGURED OUT that 4096 pixels are more than 3840 pixels !

Well to be fair he figured out that its a native DCI 4k sensor, which is a valid observation as its different to all other stills cameras.  But to say never shoot UHD is a bit of a stretch.  If you know you want UHD and you shoot DCI you've just given yourself a job in post.