Jump to content

Sony A7S III


Andrew Reid
 Share

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, ade towell said:

image.png.7ab79a452d384b034294f5386e6af48c.png

Looks like full size hdmi, that would make it a far more attractive camera to me, don't trust the micro hdmi Canon and Fuji still use

I still think 4 120 is external only as the image shows an hdmi plugged in.... hope to be wrong

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, gt3rs said:

I still think 4 120 is external only as the image shows an hdmi plugged in.... hope to be wrong

The video didn't show a HDMI cable, the guy from the video commented on SAR that the external recorder was recording at 50p, so who knows. Seems weird to have an external only option that's almost impossible to record at the moment, how are all the Youtubers going to proclaim it the greatest camera ever if they can't test it? Unless there's an ass kicking Ninja VI about to be dropped, which would make sense because I recently bought the Ninja V.

Bildschirmfoto 2020-07-24 um 21.32.15.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Trek of Joy said:

The video didn't show a HDMI cable, the guy from the video commented on SAR that the external recorder was recording at 50p, so who knows. Seems weird to have an external only option that's almost impossible to record at the moment, how are all the Youtubers going to proclaim it the greatest camera ever if they can't test it? Unless there's an ass kicking Ninja VI about to be dropped, which would make sense because I recently bought the Ninja V.

Bildschirmfoto 2020-07-24 um 21.32.15.jpg

Could be recording 100p slow down to 50p externally, meaning no sound. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Django said:

the full HDMI port is a god bless 👌

So true ! As rumors come by, it's really kind of shaping up the perfect camera for me. I am a bit affraid about the lack of IBIS but we'll see. Good AF, S-Cinetone, 422 10bit, 4K120, ProRes RAW with my Ninja V, no overheating, man that's insane ! Exactly what I wanted. the two compromises are maybe the low pixl count and lack of / bad IBIS.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Trankilstef said:

So true ! As rumors come by, it's really kind of shaping up the perfect camera for me. I am a bit affraid about the lack of IBIS but we'll see. Good AF, S-Cinetone, 422 10bit, 4K120, ProRes RAW with my Ninja V, no overheating, man that's insane ! Exactly what I wanted. the two compromises are maybe the low pixl count and lack of / bad IBIS.

It says Steadyshot Inside right on the body, that looks like an IBIS confirmation to me.

Chris

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If what we are seeing is true, this camera looks fantastic! Let's hope it doesn't have ANY overheating issues. 

I do a lot of shoots with the FX9 and until now, have been using the P4K as a B Cam on a gimbal for smaller shoots. Having a small full frame camera like this, with hopefully the same colour science to the FX9 would be a great match. FX9 image is so nice, I don't really need RAW for the most part as long as I have a good 10bit codec.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Shouldn't the R5 be able to do 120fps to the Ninja if the A7SIII can?  I know there is a big difference megapixel wise between the 2 cameras but with all the "heat" Canon is getting maybe they could add it in a firmware update since it's already doing 4KHQ to the Ninja.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, MeanRevert said:

The SteadyShot in the RX100 series isn’t very good so if that’s what they’re using, Canon has them beat in that regard.

It isn't anywhere near Olympus current camera good but I do not have any issues with it in my RX100 iv.

About the same as some other older IBIS/IS cameras I have had (Pentax, Panasonic, Fuji).

Even if the A7siii only gets a couple of stops extra that will still be welcome though the original A7s is the camera I have had that LEAST needs IBIS thanks to decent high ISO.   

The better it is the more useful for video  though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, DWX said:

Shouldn't the R5 be able to do 120fps to the Ninja if the A7SIII can?  I know there is a big difference megapixel wise between the 2 cameras but with all the "heat" Canon is getting maybe they could add it in a firmware update since it's already doing 4KHQ to the Ninja.

Yes, it would. And it would mostly likely flame the Ninja too (pun intended). 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, terozzz said:

Here it is, with a7sIII filmed video (95% sure, the filmer when asked if he "likes a7sIII" gived a vink and love to the comment. Now removed): 

 

Also that photo up there with a7sIII rigged is from this set, same youtuber: 

 

Just watched a bit. 

I strongly believe this is indeed A7SIII footage, I can’t think of any other camera with these imaging characteristics. Although it’s rough v-logger style, looks great! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...