Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 6K

BTM_Pix

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
1 hour ago, Emanuel said:

Let's back to topic? What do you know about what I know? Where's the scope given by the media plays on it? I was referring the period between 1861-65 FYI and yes, to put in perspective your electoral college to match such Union and not a division of states from some other discussion about EU living hard days now to affect the lives of everyone having life here and buying from suppliers based in UK as for instance. What's this episode got to do with it? See how you end out of context? But once you mention, do you have any clue on my experience with? You pop up from nowhere as self-entitled to comment anything only because you feel you know better than anyone you targeted so? C'mon... Let's give a break now?

@Skip77 Thanks for your edit to put an end on more disband : -)

1861 thru 1865 is a long time ago. 

I edited my comment because it's not on topic. 

I will kindly always try to inform someone who doesn't live in the U.S. about what it's like in the U.S.  @webrunner5 is 100% correct about the ethnic and cultural make up of the U.S. It's not just one way in the south and one way in the north or the west.  The media wants to paint Texas one way and Cali another way. And yes the make up is different but not when you take a deep dive into each area. And across the U.S. everyone does get along.  Go read webrunner5 comments about where he lives and what he said and ask your self if that's what the media reports. 

Your comments / threads are open to everyone one to comment on, yes? 

I know you were talking about EU imports and you jumped and changed the topic with webrunner5. 

I know more about living in the U.S. then you do and that's not up for debate. 

1 hour ago, KnightsFan said:

Wow, this thread spiraled quickly. Usually it takes at least 7 pages for the politics to hit full stride.

I can't. It's still a while before 4k is truly mainstream. I know very few people with 4k screens, and I know no one who regularly watches 4k content. I know in select communities 4k is old news, but from what I see it's still a minority. You can make the argument that 6k is "future proof," but by the time I want to shoot in 6k, we'll have 3 more generations of cameras to choose from.

From my perspective the P4K has no downsides, and half the cost. Unless, of course, the real world reviews and footage is vastly different from my expectations--if it turns out the P6K inherits the minimal rolling shutter from the 4.6k G2, then that's a good place to start making a case--but it seems unlikely.

What I dislike about the new Pocket series in general is it does not seem very easy to rig up. The battery life seems poor, and an external battery would block the screen. And I don't like DSLR-style grips, which either get in the way of a follow focus, or make it hard to balance on a gimbal. I'm still hoping for an update to the Micro, but it is more likely that I'll have to turn to Z Cam when/if I upgrade from the trusty NX1.

What I love about both P4K and P6K is that they really set the bar low for price by stripping away complex systems that I don't need for video, such as AF, IBIS, and EVF, while adding a lot of simple things that are crucial, like full size HDMI and timecode.

I get what you're saying about 4K being mainstream but it really is mainstream right now. Not on your TV at home but on computers.  This is were we see every detail that 4K has to offer. When we see Netflix on the computer at 1080p we see the detail that you don't get after direct tv or cable compressed the signal. 

A 27in iMac or 27 or higher 4K computer monitor is how 4K and 6K come into play and we are already ready for 4K over the internet.  2k to 4k to 6k mostly is about viewing the same content on bigger screens. The outlets for 4K have changed and will only get better and the 50in flat panel at home is not the best way to view compressed 4K.

US was not on topic. Only entered because of EU changes we face today and affects camera supply too, hence the topic. No one here was trying to contradict Donald aka webrunner5 in his personal ramblings. I don't even discuss his thoughts, private experience and the whole of his posting content. When we comment this or that aspect, it doesn't mean we refuse everything the poster is saying. We can agree or disagree with a fewer part or not in a greater or less extent. No problem on that. The beef rises up at times when we intend to believe we know what the other side is or knows about something. Better to not presume anything. Some people can even live in more than a country or continent or reaching contact with a diverse range of distinct realities more or less closer to us. Why to think we know more than the other? Why to believe we are the expert on some topic or context? Or the alien must have fewer information, otherwise why he or she is called alien?? : D

What do we know about whom we're talking to?

Hard to know or guess who the other side is ; ) We're just guessing too often : ) Without mention, personal attacks based on presumptions as those already read here are even more ridiculous to say the least. As a few have hinted and we two concur as part of the same angle there I'm sure, let's focus on P6K topic please. For now, I wonder how this camera can be ready to ship for soon and there's no footage from the manufacturer part yet.

How much you guys wanna bet BMD P6K is more future proof then you think?   You all missed the fact that we all stream 2k and 4K content over the web to devices that show more detail and better quality then your flat panel above your fireplace. 

As I stated above, the Netflix and streaming content providers are the reason 6K and 8K matter.  

If you're watching that NFL game or soccer game live then that 50in flat panel is the way to go because they stream in 4K. But for tv and movies and original content streaming is the way everything is going. It's all about cutting the cord. 

Now I'm all good and support getting the best 4k cameras and streaming options available and agree the demand for 8K in not what most people want. But it's a different time right now with 4K to 8K then when we went jumped from 720p to 1080p and then to 4K.

@Emanuel have you watched "The Last Kingdom" on Netflix?  If so what did you think?

• Super Members
3 hours ago, webrunner5 said:

They were all different, even money wise, now they are all  sort of alike.

Sure.. Same thing in the states. Manhattan and New Orleans is exactly the same. People look the same, eat the exakt same food, listen to the exact same music, its the exact same climate, exactly the same dialect.. oh wait..

• Super Members
5 hours ago, Video Hummus said:

True cost of the 4K is larger than its MSRP by quite a lot. The 6K isn’t cheap if you don’t have a kit already. 

When you open the Pocket 4K box, you only need to add a lens and a memory card to shoot with it.

If you want to add extra power, support, external monitoring, microphones etc to it then the package cost will go up if you don't already own that stuff.

But exactly the same could be said of any interchangeable lens camera though. 

And it won't be any different with the Pocket 6K so I'm not sure what you are getting at here with regard to what I said mate, which was about used prices of the Pocket 4K getting lower ?

3 hours ago, Emanuel said:

the orange man

Not that I’m a triggered snowflake, but the double standard is too frustrating to stay silent on.

I get that many here hate Trump. This is ok. Freedom of thought and speech is healthy. So in that sense, fire away. But check this out...

I couldn’t stand Obama. Still can’t. But imagine if I called him “the brown man”. 

Triggered much? See my point?

Even though I’m ALL for freedom of speech, I’m also pro civility. Be respectful. I would never use the above phrase because I know there are various opinions and various sensitivities. It’s disrespectful. So I apply the golden rule and play it safe in my words so that we can dialogue and still remain civil. 

Otherwise a 5 page thread on a new camera has turned into a political thing and...

Maybe because of sensor side supply they are unable to show any footage so far? If so, how can they announce stock for now? All this is rather confusing to me... : -)

29 minutes ago, androidlad said:

This may come as a surprise but BMPC6K uses IMX571 (yes XT3 base sensor and zcam S6) operating in a 6144x3456 ROI mode.

Despite the sensor dimension in the spec, the actual unit houses a standard 3:2 APS-C sensor.

PS: Jonesy, I understand your observation but I didn't write Trump is the orange man, I didn't even refer his name in any word of that post; you just inferred that because of the wall the man wants to build. In any case, where I am he is commonly referred like that for this nick so perhaps can I be redeemed for somewhat cultural exemption? ; ) On the other hand, once said to a man used to physical abuse on the mother of his son (just as mere analogy, not related to such character now, OK?) that he had zero from my respect. Sorry me but that's also some point, fairly valid to my view : -)

1 minute ago, Emanuel said:

Maybe because of sensor side supply they are unable to show any footage so far? If so, how can they announce stock for now? All this is rather confusing to me... : -)

I agree. 

“Here is the camera. Here are the specs. Here is the price. You can buy now. But no sample footage.”

Strange.

Right. So, pre-order placed. But...

...doesn't it seem to you they can't deliver in August yet? Why that then?

No idea what's going on there, honesty is always welcome anywhere in every circumstances, no matter what. Marketing can't justify everything : -)

good thing is the 6k as a isb_c port to charge / power it

33 minutes ago, Jonesy Jones said:

I agree. 

“Here is the camera. Here are the specs. Here is the price. You can buy now. But no sample footage.”

Strange.

actually they do have some

https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/blackmagicpocketcinemacamera/workflow?fbclid=IwAR0sgY7iPmAG3SHMnW4eAGXaRgwplf-ghSxSc5KvzvwecALbYBfvVEXJNN0

So is this camera gonna be Netflix approved?

2 hours ago, Mako Sports said:

So 1 of my close shooter friends has already purchased/pre order it. I think im gonna make a kit to see how much it would cost me in total ?

Screenshot_20190809-021141(1).png

Great! I'm surprised it's already on pre-order. Keep us posted :)

40 minutes ago, thephoenix said:

I hadn’t seen that. Those are really nice. The wedding one was stunning.

Gorgeous image. Looks like color science right ooc is super nice. I’d still like @Sage to put his touch on it but it is beautiful nonetheless.

9 minutes ago, Jonesy Jones said:

I hadn’t seen that. Those are really nice. The wedding one was stunning.

Gorgeous image. Looks like color science right ooc is super nice. I’d still like @Sage to put his touch on it but it is beautiful nonetheless.

The one with the surf board shaper looked great!

A moderator should really sweep by this thread and remove all of the off-topic politics shit. I'm here to escape from the bullshit and talk cameras.

2 hours ago, thephoenix said:

Downloading it now, I'm eager to check these files!

• Super Members
4 hours ago, Jonesy Jones said:

Triggered much? See my point?

I guess the difference is that even though no man is free from sinn, the orange dude is a confessed aspring rapist, a criminal and a diagnosed compulsive liar. Which, good or bad policies aside, makes him pretty unfit for the job and there for a more legitimate target.

1 hour ago, Adam Kuźniar said:

A moderator should really sweep by this thread and remove all of the off-topic politics shit. I'm here to escape from the bullshit and talk cameras.

Downloading it now, I'm eager to check these files!

Agreed, even though Im part of the problem. Its just one of those days :)

On topic,
The new sensor size and mount is a god send. The BMPCC4K should have had a smaller sensor or EF mount to make it less of a PITA.
To bad about the 6K though, since its totally unnecessary imo and the price of it is too rich for my personal usage of it. If it would have had 250fps in HD I would have preordered it instantly.