Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 6K

BTM_Pix

38 minutes ago, webrunner5 said:

Oh I am Never going to say something bad about Greece. One of the most beautiful places on earth I have been too, especially the Islands.

But big time video separates the men from the boys is all I am saying. Pay up or go home. Sure some people work for company's on here. Imagine the money the company you work for have tried up in this stuff. Actually unimaginable money. Just think the BBC, ESPN, etc..

The market consists of different flavors, noone of the big companies I work for would buy any of the Pockets - ever, I personally, would/will buy one, and a lot of the smaller production companies already are delivering TV shows with GH5 and P4K cameras.

I am spending big in sound because I am a soundman first, I am not a DP or cameraman, but I do have a production company that needs a small and "cheap-ish" new camera, it doesn't have to be about power struggle and dog eat dog and big fish eats small fish e.t.c I just need a small-ish and reasonably priced camera for the occasional and accordingly priced project. For bigger you rent anyway or co-produce with another company.

Glad you've been here!

P.S if they were squeezing an ND filter somewhere in there it would be a certain buy from me. 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
1 hour ago, Emanuel said:

YEurope is a concept, not a farm of a few parasites living from people. We are all the people, long life to EU : -)

The EU is just a way to diminish your identity Country wise. You will be like the Borg down the road. You have done drank the Cool Aide. Shame on you. EU is on it's last legs. Worse thing that ever happened to you in the years to come. Silly stuff. Your countries will never be the same. Stupid mistake. Smells like Neo Nazism. You all suffer rather than the ones that deserve to.

What country identity...?!

I have more from your TV series produced in US than of my native own. I had idea who Bonanza was much before than knowing how to pronounce the name of my country. Only to give you a fine example. Or the English juvenile literature by Enid Blyton or Agatha Christie without mention The Beatles in my childhood from British culture as next example. Take a look on the idiom you use. Where's the country identity?

BTW what distinguishes you from some other fellow from another US state?

This is pure BS sold by morons to put their paw on your neck : )

I've decided to sue my country FYI -- the state, today.

And spread the news to use the tools my condition as European citizen grants to me.

Seriously.

The lawyer inside me has decided this today (and a doc to be produced by the filmmaker), precisely because, as matter of fact, your country is your family.

The rest is a bunch of parasites trying to rule you as their slave.

Your rights are the only identity you have.

11 minutes ago, Emanuel said:

What country identity...?!

This is pure BS sold by morons to put their paw on your neck : )

I've decided to sue my country FYI -- the state, today.

And spread the news to use the tools my condition as European citizen grants to me.

Seriously.

The lawyer inside me has decided this today (and a doc to be produced by the filmmaker), precisely because, as matter of fact, your country is your family.

The rest is a bunch of parasites trying to rule you as their slave.

Your rights are the only identity you have.

Hmm, re read your statement. Maybe you do agree.

Back on topic.

Can anyone make the case for the P6K vs the P4K?

Pros: 

1. Native EF mount. Can this be a negative?

2. 6K resolution

What else?

P4K

Pros:

1. M43 mount, unlimited lenses and can be adapted or speedboosted for very interesting options. E.g EF 70-200mm can be a 140-400mm or 45-55 to 128-150.

2. Price. The price is very low!

What's your take about specific pros and cons of those 2?

Does an 6K S35 (or APS-C) sensor needs more energy on a very energy taxed camera?

24 minutes ago, webrunner5 said:

I figured you would come up with some dumb ass reply. I guess you want be anything this week you need to be. I bet you are a gynecologist also?

No, I have dual solid academic and professional backgrounds in film and law. For two and three decades now.

I just don't buy your argument on distinct nationalities. Mere BS, call it poor narrative but never non-fiction as you wish. Borders don't break my heart at all. That wall the orange man wants to build is a shame and a civilization setback. Ends in those sad killings who make the news of "your country" nowadays...

1 minute ago, Emanuel said:

No, I have dual solid academic and professional backgrounds in film and law. I just don't buy your argument on distinct nationalities. Mere BS, call it fiction. Borders don't break my heart at all. That wall the orange man wants to build is a shame and a civilization setback. Ends in those sad killings who make the news of "your country" nowadays...

You are giving away the farm trust me. I have lived and fought to save it. You are going to pay a huge price for what you think is unity. Fools gold.

5 hours ago, BTM_Pix said:

I'm curious about this to be honest.

Its still quite rare to see one out in the wild isn't it?

There were obviously a gazillion pre-orders when it was announced but I wonder what percentage of those turned into actual delivered sales after all the delays?

How many people cancelled because they got fed up and moved on to another camera (after all people couldn't just put their projects on indefinite hold) or their circumstances changed or they didn't like CDNG being removed?

If those people now come back I'm guessing it might will be to the 6K and that the 6K will have a longer life so might well outsell the 4K in the end.

quite a few of the blogger reviews had double orders and i know of other that had multiple orders and once the first order turned up they either cancelled or tried hocking  it on ebay at an inflated price. pretty suss behavior if you ask me but thats seems to be the way of things. my only question is how long till we hit  400 pages like the p4k did. personally i wont be getting one anytime soon, theres still plenty of life left in the p4k i got :)

6 minutes ago, leslie said:

quite a few of the blogger reviews had double orders and i know of other that had multiple orders and once the first order turned up they either cancelled or tried hocking  it on ebay at an inflated price. pretty suss behavior if you ask me but thats seems to be the way of things. my only question is how long till we hit  400 pages like the p4k did. personally i wont be getting one anytime soon, theres still plenty of life left in the p4k i got :)

Plentry life left in the G7 also. Big deal. You are already behind sad to say. Life moves on. Welcome to the video world. Photo, no big deal, Video, oh boy..

15 minutes ago, leslie said:

I see P6K as a premium Pocket offer. Plenty of choices never hurt unless your pocket. You also have the choice to not buy it or pick some other option. People call it freedom : )

16 minutes ago, webrunner5 said:

You are giving away the farm trust me. I have lived and fought to save it. You are going to pay a huge price for what you think is unity. Fools gold.

It is beyond that. If your rights will help you widen up their strength, you have no reason to complain.

Nothing to argue on that one. First part of your post. Now you've edited so I can't really say the same... : D

Nationalism is absolutely against any progress. EU should never be seen as a new form of one but its opposite new way of living them. As much as US succeed to be. Or UK.

Just now, webrunner5 said:

Plentry life left in the G7 also. Big deal. You are already behind sad to say. Life moves on. Welcome to the video world. Photo, no big deal, Video, oh boy..

not really.

i retuned the tv the other day  got like 38 tv channel  some tv stations have like 4 channels with exactly the same crap on each one. after that theres still only two or three hd channels, the rest are 575 lines or what ever they are,  why migrate to 6k and the added expense that would entail  for 1 tv that would probably end up in my bedroom  no broadcaster over here   could use 6k anyway 

7 minutes ago, leslie said:

not really.

i retuned the tv the other day  got like 38 tv channel  some tv stations have like 4 channels with exactly the same crap on each one. after that theres still only two or three hd channels, the rest are 575 lines or what ever they are,  why migrate to 6k and the added expense that would entail  for 1 tv that would probably end up in my bedroom  no broadcaster over here   could use 6k anyway 

Oh I agree we Don't need it, but the people that will pay you to do it believe you Need to produce it to pay you lol. It never ends..

8 minutes ago, Emanuel said:

Nothing to argue on that one. Nationalism is absolutely against any progress. EU should never be seen as a new form of one but its opposite new way of living them. As much as US succeed to be. Or UK.

No I believe it was a mistake sorry. I have been to most of the EU countries, They will never be the same down the road, and that is what made them special. Not united. They were all different, even money wise, now they are all  sort of alike.

11 minutes ago, webrunner5 said:

No I believe it was a mistake sorry. I have been to most of the EU countries, They will never be the same down the road, and that is what made them special. Not united.

Why? Serves US economy...? ; -) Hard to say anything from outside or as tourist without mention when you're based on some other block.

Let alone to rise the conflict of interests that approach contains on itself.

BTW speaking of devil, why not starting by you?

You even have a President who was not elected by the majority of your citizens... Last time I heard, half part of your country tried to kill the other half...

On the leftover towards the topic, it's economy : ) Even though, there's an interesting thread open to mitigate the doubts:

19 minutes ago, Emanuel said:

It's economy : ) Even though, there's an interesting thread open on topic:

Why? Serves US economy...? ; -)

Amazingly enough whether you believe it or not every state is really different, even laws wise in the USA. Different economy's, different language, different crops, mindset even. I live in what they call the Tri County Area. Ohio, Indiana, Kentucky is all within 40 miles of each where I live, Indiana is only 5 miles from me. And they are are all day and night different dialect, economy, outlook, education wise, even disposition wise. Not one state is the same. Amazing difference from some. None alike money wise. From filthy rich to filthy poor. Ohio is a Industrial state, Indiana , Kentucky is a farming state. Kentucky a lot poorer over all than the others  near me. It is what is is, And I love all of them. All are beautiful. on their own merits. I think Kentucky is one of the most beautiful states of them all to be honest.

2 hours ago, Kisaha said:

I didn't blame anyone. Just stated the facts. European Union has very expensive taxes but they are the only ones left in the world to try to regulate Google and Facebook, and I rather live here than having to deal with a mass shooting every week.

This is a very nice corner of the world here. Beginning of the western civilization with Acropolis at the city center matched with unlimited islands with no sharks and great mountains!

The sea or a mountain is no more than 20-30minutes wherever you are in the country.

You are overreacting big time and people are "affraid" to state their opinion because they want to avoid the conflict. You are not the only one alive in this world and we have seen things and done things in our lives too, and still do by the way.

Don't believe the media.  It's safe in America and just as safe as the U.K.  Every country has it's problems. 

I don't have a negative opinion of the U.K. and would love to travel and visit. 

Let's try to put this on track or this ends as an absolute disrespect to Andrew as our host, I'd say, the man is probably sleeping and will wake up in the morning to see our mess?! LOL : -)

I just put a pre-order in a British supplier, hope to still be able to receive it in time before the world may change to worse case scenario to all of us, European users... I wonder when. If they rush, who knows if this month yet?