Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 6K

Can anyone who's owned the BMPCC original and/or BMMCC compare those to the 1080p from the P4K? I want the slightly soft but finely detailed, sharp but not too sharp, rich, nice color and skin tone look of the BMPCC/BMMCC but with the more convenient body and features of the P4K (big touch screen, better low light, bigger sensor, 120fps, the ability to bake in a lut in prores). I've seen a convincing side by side video where the P4K was made to match the original BMPCC, but I honestly kinda suck at that sort of thing, plus I hate the added time and work in post so I want to try and achieve the look I want in camera as much as I can. And the look I want is the original BMPCC/BMMCC but with more features and convenience. I'm also wondering if the S16 crop can only be utilized in 2.6K BRaw, or if it can be used in 1080p ProRes as well. I want to be able to use my FD lenses with a focal reducer with the full sensor, as well as my c-mount lenses with the crop, depending on the project. I'll be using the camera mostly for narrative film projects of mine, and the occasional paid video gig.

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey guys I got my bmpcc6k last wk and finally got to take it out this wknd to do some test shots. Here are some screen grabs. I shot in Braw 6k & 2.8k mixing 23.98, 50 and 120 fps. Lens was canon

I do not want to participate but a specific someone is playing us like a fiddle for 15 pages now. Drags people into the nonsense abyss and single handedly destroyed the P6K thread for everyone that is

The Blackmagic RAW highlight and shadow rolloff sliders affect the roll off of the "S" contrast curve you create with the custom gamma controls. If you add no contrast, they will do nothing as there's

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/31/2020 at 7:37 PM, Matt Kieley said:

Can anyone who's owned the BMPCC original and/or BMMCC compare those to the 1080p from the P4K? I want the slightly soft but finely detailed, sharp but not too sharp, rich, nice color and skin tone look of the BMPCC/BMMCC but with the more convenient body and features of the P4K (big touch screen, better low light, bigger sensor, 120fps, the ability to bake in a lut in prores). I've seen a convincing side by side video where the P4K was made to match the original BMPCC, but I honestly kinda suck at that sort of thing, plus I hate the added time and work in post so I want to try and achieve the look I want in camera as much as I can. And the look I want is the original BMPCC/BMMCC but with more features and convenience. I'm also wondering if the S16 crop can only be utilized in 2.6K BRaw, or if it can be used in 1080p ProRes as well. I want to be able to use my FD lenses with a focal reducer with the full sensor, as well as my c-mount lenses with the crop, depending on the project. I'll be using the camera mostly for narrative film projects of mine, and the occasional paid video gig.

I've shot with both quite a bit. I really prefer the bmmcc or bmpcc skin tone, color and highlights. The P4K or P6K is much better camera all around and is a lot more user friendly, but strictly image wise, the bmmcc and bmpcc in my opinion, produce much more unique and film like images. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...