Yurolov

Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K

EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
5 hours ago, MattH said:

What do you think about the video? Did you notice the weird colour stuff?

I think that I have not seen such a video from the old pocket, it looks impressive.

22 hours ago, Shirozina said:

Just checked now (without the 1:2.40 frame guides) and yes there is a very slight corner shading wide open at the wide end but I wouldn't call it a problem and nothing that can't be fixed in the grade. Maybe on the Metabones it's different though?

Okay, I just figured this out: it's the HOOD. With the sunhood on I get significant vignetting (on the left especially). Without it it's, like you said, not worth mentioning.

When monitoring audio through the camera, I’ve noticed a bit I a lag. Has anyone else experinced this?

its not really a problem, just a little distracting if you can hear the talent talking in the room and then almost an echo in the headphones. 

My Atomos did the same, but I put it down to the HDMI signal being slightly delayed. Now, of course, the HDMI element is taken out of the situation.  

On 10/27/2018 at 11:51 PM, Anaconda_ said:

Maybe it’s because I’m using adapter lenses , but I’m having no problems with CA or distortion. 

I do have the cheap as chips MFT Meike 28mm f2.8 and that also works perfectly. Maybe wider, native lenses present a problem though

Only electronic lenses would have options to correct distortion in a Panasonic body. 

So your 28mm would look exactly the same on a GH5S or a BMPCC4K

On 10/27/2018 at 11:53 PM, Shirozina said:

The monitor is just not bright enough and also the screen is highly reflective so outside use is problematic without a hood or Loupe.

Kinda defeats the purpose of the MASSIVE monitor on the BMPCC4K then. 

On 10/28/2018 at 4:04 AM, wyrlyn said:

anyone would recommend a cheap (under 50 usd) external monitor that has small screen (around 3.5 inch)? i would use it for screen tilting only.

Under $50 is crazy too low! (unless you go DIY like @BTM_Pix and others have done)

As it is, I'm already astonished just how very very very low prices of monitors have fallen in recent years! 

Personally I'm liking my Lilliput A5 monitor quite a lot, it is a 5" monitor for only US$150

I want to buy a stabilized travel zoom lens for P4K (that also fits on my Canon 700D).

Dou you guys think the Tamron 16-300mm f/3.5-6.3 Di II VC PZD MACRO lens + Viltrox Viltrox EF M2 0.71x would be a good combination (no vignette, etc) for P4K?

If I am right I should get around 12-200mm 2.4-4.4 with the speedbooster attached.

9 minutes ago, wyrlyn said:

I want to buy a stabilized travel zoom lens for P4K (that also fits on my Canon 700D).

Dou you guys think the Tamron 16-300mm f/3.5-6.3 Di II VC PZD MACRO lens + Viltrox Viltrox EF M2 0.71x would be a good combination (no vignette, etc) for P4K?

If I am right I should get around 12-200mm 2.4-4.4 with the speedbooster attached.

You should probably cue the X files music in the background because I have literally just bought a used one of these lenses about an hour ago as a general purpose lens for a few different cameras and put it on the BM4K!

20181031_153400.thumb.jpg.a34bc9cea0f3cc32a28f3c7628cb9346.jpg

My live report from the scene is no vignette, reports f2.5 on the short end and f4 on the long end. VC works and is surprisingly effective at the long end.

No AF though either one shot or touch.

14 hours ago, Stefan Antonescu said:

I cannot tell you how much I'm looking forward to seeing this. I absolutely love a 80s film look. What lenses did you use ?

It’s actually a music video for the Plain White T’s. I used the Pocket 4k and RED Gemini. Lenses were Canon FD primes, and Sigma 18-35.

On 10/27/2018 at 5:04 PM, wyrlyn said:

anyone would recommend a cheap (under 50 usd) external monitor that has small screen (around 3.5 inch)? i would use it for screen tilting only.

Cinemartin has a 5 inch for 95 EUR +38EUR shipping. Not sure about the quality though, I couldn't find any review.

On 10/29/2018 at 3:04 AM, Jocelyn Deguise said:

This guy is a genius: he actually FIGURED OUT that 4096 pixels are more than 3840 pixels !

To be fair, that is an above average level of discussion about the BMPCC4K than we've sometimes seen recently.

6 hours ago, Stefan Antonescu said:

Looks really good, love the vintage feel.

Out of curiosity, why did you choose to shoot with the Pocket 4K and Gemini instead of just one camera ? More coverage?

I used the Ronin S for quite a few shots w/ the pocket 4K. I also planned on using it for a car mount but ended up using the Gemini with that.