Jump to content

PSA: Don't buy any gear! NAB 2017 is One Week Away


andrgl
 Share

Recommended Posts

I might pick up a GH5, but definitely waiting for NAB to see what camera bodies are announced. A new A7s or something killer from Fuji would be intriguing. And I'd love to see more compact designs from Blackmagic. A Pocket-Micro revision or an Ursa Micro with a 2.3K slice of the 4.6K sensor would be kinda dope. I'd scoop that up in a heartbeat.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Hanriverprod said:

imported a7r ii price dropped to $2199. In Seoul, the regular version is only slightly more expensive than a gh5, around $200 difference now. It was close to 4 grand a few months ago. Maybe they'll give them away after an announcement?

Still full price over at BH ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, jonpais said:

Still full price over at BH ?

No real surprise! I have never been to the store, only seen pictures, but I guess they have to make money when they can, because they stock an Amazing amount of stuff on hand. I don't see how they can have that much electronic stuff, that depreciates faster than you can buy it, and make money doing it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Damn a 1DX II is so damn much money!! Hell you can buy a Sony FS5 for same or less money new, really?? I mean they are a nice camera but a DSLR over a good camcorder? Ehh,  U know my choice, Canon colors or not. That is why they invented FilmConvert!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, jonpais said:

Still full price over at BH ?

Jon do you order from BH? I used to go there and shop since I grew up in NYC but haven't gotten anything shipped to Korea. If you have, how was the experience?

If they released the a7s iii with improved af, better color, more stability and 10bit, it would be hard to justify another hybrid body for a while.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Hanriverprod said:

Jon do you order from BH? I used to go there and shop since I grew up in NYC but haven't gotten anything shipped to Korea. If you have, how was the experience?

If they released the a7s iii with improved af, better color, more stability and 10bit, it would be hard to justify another hybrid body for a while.

Most of my experiences with BH have been good, but I don't order much from abroad anymore because VN customs is like the mafia. If I can't find what I need, I fly to Thailand, Malaysia or Hong Kong.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, wolf33d said:

The new Sony is coming and is going to rock 

20mpx

dual sd 

touchscreen and good AF

Give me 4K60p and FHD 240fps and bye bye GH5 for me

 

Its time for me to dump my Sony gears when they are still have value.....ohhh wait, the A7RII and A7S is selling for much less now brand new :/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, webrunner5 said:

Damn a 1DX II is so damn much money!! Hell you can buy a Sony FS5 for same or less money new, really?? I mean they are a nice camera but a DSLR over a good camcorder? Ehh,  U know my choice, Canon colors or not. That is why they invented FilmConvert!

If you need a great stills camera and video camera, along with usable AF, near FF crop (1.3), shoots 4K 60 and works with your Canon FF lens collection, it's the only option. After the FS700 (which I sold), I wouldn't buy the FS5 or FS7 (purchased the C300 II and love it). I have Filmconvert and it's a cool product, however no way does it remotely replace good color science in the source camera (and it's a bit slow, the same reason I don't use Neat Video anymore).

The rumored updates to the 5DIV if true will make that camera a lot more appealing to many current Sony and Panasonic users. Because, #color. Why are people so excited about the latest ML updates on the 'ancient' 5D3, even with all the extra hassle. Because, #color!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, wolf33d said:

The new Sony is coming and is going to rock 

20mpx

dual sd 

touchscreen and good AF

Give me 4K60p and FHD 240fps and bye bye GH5 for me

A7siii AF sucks.

A7siii battery life sucks.

A7siii touch screen sucks.

Have I missed anything? (just getting in early before the chorus starts).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, noone said:

A7siii AF sucks.

A7siii battery life sucks.

A7siii touch screen sucks.

Have I missed anything? (just getting in early before the chorus starts).

Yes - everybody looks like the living dead. Easily corrected in-camera but watch out for the fifteen pages of people moaning about the red channel whilst ignoring that little slider thingy in their editing suite.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, noone said:

A7siii AF sucks.

A7siii battery life sucks.

A7siii touch screen sucks.

Have I missed anything? (just getting in early before the chorus starts).

Really? You've played with the A7S III? A7S II's touch screen did suck since it didn't have one ;)  True on A7S II battery and AF (A7R II has decent AF).

A7S II has decent color with a little work: 

Which camera is which?

small_adjustment.jpg

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, jcs said:

Really? You've played with the A7S III? A7S II's touch screen did suck since it didn't have one ;)  True on A7S II battery and AF (A7R II has decent AF).

A7S II has decent color with a little work: 

Which camera is which?

small_adjustment.jpg

 

Nah!  The A7s is my all time favourite camera.       I still love my first version for stills and the odd video.

I am just getting in before "it" starts (as it will).

Seriously, I expect it to be a wonderful camera that would suit me down to the ground and be a low light demon.     I don't expect it to be the "best" camera for everything though just as I think the GH5 looks very nice but not the "best" for everything.

OH and as for battery life, IF you use fresh batteries and use them quickly, you get a LOT more shots out of an A7 battery than if you shoot over time without changing.     

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@jcs

Quote

After the FS700 (which I sold), I wouldn't buy the FS5 or FS7 (purchased the C300 II and love it)

1. May I ask you, why you've sold your FS700?

2. I've seen some FS700 RAW footage and it was really great IQ. Are you experienced with the FS700 (4K RAW) and the 7Q+?

As I will buy 2 identical cameras (+ recorders) this summer for "dual use" (1. 4.2.0 8bit for ENG & quick shooting AND 2. RAW option with an external recording device for great IQ) I was just considering, it would be a great option for me. 2 x FS700 + 2 x 7Q+ fit my budget and it seems to be the only camera at the moment fitting my "dual use" requirements and budget. Thank you! (I believe, @Tim Sewell owned a FS700 too...)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...