Canon EOS RP specs leaked, features 26MP sensor and 4K video

Andrew Reid

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
26 minutes ago, kaylee said:

bundled ?

edit: sorry, i havent read the entire thread, do we know what the crop is yet?

The camera is a crop top from the EOS R, maybe 30% less cranium. 

Seriously: Should be around 1.64x crop in 4k I would guess based on the 15% difference. 

@Andrew Reid “Personally, I like the idea of perfect autofocus in a small affordable 4K body with full frame stills for $1299”.

Well have a look at the A6400. You get the same crop, even better autofocus, smaller and lighter body and for much less money. And  well you know, with lenses you CAN actually buy. 

As far as still capabilities, this 6D2 sensor should not even exist. I am just gonna post the attached and say no word. 

7403D528-97E3-4BB1-A083-F511906BCBF9.png

12 minutes ago, wolf33d said:

@Andrew Reid “Personally, I like the idea of perfect autofocus in a small affordable 4K body with full frame stills for $1299”.

Well have a look at the A6400. You get the same crop, even better autofocus, smaller and lighter body and for much less money. And  well you know, with lenses you CAN actually buy. 

As far as still capabilities, this 6D2 sensor should not even exist. I am just gonna post the attached and say no word. 

"I dont always raise exposure, but when I do, I increase it by 6 stops" - Dosekies Cameraman 

Bullcrap the AF is better than DPAF for video, still drops it like it's hot. Some people like pulsing things (for pleasure?) but I prefer my AF not to ever do it. 

For the record; I also think the 6d ii photo DR is unacceptable trash. 

1 hour ago, Snowbro said:

"I dont always raise exposure, but when I do, I increase it by 6 stops" - Dosekies Cameraman 

Bullcrap the AF is better than DPAF for video, still drops it like it's hot. Some people like pulsing things (for pleasure?) but I prefer my AF not to ever do it. 

For the record; I also think the 6d ii photo DR is unacceptable trash. 

You can talk your shit all day dude, show me your photography work, I’ll show you mine. You might be surprised. For sure for your cat pictures you are right you won’t see any difference in DR.

I have had FF Canons Nikons Sonys. The real life usable DR difference between Canon bodies and Sony/Nikon is INSANE for landscape work. Night and day. 

This camera is another epic joke from Canon that performs less than crop bodies in every single way but lowlight performance. When they decide to release a body that has similar specs from other cameras released this decade, I will be the first to buy one. I have 0 brand loyalty. Just shooting loud what we should not accept which is a lot in the today’s Photography market owned by a couple of old-fashion Japanese.

34 minutes ago, wolf33d said:

You can talk your shit all day dude, show me your photography work, I’ll show you mine. You might be surprised. For sure for your cat pictures you are right you won’t see any difference in DR.

I have had FF Canons Nikons Sonys. The real life usable DR difference between Canon bodies and Sony/Nikon is INSANE for landscape work. Night and day. 

This camera is another epic joke from Canon that performs less than crop bodies in every single way but lowlight performance. When they decide to release a body that has similar specs from other cameras released this decade, I will be the first to buy one. I have 0 brand loyalty. Just shooting loud what we should not accept which is a lot in the today’s Photography market owned by a couple of old-fashion Japanese.

when you tell Canon shooters that the new AI enhanced 4D autofocus is better than Canon DPAF 

nogdno.jpg

But in all seriousness I think this camera will mark the beginning of the end for Nikon.

1 hour ago, wolf33d said:

"Show me yours and i'll show you mine?" Dude.. I respect your decision (sony?), but I don't swing that way, i'm so sorry. This is a video centric forum, but I have 15k followers on IG for photos with 2,500 likes per pic & barely post; what is your social proving that you make anything worth a ??  I posted a thread showing the a7riii having much worse shadow recovery than the 1dx ii(sweet chroma noise on sony ?), I was genuinely surprised, as I had been considering an a7riii for landscapes.

I have never needed more than 4 stops recovery, ever. If you do professional landscape work, you will focus stack and bracket with luminosity masks. Pros bracket, that will allow you to get 32 bit HDR photos with 10 stops of exposure recovery in Camera Raw/LR, instead of 5 with your sony single shot (which looks bad at 5, especially over iso 100). 

Here ya go: 

Update: I saw your IG, cool photos, but it looks like many are very overexposed and there wasn't enough highlight recovery? Also, I had said that I thought this new canon camera had terrible DR, so I don't know why you want to argue with me when I agreed hahaha. Just a reminder, you are on a URL called EOSHD and in a canon thread.

BTW, the Nikon D850 is the best FF single shot landscape camera, not anything from sony. I would take the Fuji medium format cameras for landscape if that is what I did everyday, they are incredible. 

On 2/11/2019 at 1:10 PM, Blancblue said:

Awesome Page. There are some very interessting facts, which explain the Canon / Sony Color Discussion: 

A7III: 

Color reproduction by the Sony Alpha 7 Mark III is accurate, with only one color showing a strong deviation from the original. ∆E ranges from 8.9 at ISO100, to a small range between 9.7 and 10.0 at ISO400 to ISO 1600.

Photo: The automatic white balance implemented by the Alpha 7 Mark III is excellent, with values between 0.0 and 0.2 at all ISOs measured between ISO100 and ISO25600.  
Video: Automatic white balance is not excellent, with scores of 1.5 (low ISO) and 1.4 (high ISO).

Just for the record - DR:

Photo: The dynamic range exhibited by the Alpha 7 Mark III is very good: over 10.1 f-stops (up to 10.3) at all ISOs tested between ISO100 to ISO800. Dynamic range remains high as ISO increases (9.8 f-stops at ISO1600) up to ISO6400 (9.2 f-stops). However, once again, ISO12800 shows poorer results, with a drop of nearly a full f-stop to 8.3. The extended ISOs are even worse: for example, 6.9 f-stops at Hi1.

Video - Dynamic range is good: 9.0 f-stops at low ISO and 8.0 at high ISO. 

EOS R: 

Color reproduction is good, with only 6 colors deviating strongly, five of which are reds. ∆E is consistent and ranges from 10.3 to 10.6 at all ISOs tested.

Photo: Automatic white balance is very good, ranging between 0.3 and 0.6 at all ISO s tested from ISO 100 to ISO 12800.

Video: Automatic white balance is decent at high ISO  (0.7) but poor at low ISO (1.2). Color reproduction is nearly as good as in still images, with a ∆E of 11.7 at both high and low ISO .

Just for the record - DR:

Photo: Maximum dynamic range: 14.1 f-stops measured at ISO 800. Dynamic range is more than 10 f-stops at all ISO s from ISO 100 up through ISO 3200. At ISO 100, dynamic range is measured at 10.9 f-stops, at ISO 400 12.9, and at ISO 1600, 11.0. Dynamic range is poorer at the higher ISO s, with a minimum tested among the native ISO s, or 7.9 f-stops at ISO 25600.

Video: Dynamic range is good in video (9.7 and 9.0 f-stops for low and high ISO , respectively). Automatic white balance is decent at high ISO  (0.7) but poor at low ISO (1.2). Color reproduction is nearly as good as in still images, with a ∆E of 11.7 at both high and low ISO. 

Conclusion: 

Color Reproduction and Color "Beautyness" are two different shoes. And Auto White Balance makes a different, too. Imho, the 5 deviating reds and the better AWB is the key, why a lot of people might prefer canon colors over sony - in terms of video. 

can you please share where you found this data ? thanks

You know, I’ve been dying to use my EF lenses with DPAF even in 1080p but to omit 24p from 1080p is so mind boggingly dumb that I am utterly confused. 

But the more I think about it, I should thank Canon because they just gave me another reason why I don’t need a new camera. 

In 4-5 years once ML Hacks this Camera and you can buy it for 120$ on ebay it will be a very nice camera.

btw, shadow recovery of sony sensors is totally overrated. I have an old CCD 16bit camera that doesn't hace as much DR on paper or when you Pixel peep, but when you compare the final output  side by side the Sony cmos looses, it looks super artificial.