Yurolov

Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K

2 hours ago, mercer said:

Don’t you just have to unscrew the back guard/fin and remove it?

I have the ef-s 17-55mm and you can just pull the back part off with your fingers, no need to unscrew anything. You do need to use some force but it seems safe to do - I think it's different to newer ef-s lenses where you do have to use a hacksaw. With that part removed, it should be fine to use on a speedbooster. The focus ring on this lens has soft stops, it's nice to use - with a slightly longer focus throw than the Tamron or Sigma equivalents. The stabilisation is only 3 stops but it's very smooth for video - it doesn't jump around abruptly like some Tamron lenses or Lumix lenses seem to do when panning. The build quality isn't that great unfortunately, it feels a bit fragile considering how much it weighs.

EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I contacted my retailer (Sydney, Aus) yesterday and they said they still had no firm data on a shipping date.

Also, question from a noob, why do so many Pocket 4K owners here use/want the speedbooster? This will be my first camera and I was just planning on buying a native lens. Do people use the speedbooster because it's better, or just because they already have lenses that require it?

9 minutes ago, JordanWright said:

Cvp emailed me saying they have recieved cameras and will allocate them first come first served. 

I haven’t had mine allocated yet and they previously told me I was in the first 20. That means cvp must have recieved less than 20 cameras.

The first Pocket camera trickled into the UK at a very slow pace - some places got 5 a week, some got 3 or less. Unfortunately, you're all going to have to play the waiting game - the US & Asia got them a lot quicker than those of us in the UK last time round, but we did get them....in the end!