Introducing Rectilux FF Single Focus Adapters (Rectilux 5FF, Rectilux 7FF & Rectilux 9FF Announced)

JohnBarlow

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

procter, it works just the same as the FM.

focus anamorphic to infinity, put it inside the rectilux, attach it to the taking lens, focused to infinity as well. attach this whole thing to the camera.

was this the explanation you were looking for? :D

Thanks  Tito,

I kinda got it,but as  i said  it was more friendly advice for J Barlow about how is project presented. (Bolex Moller particularly interesting project, hope that one comes off.)

On an unrelated note  wanted tot thank you personally for all your work on this forum, has helped me so much in the development of my own project. I thought your film was excellent and am genuinely interested to see what work you are going to do next.

cordialement

s

​Thanks  Tito,

I kinda got it,but as  i said  it was more friendly advice for J Barlow about how is project presented. (Bolex Moller particularly interesting project, hope that one comes off.)

On an unrelated note  wanted tot thank you personally for all your work on this forum, has helped me so much in the development of my own project. I thought your film was excellent and am genuinely interested to see what work you are going to do next.

cordialement

s

Oh man, what a great way to start the day! Thanks a lot! :D

I'm already working on something new, but (unfortunately) it's not anamorphic. Still haven't got the guts to mix anamorphics and VFX because I'm still learning. Please keep me updated on your project, I'm eager to know more about it!

Oh man, what a great way to start the day! Thanks a lot! :D

I'm already working on something new, but (unfortunately) it's not anamorphic. Still haven't got the guts to mix anamorphics and VFX because I'm still learning. Please keep me updated on your project, I'm eager to know more about it!

​Well Tito current project very under wraps for moment but if your interested at all my previous work , simple google search  "procter photography "

best s

The earlier post on the focusing performance was mistakenly quoted for the Version 1 product.

Version 2 of Rectilux 3FF-W is as follows:

3FF-W has a Focus throw of 170 degrees (less than 1/2 a turn) from 0.6m to infinity, the stroke is 21mm from 0.6m to infinity

One third of the above is devoted to the close range 0.6m to 1m, which means that the 
Focus throw is 117 degrees (less than 1/3 turn) from 1m to infinity, the stroke is 14mm from 1m to infinity. 

More News from Rectilux...

For information I have made available for download, the Schneider Kreuznach brochure on the ES Cinelux Anamorphic 2X MC that I have kept in my archives from the period here:

http://www.transferconvert.co.uk/cinemania/ESanamorpH.pdf

The brochure has a paragraph as follows:
"The performance of any lens is determined by the type and quality of the glass used, the elegance of the lens design, and the quality control and skill used in the manufacturing process. The number of elements in a lens design doesn't determine lens quality or performance, it's how well these elements are made and combined, that does."

Those who have been following the development of Rectilux, the original single focus attachment for anamorphic projection lenses, will know that this statement is in perfect harmony with Rectilux design philosophy and manufacturing processes.
Consequently, I truly believe that the only available single focus attachment which is capable of unleashing the performance of this remarkable optic is the one you see here.

MagieNoire.jpghttp:

The introductory offer for batch 1 Rectilux 3FF-W will close on February 10 2015. If you want a Rectilux 3FF-W quickly, don't forget the bus will leave on this date.

Ok, I'll admit, I'm drooling over the Bolex Body Gloves...  est price for the non-gold version?

And will the big one work on a Cinelux with the front flaps?

​Hi Oz, 

The firm introductory prices are found in this download brochure ​:

http://www.transferconvert.co.uk/cinemania/Rectilux3FFBrochureV2.pdf

Bolex body glove prices are the same. The Bolex body glove is proving to be very popular.

The hooded Cinelux would need to be modded to remove the hood and for reasons stated in the Schneider brochure above, I am advising my customers to swap out to the ES version as the cost would be less and you end up with a much better optic which has extra 15% FOV, and they are happy to do this.

Its all about getting close to the focusing optics, which all my products do as standard, to completely avoid issues like ghosts and internal reflections in contra lighting conditions.

More news from Rectilux...

The Carl Zeiss Rathenower 48/2x will be added to the list of 3FF-W supported scopes in the spring, bringing the total of precision support for scopes to 8 including all the minor variations.

More details to come

4 DAYS TO GO!

The lightweight 3FF series truly are weapons oFMass destruction.

5 DAYS TO GO!

The lightweight 3FF series truly are weapons oFMass destruction.

Rectilux3FFBrochureFEB10.jpg

Hi John.

Please now limit the bumping of this thread until you have some photos of physical finished items as well as test material showing the finished units in action.  3d renders don't need to be recycled any more now.  We all know what they look like.  we now need to see the sustenance from the actual units for sale here.  

Hi John.

Please now limit the bumping of this thread until you have some photos of physical finished items as well as test material showing the finished units in action.  3d renders don't need to be recycled any more now.  We all know what they look like.  we now need to see the sustenance from the actual units for sale here.  

​looks like my friend John is addicted to the bumping, see what Andrew Reid wrote a while a go he has been warned several times.

Schermata 2015-02-06 alle 20.46.13.png

• Administrators

So bumping isn't needed I am going to pin both the FM and Rectilux threads.

Let's try and coexist and not fight. Virtues of product have to win here and people need to be sensibly informed.

Cosimo please do keep us up-to-date with the FM in the sticky! And you're welcome to do the same here John.

PS - My FM demo unit arrived and just about to get stuck in. Looks well built!

John, this all looks very interesting & I assume you don't need to modify your original anamorphics, which would be a complete deal breaker for me.

The options for the Kowa for B&H & the Iscomorphot 8/x2 (Animex) really could knock the Iscorama out of pole position.

Good Luck & hope to see some examples soon!

Yes, looks very interesting (I own a Möller 32 which is one of the most underrated adapters). But for my Möller 8/19 would not make sense in my eyes because I sacrifice a lot of the usability: Adds a lot of weigth so you need lenssupport. BTW the focussing (even rack) with the Möller is a piece of cake. I think Iscorama will remain king just because of usabiltiy (run and gun) unless you did not disfigured it with the vandiemen 'mod'.

Yes, looks very interesting (I own a Möller 32 which is one of the most underrated adapters). 

​I have never considered a Moller 32 to be an underrated adapter, I think all Moller scopes are excellent. 
Do you remember I helped you solve your filter problem you had with your 32 Rudolf? 
How is that working out for you?

But for my Möller 8/19 would not make sense in my eyes because I sacrifice a lot of the usability: Adds a lot of weigth so you need lenssupport. .

​Rudolf, I think you are in the wrong thread, 3FF-S is not heavy, requires no rails, no sticks and no sidewalk permit and you can swap out the 32 to the 8/19 in less than a minute using the quick change system

BTW the focussing (even rack) with the Möller is a piece of cake. 

​Please show me how you rack focus with the double focus Moller Rudolf. I like to learn new tricks. 

Rudolf, earlier you spoke about interesting footage, can you please share your Vimeo or You Tube account so I can see some examples of what you mean?

John, this all looks very interesting & I assume you don't need to modify your original anamorphics, which would be a complete deal breaker for me.

​Yes Stu, 
Form, fit and function from design through to final product. 
There is no need to remove the focus ring from your anamorphic lens, and besides,  it is imperative that this is not done, for how else can the minute adjustments be made for precise infinity focus? You will see from the brochure that Rectilux 3FF series also feature infinity adjustment screws because every designer would know that some scope/ taking lens combinations can experience changes to the back focus during close focusing. In short Rectilux can be tuned to your favourite lenses.
Without the anamorphic focus ring, this function goes out the window.

The options for the Kowa for B&H & the Iscomorphot 8/x2 (Animex) really could knock the Iscorama out of pole position.

​My focus is on Rectilux, Stu, what happens to other products is not my concern.

Good Luck & hope to see some examples soon!

​Thanks and you will, birds in flight :)

John, this sounds absolutely fantastic! To have the opportunity to change the lenses is great. It gave me a headache and I was thinking if the 3FF-S would suit my needs...

Also I was convinced I had to buy one Rectilux for one or the other.

The fact that it is lightweigt and you don't need all the support is just stunning. I love the image of the Möllers so much. I don't know any low budget/projection anamorphic that comes close in character (beside Lomos with its quirks). Therefore 3FF-S would make the Möller 32 more usable as focusing is a pain due to long throw.  I am slightly concerned if the image is affected though. Otherwise I just can say now I am sold.

I am impressed you still recall helping me (I think we are both not so young blokes any more ;)) And I hope I said thank you! Cause you solved my problem. Again thank you very much (also for sharing your knowledge several other times).

I cannot remember mentioning interestring footage... at least not from me. I am not a filmaker/lenstester. Anyway here is a clip I made with the Möller 8/15 and there are a few focuspulls. I was not very experienced at that time. So now it works better. You just have to use a taking lens which focuses the 'right' way (non-Nikon) and grab both the Möller and the takting lens. It is that easy. However with 3FF-S things can be used in a more serious way I think. As I mentioned I am sold - just have to sort that out with the finance minister (my wife)