Introducing Rectilux FF Single Focus Adapters (Rectilux 5FF, Rectilux 7FF & Rectilux 9FF Announced)

JohnBarlow

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/cinemania

We are pleased to announce that we have teamed up with Shapeways who will produce custom accessories based on our designs for our complete range of Rectilux CinemaScope Follow Focus Adapters and Lenses. More about these exciting products can be found at the website http://www.transferconvert.co.uk/cinemania/cinemascope.html

• 5 weeks later...
EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

More news from Rectilux...

The lightweight model 3FF-W and ultralight model 3FF-S both feature a quick change anamorphic lens system. Rectilux has been designed for easy swap out of base anamorphic engines to allow different looks and flares as part of your shooting aesthetic, 

Ten scopes are supported from the get go and more are planned.

It literally takes less than one minute to swap out anamorphic lenses.

Each Rectilux 3FF will include all coupling rings and clamps for your chosen base anamorphic engine, with extra ones for different scopes available seperately.

Of interest, is the 3FF-S model for the ISCO Animex/S8 which will include an infinity modification kit for seamless integation with the 3FF-S system.

The current range below

3FFS16S.jpg

3FFSAMX.jpg

3FFS16C.jpg

3FFSM32.jpg

3FFWESC.jpg

3FFWH16.jpg

3FFWUST.jpg

3FFWVDO.jpg

3FFWKBH.jpg

3FFW16D.jpg

"Support for 4k resolution" ----what is the point?  which lens does not support?  

actually very few lenses support true 4k when wide open.  I assume the reason this is mentioned is that the optics have been designed to be good enough to support such resolutions if both the taking lens, anamorphic and camera can also do so.  

New design looks good John.

What about availability and pricing?

Cheers

Hi Andrew, Richard,
Thank you for your kind words,

Rectilux 3FF pricing can be found at the website and also in the download brochure.

Rectilux 3FF ordering information is also available for download at the website using a procedure which should be familiar to you. Ordering is already in place with several orders confirmed for Kowa BH/16H/8Z and ES Cinelux and others.

There is also a white paper explaining how these focus units work and also some guidance on what benefits should be considered before making a purchase.

Recently, I needed to explain the name and rather than drag your readers away from this forum, I can reproduce my reply here.

Rectilux comes from the Latin:
Recti = straight
Lux = light,

in other words Rectilux means the light passes straight through, no effect on footage. Rectilux has neutral optical transfer function (see wiki - optical transfer function) which is a tech way of saying no effect on footage.

The following are test shots purposefully taken to show the exceptional performance of the focusing optics by mimicking a 4K to 1080p workflow from 16mp stills and are best viewed full size on a 1080p monitor.

See this shot below taken at F1.8/50mm 1/50s, (check EXIF) the left part tells you nothing about the focusing optics because it is all bokeh blur, however the right part tells you everything - it is very detailed and no CA, over by the bookshelves which are about 20m away
@https://www.flickr.com/photos/125986580@N05/14892655303/sizes/o/ 

below I have a stealth shot of a Rembrandt at the art gallery, worth a few million, when the security guards were not looking, Rectilux is light & small, goes unnoticed. Shot up close, handheld, less than 1 metre at a slight angle F1.8/50mm 1/50s, (check EXIF) see the corner performance, the detail in the bubble at 1:1 pixels
@https://www.flickr.com/photos/125986580@N05/16042907897/sizes/o/ 

below I have a mid range outside shot with a zoom about 80mm F5.6 1/50s with 3xND filter, check performance across the frame
@https://www.flickr.com/photos/125986580@N05/14686111660/sizes/o/

below I have a far range shot with a zoom about 150mm F5.6 1/50s with 3xND filter, check performance across the frame
@https://www.flickr.com/photos/125986580@N05/14849888436/sizes/o/ 
more links to performance tests at the web site. 

I mainly use footage to show the breathing and mechanical focusing performance and effect on flares, the first few seconds of this one below show me pulling focus into the bottom left corner close-up focusing is where the stroke and throw is biggest of course,
@https://vimeo.com/108008419

there are some quick focus pulls in this one, and you can assess breathing
@https://vimeo.com/107346885 

and slow pulls in this clip comparing mumps with a v-lite
@https://vimeo.com/105439595

All my tests are concentrated on the focus unit you are buying,  not on the anamorphic which you already own.

Rectilux system is expanding, I will be adding Bolex 8 & 16  1.5x quick change support soon and more later.
All Rectilux are single wavelength coated optics with a non-coated option by special request.
Rectilux complies with the standard legal 14 day money back after delivery regulation.

color me interested.

any support for the Bolex 16/32?

Hi ​Kado, 
Your timing couldnt be better. Please find below the Body Glove solutions for the Bolex 8/19 and Bolex 16/32 anamorphics, for Rectilux 3FF-S and Rectilux 3FF-W.
The images show front and reverse views of the 2 ring coupling solution, the front ring screws into the Bolex filter thread and has an external thread that enables the Bolex to be screwed inside Rectilux, closely mating with the optics and ensuring high centricity with the optical axis. Then the second ring slips over the back of the Bolex and is clamped by the Rectilux, providing a totally enclosed Body Glove. Rear filter size is 49mm in each version.

Now you can stretch your imagination 3/2x !

bolex8.BODY%20GLOVE.png

bolex16.BODY%20GLOVE.png

@ Mr Barlow

I just want remind you that months ago you closed my FM discount thread because you thought I was an agent for these goods, when really all I was doing was trying to push prices down. It seem to me that you are here just  to push your products. Aren't you? Your only interest in this forum and not just here is SELLING YOUR GOODS. Am I right? You don't take part in any of the other posts, what's the use of having you here, can you explaining to me please cos I don't  quite understand it.

You wrote:

I am looking at this thread in the light of the Forum rules on Selling. It would appear that you are setting yourself up as an agent for these goods, and I feel obliged to remind you about the Forum rules on Selling detailed below:

PROVE THEY HAVE THE GOODS

Request to see photos of the items being sold with their EOSHD username displayed alongside it, preferably in handwriting on piece of paper so it cannot be faked.

COMMUNICATE

- Check their forum posting history, see if they are new. If they have a genuine history of posts and contributions to the forum, the seller is more likely to be genuine.
- If possible speak with the seller by telephone
- Until a deal has been closed, converse with the seller openly on the forum

ASK FOR ID

Get a real name, address and ID
- If they refuse full details on privacy grounds, ask to continue the deal and all private comms via eBay instead of the forum

USE SAFE PAYMENT METHOD

- DO NOT use Western Union or wire transfers
- PayPal is preferable over bank transfers
- Ask if they accept cash on collection

SELLERS

Sellers should provide a price in the main topic
- Sellers should provide a link to their feedback on eBay and be contactable via their eBay account
- Topics that don't meet these rules may be at risk of being deleted

DISCLAIMER
EOSHD is not responsible for buying and selling on the forums, deal at your own risk and buyer beware

In addition to these rules I will also remind you about international regulations governing Rules of origin for imported and exported goods:

other countrys have equivalent legislation, designed to prevent under the counter trading in goods.

I dont make the rules here, Andrew Reid does. 

If you feel that you are a special case, then you should seek relaxation of the rules from Andrew Reid personally and display any concession granted here. Else you run the risk of having this thread purged.
You like this  Unlike this

And again you wrote:

The forum rules apply to everyone, myself included

Once again, caveat emptor applies, you don't need to be reminded of this, maybe.

Andrew Reid understood what was going on and reopened the thread again writing this to you:

I'm afraid I agree with my readers on this John. What seems to be going on here isn't really fair. The selling "rules" are not a set of laws to be enforced by mods, they're meant as a general guideline to staying safe and as a disclaimer. Also your bad relationship with some of the other mods isn't sustainable. I'm afraid from now on you will no longer have moderator rights on the forum John. Sorry.

I am sure you can appreciate my position here. I feel you are abusing your power as a moderator to sell your stuff and censor competitors and this is just not acceptable. Way too many complaints for you to stay as a mod.

Just to remind you Mr Barlow

Best 

Cosimo

You, nahuavalid and 2 others like this  Unlike this

Hi ​Kado, Your timing couldnt be better. Please find below the Body Glove solutions for the Bolex 8/19 and Bolex 16/32 anamorphics, for Rectilux 3FF-S and Rectilux 3FF-W.
The images show front and reverse views of the 2 ring coupling solution, the front ring screws into the Bolex filter thread and has an external thread that enables the Bolex to be screwed inside Rectilux, closely mating with the optics and ensuring high centricity with the optical axis. Then the second ring slips over the back of the Bolex and is clamped by the Rectilux, providing a totally enclosed Body Glove. Rear filter size is 49mm in each version.

Now you can stretch your imagination 3/2x !

bolex8.BODY%20GLOVE.png

bolex16.BODY%20GLOVE.png

​oh Kado,

Forgot to mention that the images show the Body Gloves in raw aluminium. They will of course be anodized black in keeping with the Rectilux colour scheme. 
I have also given a nod to the original Kern Paillard Swiss design by including the distinguishing chamfer feature on the back ring, just so people will know what you have under the hood. ;)

I will also take this opportunity of thanking the many people from around the world who took time to provide me with accurate measurement data for the Bolexs. You all know who you are and I must say thank you once again. There were a few who took the trouble to purchase a measurement calliper to do this and I have to say that I am most impressed.