Introducing Rectilux FF Single Focus Adapters (Rectilux 5FF, Rectilux 7FF & Rectilux 9FF Announced)

JohnBarlow

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Come on guys.  Lets leave it there.  

I understand there was sourness towards Cosimo's group buy topic (and as such John Barlow lost his administrator rights).  So I understand Cosimo's reasons here.  

I am also happy to see developments of the Rectilux concept from John - I'll freely admit I gave him a hard time about his methods and conduct, but primarily about bold claims I was questioning.  Now it would seem John is taking a quieter approach with only occasional updates of this topic.  To be fair, I am not seeing hard selling but just occasional info about developments.  I am also seeing a product that if it comes to light in a tangible way ( I hope it does), will be something that will benefit a lot of users here.  

Personally I feel it might be wise to close this topic down, and have John decant the most important information into a new topic where potential customers can direct their queries and productivity can be rekindled on the subject.   Does this sound logical?

**I'd also like to point out that as a potential customer myself, I will be awaiting images and tests (ideally third party) or finished articles before any money leaves my account.  I urge everyone to take care and factor this in before jumping on board without seeing tangible products or an expected availability date of items that appear largely at the concept stage of development. **

Come on guys.  Lets leave it there.  

I understand there was sourness towards Cosimo's group buy topic (and as such John Barlow lost his administrator rights).  So I understand Cosimo's reasons here.  

I am also happy to see developments of the Rectilux concept from John - I'll freely admit I gave him a hard time about his methods and conduct, but primarily about bold claims I was questioning.  Now it would seem John is taking a quieter approach with only occasional updates of this topic.  To be fair, I am not seeing hard selling but just occasional info about developments.  I am also seeing a product that if it comes to light in a tangible way ( I hope it does), will be something that will benefit a lot of users here.  

Personally I feel it might be wise to close this topic down, and have John decant the most important information into a new topic where potential customers can direct their queries and productivity can be rekindled on the subject.   Does this sound logical?

**I'd also like to point out that as a potential customer myself, I will be awaiting images and tests (ideally third party) or finished articles before any money leaves my account.  I urge everyone to take care and factor this in before jumping on board without seeing tangible products or an expected availability date of items that appear largely at the concept stage of development. **

​My preference is to keep this thread going as it is a true reflection and historical document of the mature product development life cycle of Rectilux.

My content matches with the same identical threads on other forums.
There is no need for fragmentation. One thread says it all

Regarding anti trust issues alluded to , the ordering process has a clear statement on this as follows:

" Order with Confidence
I am devoted to excellence in customer service. At all times, customers are dealing with a real person with a real address, you can check where I am based and I even provide you with a Google map to help you locate me, on the website. I also hold security clearance for the UK Ministry of Defence and have been trusted with sensitive information by British and American defence agencies.

I am perfectly happy for you to do your own checks, through land registry, electoral register and also credit checks and the law.

On personal request, I can provide a bank reference from my business bank manager.

When you order a Rectilux you will get a Rectilux as described and that is guaranteed.

John Barlow, January 2015"

​Rich this would be the most wise behavior, like it was done with my thread, members can direct queries to the new thread like I did in the FM lounge, without the need to talk about prices and availability. And for once I would love to see members interact and asking question about his topic and not just a one band man. All the past historical documents as he calls them remain there, so members can still read and get infos from there. it sounds logical!!! Thanks,much appreciated!!!!

​" Order with Confidence

I am devoted to excellence in customer service. At all times, customers are dealing with a real person with a real address, you can check where I am based and I even provide you with a Google map to help you locate me, on the website. I also hold security clearance for the UK Ministry of Defence and have been trusted with sensitive information by British and American defence agencies.

I am perfectly happy for you to do your own checks, through land registry, electoral register and also credit checks and the law.

On personal request, I can provide a bank reference from my business bank manager.

When you order a Rectilux you will get a Rectilux as described and that is guaranteed.

John Barlow, January 2015"

​I would remove the part about sensitive goverment intel and the google maps thing. It's sort of a "excusatio non petita, accusatio manifesta". A serious business offers its adress, the name, and offers payment through visa and/or paypal which covers fraud intents. Something you already do.

​I would remove the part about sensitive goverment intel and the google maps thing. It's sort of a "excusatio non petita, accusatio manifesta". A serious business offers its adress, the name, and offers payment through visa and/or paypal which covers fraud intents. Something you already do.

excusatio non petita, accusation manifesta  who excuses himself, accuses himself   a freudian slip maybe, Oops!

​Bruno, 
"honi soit qui mal y pense"
is the motto under the two lion crest of the UK MOD.
It is perfectly normal to be asked about security clearance in professional circles.
Business discussions at the website please, as I have stated in my first post in this thread. 
I will quickly add here,  that I have two systems in place for card payments

It is also a legal requirement in distance selling to provide an address. I fully comply with the law.

If John delivers on all promises (which I genuinely hope he does) - I'll be willing to buy...and that is coming from a happy FM lens owner.

I don't want to be forced into that blue or gold anodized finish though...looks too much like a sex toy with those knobbly bits (not that I would know).

Combined with a name that sounds like 'Rectum Lumps' you start to see my (admittedly shallow) judgment on products that are announced and hyped early on, yet not fully proven and tested. 

If the Rectilux deliver good on full frame, and if they perform well in the promised iscorama comparison test ...sign me up.

indeed.  The new concept art looks good and I see a lot of carefully thought out details in the cg drawings.  I agree, ditch those knobbly bits on the focus ring. go black anodised.  You'll be kicking yourself when you try to source a manufacturer who can offer those colours in a process that is durable.  Also, give us loads of area for a nice deep focus gear - assuming these units are gonna extend more than an iscorama during focusing we're gonna need at least 20mm or more of flat surface to attach a gear ring.  The initial test footage of the working prototype shared many moons ago doesn;t really ignite much enthusiasm for me either, So I'm basing my interest solely on concept art and performance claims for now.

We need to see proper video tests with people in shot (Eyes in focus).  showing an 85mm on full frame.  85mm f1.4, f2or at the very least f2.8,  shallow dof, smooth locked down focus pulls, a chart test, and ultimately the Iscorama comparison we've all been waiting for.  Tests are gonna need to be shot on something current, like anA7S or hacked 5dmk3 which allows us to see the capabilities without camera limitations playing a big part in the quality.  

Obviously the above criteria is rather challenging, but will serve to illustrate what is being offered.  I'm not put off by a lens that doesnt deliver on a chart test if it allows me other qualities, but a chart test is very good for showing how a lens will perform over its intended imaging area.  Same with  full frame capability.  it might not offer stellar results to the edges, but we'll see just what it can do.

If John delivers on all promises (which I genuinely hope he does) - I'll be willing to buy...and that is coming from a happy FM lens owner.

I don't want to be forced into that blue or gold anodized finish though...looks too much like a sex toy with those knobbly bits (not that I would know).

Combined with a name that sounds like 'Rectum Lumps' you start to see my (admittedly shallow) judgment on products that are announced and hyped early on, yet not fully proven and tested. 

If the Rectilux deliver good on full frame, and if they perform well in the promised iscorama comparison test ...sign me up.

Id like to see some pictures of the unit that aren't CG and some footage that isn't oppressively boring.  At least these new models are competitively priced.

indeed.  The new concept art looks good and I see a lot of carefully thought out details in the cg drawings.  I agree, ditch those knobbly bits on the focus ring. go black anodised.  You'll be kicking yourself when you try to source a manufacturer who can offer those colours in a process that is durable.  Also, give us loads of area for a nice deep focus gear - assuming these units are gonna extend more than an iscorama during focusing we're gonna need at least 20mm or more of flat surface to attach a gear ring.  The initial test footage of the working prototype shared many moons ago doesn;t really ignite much enthusiasm for me either, So I'm basing my interest solely on concept art and performance claims for now.

We need to see proper video tests with people in shot (Eyes in focus).  showing an 85mm on full frame.  85mm f1.4, f2or at the very least f2.8,  shallow dof, smooth locked down focus pulls, a chart test, and ultimately the Iscorama comparison we've all been waiting for.  Tests are gonna need to be shot on something current, like anA7S or hacked 5dmk3 which allows us to see the capabilities without camera limitations playing a big part in the quality.  

Obviously the above criteria is rather challenging, but will serve to illustrate what is being offered.  I'm not put off by a lens that doesnt deliver on a chart test if it allows me other qualities, but a chart test is very good for showing how a lens will perform over its intended imaging area.  Same with  full frame capability.  it might not offer stellar results to the edges, but we'll see just what it can do.

​​Hi, mine is ordered in Black (that's just the computer model display). Actuall view of the real product is not available because we, first buyers, are in the first batch and this will start to be buiIt after 25 persons ordered (one bus). But for being in the ordering list is just 50 GBP then 1/2 of the total payment when production will actually start and the rest just before shipping when product is fully built and available. This is to most of us a little strange way to proceed and I think that John's communication is not tangible enough your absolutly right; most people would need to see actual product and actual footage and tests before putting so much money. But anyway I decided to trust and go on with this one as it's seems a more accomplished product than FM lens, especially for non Schneider cinelux users. As per the name and look, you guys have strange thoughts...

By the way "Rectilux on 3FFW, 25mm stroke 0.6 to INF" according to John. And, correct me if I'm wrong John, but the moving part is only the top part, not the middle one so putting gear shouldn't be a problem at all.

cheers. Vincent.

cinelux3FFW.137(1).png

More news from Rectilux…

The pre-production check with the CAD files is now complete, and passed with flying colours.

The agency images that I have been displaying are from the solid model CAD files which have been sent to the precision engineers and converted to machine specific instructions.

In modern CNC systems, end-to-end component design is highly automated using computer-aided design (CAD) and computer-aided manufacturing (CAM) programs. The programs produce a computer file that is interpreted to extract the commands needed to operate a particular machine via a post processor, and then loaded into the CNC machines for production.

Read more about CNC here

To demonstrate this I have uploaded the focus ring from a Rectilux 3FF-S to Shapeways and this also passed all their checks. It is available for sale in solid 18 karat gold.

If you want to buy it now go here

Of course this will make the ultra-light Rectilux 3FF-S rather heavy and expensive, so only rich kids will be tempted I suppose. Together with the Bolex Body Glove coupling rings for the Bolex 8/19/1.5x, this agency image is how it will look

GOLD1.jpg

Rectilux 3FF series can also be used to focus spherical projection lenses as well as anamorphic projection lenses.

There are now 13 different anamorphic lenses supported by the Rectilux 3FF series quick change system, making it the most versatile precision shooting instrument available today, appealing to a wide market and thus securing its resale value.

The Rectilux 3FF series quick change system, offers less than a one minute swap out in the field for aesthetic reasons such as looks and flares. For example with the 3FF-W model, a shooter can catch the sunrise with a Bolex 16/32, then during the day use a Schneider ES Cinelux (the wide version), then golden hour and indoor shooting with a Kowa BH which has the widest FOV of all projection anamorphics, then sunset and night time in bars and cafes with the Chretien HyperGonar 16.

Several customers have requested all black and so here is the En Noir range.

BLACK1.jpg

BLACK2.jpg

BLACK3.jpg

BLACK4.jpg

BLACK5.jpg

BLACK6.jpg

BLACK7.jpg

BLACK8.jpg

BLACK9.jpg

BLACK10.jpg

BLACK11.jpg

BLACK12.jpg

BLACK13.jpg

Hello John

Been following this thread for some time looks really exciting hope you pull it off.

One point for what its worth its actually incredibly confusing what your product is, both here and on your website.

I know a reasonable amount about anamorphic adapters and own or have owned most of the key ones. But I am not 100 percent sure what this exactly is.

a simple sketch/ image of how  this  would all connect to a camera to shoot would help enormously.

sorry No dont see any sketch in your pdf?

i wasn't actually asking for an explanation how rectilux works, i kind of guess what it is,  was  just trying to offer some friendly advice.

As of now looking at the links to websites and multiple posts its very confused and wordy. 

good luck anyways