Jump to content

SONY FX3 new camera to be announced


Trankilstef
 Share

Recommended Posts

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I undesrtand now why the Sony a7sIII doesn't feature 4K DCI, shutter angle, Synchro Scan, and all the bells and whistles of real cine cameras. I just bought a Sony a7sIII two days ago. I feel like this could interest me even more if it's kind of the Sony version of the c70...
I'm  genuinely excited to know more about this camera.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Holy. Moly. 

Honestly, it's ABOUT FRIGGIN TIME one of these companies took mirrorless form factor videos 100% seriously. The Sigma FP was the closest, but obviously had a lot of issues. C70 was close, but still big for a small b-cam/gimbal cam. S1H was close, but still a hybrid. A7sIII, same - has video limitations.

This could be the all-in video mirrorless though. But that will depend on a few things: does it have timecode, some audio solutions, shutter angle, and (most importantly) INTERNAL electronic ND FILTER!!! That last one is the kicker.

I've always bashed Sony for their colors and thin IQ, but the FX9 and FX6 definitely seem to be going in the right direction, so one of those cameras plus this as a b-cam could be a killer combo.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Photo seems a little suspect. If this is in their cinema lineup... why does it have a shutter button? If anything, that should be where the record button goes. Also why is there a joystick on the top of the camera? It seems like the worst place for it.

Idk, it may be accurate and I am intrigued but it seems like this may be more of a hybrid than a full on cinema camera. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I believe you can set the shutter button to start and stop video recording on Sony cameras, perhaps not the early ones but pretty sure it's possible on the latest ones.

Wonder if the front dial (which is missing on the A7C) and the joystick being on the top finally means we get a great rear screen. Even more important with no viewfinder.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, mercer said:

Photo seems a little suspect. If this is in their cinema lineup... why does it have a shutter button? If anything, that should be where the record button goes. Also why is there a joystick on the top of the camera? It seems like the worst place for it.

Idk, it may be accurate and I am intrigued but it seems like this may be more of a hybrid than a full on cinema camera. 

I think it'll be a hybrid in the way that a Sigma Fp is. As Grumble says:

2 hours ago, Grumble said:

I believe you can set the shutter button to start and stop video recording on Sony cameras, perhaps not the early ones but pretty sure it's possible on the latest ones.

Wonder if the front dial (which is missing on the A7C) and the joystick being on the top finally means we get a great rear screen. Even more important with no viewfinder.

I think this is exactly right. Shutter button functions as video record and picture taking depending on what mode you're in. And the joystick being on top does make sense if the rear is basically all screen (like the Fp), except the Fp has no joystick.

Thankfully other companies are following in the footsteps of Blackmagic, who came out with the first camera like this in like 2013 or 2014 (BMPCC original). And remember even the BMPCC4K and 6K can take photos - with the 6K you get decent 18MP photos.

Hopefully that hot shoe can take an accessory EVF.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Video Hummus said:

What camera is this?

 

Screen Shot 2021-02-09 at 7.28.30 PM.png

Sony Venice

What your arrow is pointing at is the lens mount essentially. You can remove the lens mount block from the Venice, keep it tethered to the camera via a cable, and place it elsewhere so it can fit where the whole camera cannot. Like in say an airplane cockpit facing the pilot or a race car facing the driver.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, pixelpreaching said:

Sony Venice

What your arrow is pointing at is the lens mount essentially. You can remove the lens mount block from the Venice, keep it tethered to the camera via a cable, and place it elsewhere so it can fit where the whole camera cannot. Like in say an airplane cockpit facing the pilot or a race car facing the driver.

Ok, I found an image on Sony's website. Doesn't look quite the same to me. You're probably right though.

 

Screen Shot 2021-02-10 at 10.08.21 PM.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I agree that photo is almost certainly a VENICE, just seems a teeny bit odd the cable coming out the side?

This month I'll be starting on a 13 week tv series shooting with three VENICE. 

Hope this FX3 is basically a stripped down FX6 in a S1H body, but with an eND and a lower price. (can still use the smart shoe for audio)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The sensor seems to be coming from the a1 or at least this is a similar, 16:9 version of it, so the price could be quite high? Would the ventilator allow it to process 8K with a single BionzX processor to keep the cost down? Will the drone specs be revealed along-side? Will it have e-ND, IBIS and no mechanical shutter? Where does this leave the a7S line successor (in the dust?)?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MrSMW said:

I’ll take 2 please.

Seems to me like Sony are now getting more things right then anyone else.

Yup right! When I saw this review, my first reaction was : "i'm so glad I came back to Sony" 😅

Seriously i'm in the process of getting the right lenses for my a7sIII right now, and to see this rumor is kind of exciting to say the least ! An FX6 in a mirrorless body with all the bells and whistles of a dedicated cinema camera. Yummy! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...