COVID19 Kibosh

fuzzynormal

Just got an email from a client that told me their event is canceled to avoid potential virus spreading.  A lucrative booked gig is now off my calendar.

So...what are your biz'ness horror stories about this novel virus to share?  Especially in the USA?  

My guess is that we're a few days away from reported cases going bananas in this country.  So, new numbers combined with bungling government response that causes unnecessary chaos --and then somewhat back to normal (the "new normal") a few months down the line, hopefully.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I posted in the other thread but I'll expand. 

Manager at a Movie theater in Cape Cod, looks like we will close if the schools do, past two weeks I will not be receiving any income from them. So many previously schedule events have been cancelled and attendance is less than half what it was last year. 

Have two documentaries that were supposed to be this season, both are on hold.

Thankfully I have health insurance through my wife and she works from home. I'm looking at this break for editing time for old passion projects and getting things done around the house. Also probably will do dryall work on the side if that is still in demand. 

I just had an event I was going to film next week postponed. It's small potatoes for a nonprofit I support, so no big deal. The nonprofit I work for at my day job just had to postpone a major two-day conference at the local university next month.  It's going to be an interesting spring (but not for those who get ill, of course).

We exited from a gig (some demim Ad), where many members of the team and  our clients were frequent flyers, who do a lot of foreign travel. All international airports seem to be at risk, to be honest, and maybe even domestic ones. As are cabs, malls, hyper markets, tubes/subways/metros etc.

It may be a good time to stay indoors and away from everyone, for atleast a month. Also the majority of masks available globally, seem to be made in China, around the time the epidemic was building up. Not sure how safe it is to wear contaminated masks, unless one were to disinfect these masks first. 

I lost a well-paying gig that required travelling within the region (Southeast Asia) as early as late January/early February as the virus situation had already started developing in Asia by then. But there've been other smaller local jobs coming in that have at least covered 1/3 of what I lost.

NBA, NAB, whats next???

no seriously whats next.

i heard that 200 ppl died today in Italy??? what tha heck guys!!! 

where are things gonna be in a month? wtf is going on here?!?

my prayers are definitely with yall..... be safe everyone!!! 💙💚💜🧡❤️

Well, I had actually written it "wise", up there, despite the political motivations I found later when followed his statement. The guy doesn't miss a single chance... ; -)

I think the COVID19 death rates in Italy much higher than China, as for instance, they're no less mind-boggling by virus standards as well. This is a severe threat for the whole humankind. Let alone Economics and respective standards...