Panasonic S1H review / hands-on - a true 6K full frame cinema camera

Andrew Reid

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Personally I felt like this review was overhiped. It goes only about strong points of this camera. I think you defenitly should wait for Sony A7S3 before passing the judjment that there is no competition for Panasonic in this area. It is. A7S3 is the competitor. Lets wait for it and see who wins. Besides flawless AF and probably some new tech sensor, Sony has one key advantage - its lenses. Oh those sweet Tamron zooms.. 

This camera looks fucking badass. That being said, as someone who doesn't need anamorphic, unlimited recording, or 6K, I'm not sure if it's worth 2x the price of the S1 to me. Depends on the DR/low-light tests. And even though I hate Sony color, so many clients are asking for Sony these days that I have to wait to see what the A7S3 offers. Should be out in September if not tomorrow.

6 minutes ago, Amazeballs said:

Personally I felt like this review was overhiped. It goes only about strong points of this camera. I think you defenitly should wait for Sony A7S3 before passing the judjment that there is no competition for Panasonic in this area. It is. A7S3 is the competitor. Lets wait for it and see who wins. Besides flawless AF and probably some new tech sensor, Sony has one key advantage - its lenses. Oh those sweet Tamron zooms.. 

A camera that hasn't been announced, has no specs, etc. isn't a competitor. You need to actually exist in order to compete. When the A7Siii does exist then it'll factor into the conversation. 

The rolling shutter means 4k full frame isn't that useful unfortunately. And AF is still disappointing. My wait for the perfect camera continues. A stacked sensor A7Siii and the new XEVC Sony codec is more promising than this imo. The review is a bit overhyped. Sony apparently have a new a7 camera announcement next month. They definitely have it within themselves to top this 

• Administrators
11 minutes ago, Salalah said:

The review is a bit overhyped.

36 minutes ago, Amazeballs said:

Personally I felt like this review was overhiped.

Both Chinese Sony internet information war bots are reading from the same script today.

Even the spelling is authentically human.