Jump to content
Andrew Reid

I WILL be getting a Fuji X-T3!

Recommended Posts

EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Have y'all seen this?

"As you know, Fujifilm has announced that by then end of 2018, there will be a firmware update for Fujifilm X-T3, that will add support for video recording in the Hybrid Log Gamma (HLG) and also give the X-T3 the ability to simultaneously output Film Simulation video and F-log footage."

https://www.fujirumors.com/fujifilm-x-t3-new-firmware-will-add-exfat-file-system-support-eliminating-4gb-file-size-limit/

I knew about there being an upcoming update for exFAT but the simultaneous recording is news to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Thomas Hill said:

Have y'all seen this?

"As you know, Fujifilm has announced that by then end of 2018, there will be a firmware update for Fujifilm X-T3, that will add support for video recording in the Hybrid Log Gamma (HLG) and also give the X-T3 the ability to simultaneously output Film Simulation video and F-log footage."

https://www.fujirumors.com/fujifilm-x-t3-new-firmware-will-add-exfat-file-system-support-eliminating-4gb-file-size-limit/

I knew about there being an upcoming update for exFAT but the simultaneous recording is news to me.

TBH the exFAT file larger than 4GB should be available at launch. I hope AF especially AF-C/Face detection are being worked on as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jimmy said:

Hopefully they work on focus tracking... that's the last piece of the puzzle really

Not yet there? I see it as the most significant difference to tap to focus as for instance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Emanuel said:

Not yet there? I see it as the most significant difference to tap to focus as for instance.

From what I've read... you can do tap focus on an object, but it will not then track that object

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Ingerson said:

Banding test. HEVC 10-bit vs H264 8-bit. 4k and 1080p. Eterna vs F-log. All at 200mbps.

Just used levels and pulled mids all the way down. Same settings on all clips. Uncompressed TIFFs.


https://www.dropbox.com/sh/yhu4rqvum10zvpa/AABiaNuKfXRf33LKLvi7epAja?dl=0

That would be a pretty tough test on Any camera. Actually not too bad. Desirable well no, but common, yes...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tried the X-T3 at photokina. 

Not impressed.
Recorded some footage on my SD card in the new 400mbps intraframe codec. Turned noise reduction, sharpening as well as inter frame noise reduction completely off.
In both Astia and F-log faces and even textiles look like a paintbrush was applied. Faces look horrible and lifeless and waxy as well.

Both my GH5 and A7III looked way better and more natural in comparison...
Well, will wait for the BM Pocket 4K then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, deezid said:

Tried the X-T3 at photokina. 

Not impressed.
Recorded some footage on my SD card in the new 400mbps intraframe codec. Turned noise reduction, sharpening as well as inter frame noise reduction completely off.
In both Astia and F-log faces and even textiles look like a paintbrush was applied. Faces look horrible and lifeless and waxy as well.

Both my GH5 and A7III looked way better and more natural in comparison...
Well, will wait for the BM Pocket 4K then.

As discussed before, HEVC smoothing filters SAO and SIS contributed to that waxiness.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, androidlad said:

As discussed before, HEVC smoothing filters SAO and SIS contributed to that waxiness.

Could you in theory compare it to 200Mbps 8bit H.264 to see if it really makes a difference? I mean, does the H.264 recorded by the X-T3 have similar smoothing filters?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, deezid said:

Tried the X-T3 at photokina. 

Not impressed.
Recorded some footage on my SD card in the new 400mbps intraframe codec. Turned noise reduction, sharpening as well as inter frame noise reduction completely off.
In both Astia and F-log faces and even textiles look like a paintbrush was applied. Faces look horrible and lifeless and waxy as well.

Both my GH5 and A7III looked way better and more natural in comparison...
Well, will wait for the BM Pocket 4K then.

Can you share any samples?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, deezid said:

Tried the X-T3 at photokina. 

Not impressed.
Recorded some footage on my SD card in the new 400mbps intraframe codec. Turned noise reduction, sharpening as well as inter frame noise reduction completely off.
In both Astia and F-log faces and even textiles look like a paintbrush was applied. Faces look horrible and lifeless and waxy as well.

Both my GH5 and A7III looked way better and more natural in comparison...
Well, will wait for the BM Pocket 4K then.

Dennis, you know it may become pretty misleading without proper testing and time for checking the best from your settings out. Balcony tests are rubbish : ) Thanks anyway to hear especially from you (E : -)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×