Yurolov

Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K

7 minutes ago, Luke Mason said:

Trust me, I have my hands on some ProRes and DNG materials from the camera (acquired from NAB), it's clean af up to about 6400. Noise pattern is very pleasant fine grain, due to lack of compression obviously. The sensor is confirmed to be IMX294CJK, it's the STARVIS line from Sony Semicon with BSI design, originally intended for low light surveillance.

ProRes screenshot:

Untitled_1.3.2.thumb.jpg.105b19fac9c94fc8d12b796f845a025b.jpg

That looks like an excellent prelit scene at 6400 ISO... one stop over base ISO... I imagine it gets a lot worse at 12,800? Don’t get me wrong, obviously I have no clue.. I’m just basing this off of other cameras BM released ever. I hope I’m wrong. I love everything about what this camera promises and I’ll love everything about this camera if they don’t deliver on half of the specs promised.

EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
9 minutes ago, Luke Mason said:

Trust me, I have my hands on some ProRes and DNG materials from the camera (acquired from NAB), it's clean af up to about 6400. Noise pattern is very pleasant fine grain, due to lack of compression obviously. The sensor is confirmed to be IMX294CJK, it's the STARVIS line from Sony Semicon with BSI design, originally intended for low light surveillance.

ProRes screenshot:

Nice! How the heck did you get this :grin:

I think it will help that this sensor has been available for quite a while so is a known entity and they've had the opportunity to study what other companies are doing with it.

That, combined with using the same OS as the Ursa, should make it much more of an integration job rather than a ground up development.

Add on Blackmagic now having another 5 years experience of learned lessons of development of building cameras and its not unreasonable to suspect it will be plainer sailing this time round.

I'll still be standing well back when I first plug mine in though, obviously.  

In 2021 no doubt.

16 minutes ago, Luke Mason said:

ProRes screenshot:

Please, don't get me wrong - but what can be seen or especially  concluded from this desaturated screenshot of very evenly lightened interior?

@Django Maybe I'm just too sensible or keep longer bad experience - but I clearly remember when not so long ago Petty came out presenting UMP and proudly claiming that they will never again present product without immediately capable distribution... and it was true about UMP.... But now again the same. Maybe my problem... I simply reckon too much on a given word.

32 minutes ago, Luke Mason said:

ProRes screenshot:

Wow. I am curious though, why is it at 3840 x 2160 instead of 4096 x 2160? 

Nice image, and how did you get this one. 

Just now, sanveer said:

Wow. I am curious though, why is it at 3840 x 2160 instead of 4096 x 2160? 

Nice image, and how did you get this one. 

It was the default setting on the camera, UHD 4K instead of DCI 4K, all of them are ISO 3200.

They didn't tape the card slot, so... ;)

1 minute ago, Luke Mason said:

It was the default setting on the camera, UHD 4K instead of DCI 4K, all of them are ISO 3200.

They didn't tape the card slot, so... ;)

Wow. You're a star. I wonder if Andrew woupd be so kind, as to award you the star of the day for today. 👍

1 minute ago, Luke Mason said:

If you have been watching the NAB coverage, you'll know that it's a studio scene set up with cameras and monitors around it.

No I haven’t, but I work in the trade show industry, so I was just curious. Pretty cool. I had an opportunity to work NAB this year but my schedule conflicted... maybe next year, it seems like a lot of fun. 

2 hours ago, Mokara said:

Can't shoot much stuff with a shell containing no electronics inside ;)

So he faked the shot of the audience from the external drive that he ingested and played back on Davinci. There are tens of videos now from the camera at the show with at least live view, why you don't go there and find out those liars Mr Sherlock.