Yurolov

Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K

Not sure if it has been posted previously, but there is currently a small discount on offer from B&H (until Nov 3rd) and Amazon for the Samsung T5 in 500GB and 1TB sized versions. If anyone is interested in possibly using them with the Pocket4K here are some links.

Samsung T5 SSD 500GB - $107.99 (w/ discount)

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1346577-REG/samsung_mu_pa500b_am_t5_500gb_portable_ssd.html

https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-T5-Portable-SSD-MU-PA500B/dp/B073GZBT36?th=1

Samsung T5 SSD 1TB - $227.99 (w/ discount)
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1346575-REG/samsung_mu_pa1t0b_am_t5_1tb_portable_ssd.html

https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-T5-Portable-SSD-MU-PATB/dp/B073H552FJ?th=1

EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
On 10/28/2018 at 6:00 PM, BTM_Pix said:

Sorry, your other posts didn't appear on my view (possibly as you are a new member I think so there is a delay)

I've just had a look at both sites and its doing the same in terms of emptying the cart when you try to check out whether its the lens regain or ND version.

However, on a hunch, on the European one I added one of their Amaran lights first, then added the ND (which is the only one in stock), then removed the light from the cart and it retained the ND in the cart when I went to the checkout as you can see here 

87810529_ScreenShot2018-10-28at17_56_11.thumb.png.7b2fdbb2db5a34a70a9debe939a94041.png

Try that in the US store as it might be worth a go.

Other than that, try the contact page and message them about whats going on as it might just be a weird glitch (which it seems it could be judging by my basket trick).

manage to order this morning.

at this price it is worth the try

Bit of a strange one today...

Shot 10 clips in 120fps HD mode that when I came to review them later on in the camera didn't actually appear.

Selecting next clip in playback menu just bypassed all 10 of them and went to the next clip that it found that wasn't 120fps.

Checking the Cfast card and they are all there in their correct folders but the camera just doesn't want to play them.

Thinking this might be an undocumented "feature" that wasn't in the manual, I had a scout around and couldn't see anyone having reported or commented on something like this.

So I've just shot another 120fps clip and lo and behold this one plays back in the camera but the other ones still don't.

Very strange.

Anyone else had anything like this ?

4 minutes ago, Anaconda_ said:

I’ve not noticed, but maybe you need to be set to record  120 in order to play 120?

1 minute ago, Dan Keeble said:

You can play back clips shot with the same project frame rate in the same codec.

Ah...right OK

Putting it into HD mode does indeed make them playable (both 24fps and 120fps clips) and it does indeed have to have the same codec selected as well.

I didn't realise that those settings were an entire system wide mode setting rather than just being for record.

Interesting.

Thanks both.

EDIT >>>>

I have to say that they could and should come up with a more elegant way of handling this.

Even if it was just a placeholder when you selected the next clip that said "Sorry, You need to change formats to view this clip" then that would be at least something.

As would making any sort of mention of it whatsoever in the user guide.

When I was going through the clips reviewing them and those ones just weren't there my first reaction genuinely was to think "Did I actually press the record button?" ;)

It seems really counter intuitive to have to go and change settings in a record screen to enable playback of a clip.

The chances of you then leaving it on those settings and recording your next clip in possibly not the format you intended (ProRes instead of RAW for example because it was a ProRes clip you were reviewing) seems high to me as well.

2 hours ago, BTM_Pix said:

EDIT >>>>

I have to say that they could and should come up with a more elegant way of handling this.

Even if it was just a placeholder when you selected the next clip that said "Sorry, You need to change formats to view this clip" then that would be at least something.

As would making any sort of mention of it whatsoever in the user guide.

When I was going through the clips reviewing them and those ones just weren't there my first reaction genuinely was to think "Did I actually press the record button?" ;)

It seems really counter intuitive to have to go and change settings in a record screen to enable playback of a clip.

The chances of you then leaving it on those settings and recording your next clip in possibly not the format you intended (ProRes instead of RAW for example because it was a ProRes clip you were reviewing) seems high to me as well.

It is lame, if "lame" is still a word.

First time seeing something like this.

The crop in 120/100fps is lame too.

I am waiting eagerly for some words about the camera. Tell us!

8 hours ago, BTM_Pix said:

I might be wrong, but I think the LS300 does the same, if you're set to record in 4k you can't playback HD files. 

if it's not that camera, I'm not sure which one it is, but I've definitely encountered this in the last year and it scared the ish out of me. 

5 hours ago, Anaconda_ said:

I might be wrong, but I think the LS300 does the same, if you're set to record in 4k you can't playback HD files. 

if it's not that camera, I'm not sure which one it is, but I've definitely encountered this in the last year and it scared the ish out of me. 

It does do the same but the mitigation there is that it has a thumbnail substitution system to let you know there is a clip there but that it won't play it either because its corrupt (which it shows as a question mark) or that you need to switch formats (the landscape in a film strip icon).

227838166_ScreenShot2018-11-02at12_55_10.png.53ee27808f951455a07ce816c1975b7c.png

That would solve the problem for BM too rather than hiding the clip entirely, which is very disconcerting even when you've had a camera with a similar playback situation like the LS300 let alone anyone coming from a hybrid ;)

With the LS300, I use the A slot SD card for 4K and the B slot one for HD which also helps to sharpen my addled mind and I'm going to replicate that approach with the Pocket4K and use the SD card for 120fps.

With the LS300 of course, the reboot between changing formats also helps reinforce it whereas the instant change when doing the same with the Pocket4K lulled me into a false sense of security !

Ideally, BM will offer an option to automatically change format on playback with it then reverting back to the mode it was in when you exit but LS300 style thumbnails would suffice for now. 

11 hours ago, Kisaha said:

I am waiting eagerly for some words about the camera. Tell us!

From me ?

I haven't really spent enough time with it to say anything even remotely definitive about it.

What I will say from a positive perspective is that I really like the menu system, I think they've made really good choices with the physical controls and them including false colour (especially when you have it switchable on the function key) offsets the uncertainty one might have about setting accurate exposure on a less than ideal screen and without an EVF.

It is not without its quirks though but I'll need to test it a lot more to understand their impact or whether some of them are just me being stupid ;) 

On Monday I got a backorder status: still out of stock email from B&H. Then on Wednesday it shipped and it'll arrive on Monday. Preordered at the end of June. 

I ordered (or preordered?) a DEC Vari-ND just now from the US Aputure store. Had to pick Paypal as the payment method to advance to checkout, but I think I could have switched to credit on the checkout page. I've been on shoots with the FS5 and the variable ND behind the lens is super handy.