Sony a7 III discussion

GreekBeast

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • Super Members

I think I should buy one quick before they realise what they've done here and discontinue it.

Can't believe how much is in it that could torpedo sales of their higher end models.

Maybe it does signal the impending belated arrival of Nikon and Canon into FF mirrorless but nonetheless this is a serious offering in its own right.

With the E Mount release news from Sigma as well, the whole Sony system looks a lot more interesting to me personally this morning. Fuji's long lens roadmap only has 200mm f2 on it (which isn't enough even on a crop) and at a higher price than the Nikon/Canon equivalents so I've run out of road with them. Sigma's long stuff is actually more than capable so if their conversion to E Mount service extends to non-ART lenses as well then Sony have definitely got my attention now.

This camera would tick a lot of boxes for me.

Coming from the 5d mark iii 70%stills 30%video this looks superb.

Is here any photographer that uses L lenses with the Metabones on a Sony? Would you say its reliable enough for professional work?

Don´t want to sell my L lenses :)

1 hour ago, Django said:

still that ugly yellow cast on skin tones 

You can tweak this in your Sony camera settings: Go to your beloved video profile. Then get in the menue (eg. PP7) --> get into the settings --> choose "color depth". Here you can tweak every color separately by +/- up to your taste - yellow too. And it works quite well. Don't do this in a hurry, take time and consider side effects because of complementary colors.

Use a calibrated color checker (for most accurate colors) and a humanoid model (for adjusting skin tones). The right WB is essential for Sony cameras (the A7R iii seems to be the best Sony till now in term terms of color accuracy and WB), specially in artificial light (interiors, night scenes, etc.). 

@Arikhan thanks as an ex-sony shooter i'm well aware of these fixes. fact remains that with Canikon/Fuji the skin tones look right SOOC. it really baffles me that after so many camera releases Sony still haven't perfected their overall color science and AWB (although indeed i hear A7R3 improves on this). it's the one hang-up i got with Sony.

otherwise solid specs for the price.