TSA bans cameras in cabin baggage, on flights to the US from 13 countries

Andrew Reid

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Yeah, put PED (portable electronic devices) in the hold... much safer... as then they're not accessible for additional firefighting (cargo hold extinguishers are one thing, but a battery cell runaway might not give a damn): identify the source, isolate the problem, cool it. Or do you have to check them in as dangerous goods and follow up on special safety instructions (like special transporting containers), which is probably more hassle than just renting it from wherever you're going?

The real reason they're doing it is to be dicks to people they dislike.  Basically, they're discouraging certain people from coming to the U.S. at all because they simply don't want them here.  Bannon's philosophies about this are widely known.  He loves "the Fourth Turning" and "The Camp of the Saints.”  Wack-a-doodle stuff.  The excuse for it all is "security," but it's pretty obvious what's going on. (at least in my opinion)

BTW, this is nothing new for us.  This is pretty much how it goes around here for lots of people.

Sorry y'all!  'Murica's a big place, lots of people and ideas here.  Sometimes the weird ones bubble to the top.

Sorry that you feel sorry for being white. Sorry that you are offended by something that doesn't affect you. Sorr.. who am I kidding, nah I don't care haha. All countries are not the same. There are good countries, like New Zealand, and bad countries, like everywhere else. Anything to keep me safe is good. Apart from those nudy xrays at the airport - that's not cool - although I understand why they want to see my body, it's glorious. 

4 minutes ago, mercer said:

Haha... the earth is flat too

i assure you these 2800 architects and engineers do not think the earth is flat http://www.ae911truth.org/

im designing a building so i actually need it to not fall down due to 'normal office fires'

what i am telling you is true; i understand the principle of cognitive dissonance and i forgive your trespasses 

I live in Saudi, and while i am extremely annoyed by these policies, i just wouldn't risk my laptop and expensive gear by not having my bag as a carry on.

Why not just fly transit through Heathrow or Frankfurt? the restriction is only on direct flights originating from "the" 13 countries, unless Germany and the UK are on that list too! /s

Stupid policy made by small minded people.

Maybe i should just ignore touring the US for the next 4 years.

2 hours ago, TSV said:

Any verifiable sources on this? 

NSA agent here, can confirm: @Orangenz's body is a flawless Greco-Roman specimen that would make any Renaissance artist worth their salt spontaneously break out chisel and hammer to immortalize it in marble glory. 

Also, he carries his keys in his front right pocket.

2 minutes ago, Caleb Genheimer said:

NSA agent here, can confirm: @Orangenz's body is a flawless Greco-Roman specimen that would make any Renaissance artist worth their salt spontaneously break out chisel and hammer to immortalize it in marble glory. 

Also, he carries his keys in his front right pocket.

omg ?

Plastic explosives could be hidden inside a working LiPo battery (Lithium by itself can explode and burn just by contacting water). Checked bags get heavier screening for bomb chemistry via high-energy devices: http://www.sds.l-3com.com/products/explosivedetect.htm. Additionally, checked bags are stored inside more resilient containers in the cargo hold vs. the relatively thin airframe where passengers sit. A bomb might also be used to gain access to a locked cockpit.

These directives come from intelligence agencies and were also implemented on various levels from the prior administration, only now becoming politicized and amplified by people unable or unwilling to seek the truth, unaware that they are pawns in a much bigger plan. The programming is brilliant as the victims aren't even aware of what's been done to them, where their first unconscious reactions are typically expletives, irrational behavior, silliness, ad hominem, and complete inability for calm, rational, and polite discussion when their programming is challenged. How effective and deep does this unconscious programming go? Does Shaq really believe the Earth is flat, or is he just trying to get traffic for his podcast? http://gizmodo.com/some-photos-of-earth-for-shaq-who-thinks-the-earth-is-1793422926

I've been studying the comment sections on MSM sites (all sides), comments on this forum too, and most people don't realize how close we are to nuclear annihilation. Everyone is acting like children insulting the previous and current leadership and each other. No one is trying to get along or solve the bigger issues. This is what the people behind the curtain want- everyone fighting each other! If the rumors of alien overlords here to protect us are false*, we're in big trouble if we don't start working together to live in harmony with each other and the planet. It looks like a highly advanced civilization on Earth was destroyed about 12,000 years ago. Are we going to repeat it? Will the iRock and iStick become the cool new gadgets?

* UFOs look more like advanced terrestrial vehicles from everything I've seen. 99.999% look like hoaxes (nice job decorating your "UFO" like a Christmas tree). Truly alien or interdimensional vehicles could be invisible to us.

Really disappointing to hear how many useful idiots there are ready to tear down the USA for anything we do or advocate. And why? Just because we want to protect our citizens from killers---who have said they're coming. Just because we don't want our leaders to engineer an invasion of our land that will change its culture and character and polity for the worst we are monsters.

Wanting to be safe doesn't mean we're bigots and white supremacists. It just means we don't want to open the flood gates to those who hate us--it means we don't want in America what we have seen happen all over Europe, where leftist useful idiots holding the reins of power have put the lives and safety of their own citizens in peril and their culture at dire risk.

I'm sick of being called a bigot and a racist because I reject the Globalist agenda. That's the low garbage of the cad who has no argument and is incapable of reasoning and weighing the evidence---and has learned NOTHING from the European tyrants of the 20th century. Globalist centralized command and control power is a river of blood, of Kristallnachts on steroids, and massive starvation "for the greater good" than Mao ever dreamed of.

The poison of collectivism has untold millions bamboozled under the rhetorical flourishes of various "isms"---all with the intent of creating a prison planet for the few of the cognoscenti to rule and bind us all.

I do video to escape this crap. Could we just stick to that here?

Do you lock the door to your house when you go to bed at night?  If so - why?

I do because I feel safer.  Am I realistically in danger if I don't lock it and I am fast asleep and defenseless? Maybe, maybe not.  Do I want to find out if I am being overly cautious? I don't, so I continue to lock my door at night when I go to sleep.  Am I xenophobic?  Maybe, maybe not, but I sleep better at night with my door locked regardless of if my perception of what is and isn't a threat is realistic (or politically correct.)