EOSHD

Welcome to the EOSHD forum. The knowledge-base for all mirrorless, DSLR and pro video cameras.

Subforums

1. ANAMORPHIC

The largest online community devoted to anamorphic filmmaking.
    Discuss lenses, adapters, workflows and post lenses for sale

ALL THINGS RAW! Cameras including Blackmagic and codecs like ProRes RAW and BRAW. Accessories like external recorders and workflows including raw compatible NLEs.

Screening room and the creative side of filmmaking - share your videos / ideas / stories and scripts.

Discuss the NX1 hack and more. Share your mods. Share your tests.

Post classified ads for your camera gear and filmmaking related kit!

10,319 topics in this forum

• 0 replies
    • 12 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 3 replies
    • 10 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 2 replies
  1. Lens Whacking

• 4 replies
    • 5 replies
  2. ***GH2 Questions

• 3 replies
    • 2 replies
  3. PATCHES O PATCHES

• 2 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 44 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 11 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 1 reply
    • 4 replies
    • 10 replies
    • 0 replies
  4. Got my GH2 today

• 6 replies
  5. Driftwood INTRA Patches

• 1 reply
    • 36 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 9 replies
    • 10 replies
  6. The Real dSlr Deal

• 1 reply
    • 0 replies
    • 12 replies
EOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
EOSHD Pro Color 3.0 for Sony cameras
EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony cameras
EOSHD 5D Mark III 3.5K RAW Shooter's Guide

• Popular Contributors

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    JimJones

• Can you install Data Rescue on your mac? Not to rescue your data, but in my experience it can read anything even if Disk Utility can't, and you can try to mount it from there. I think there's a free version that limits the amount you can backup, but like I say, this is to see if you can mount the drive. https://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/10259/data-rescue  
    • So I've been using a T5 drive with an iPad to import some footage without any problem for a while. Tonight (when I really, really fucking need it obviously) the drive is no longer readable in anything OTHER than the iPad. Tried on different Macs and different Android devices and the drive LED lights up but it doesn't show up. Put it back in the iPad and its fine. Seems like the iPad has put some sort of lock on it but as there is no eject disk option I've tried different approaches such as completely powering down the iPad with it connected, closing the File app and just yanking the power out and absolutely nothing STOPS it working again in the iPad or MAKES it work in anything else. If anyone has a fix then to say I would be grateful would be an understatement. I can't stress enough how much I do not want to hear any sort of variation of "have you backed up the data onto another device"  
    • You can try renaming the folder and dig files to the structure of the following screenshot.  This is the resolve naming convention.
    • I see you concur, I knew it, so I've written ; ) I don't think it is a quality of my broken-good-English BTW, we're not discussing linguistics over here, I even think Shakespeare would still struggle to probably make himself understood a lot of times by many of you on these contemporary boards anyway LOL : ) What the hell Vittorio Storaro has to do it? Well, English is not his native language either, light craft is though ; ) Exactly where such reputable camera approved lists don't belong ; -) As simple as that : X   On The Waterboys front, this will lead a few time while yet, it's a project for a long run. I tried my luck with the band road manager Nick_Robinson a couple of years ago, three years back to be more precise. Got to succeed but vetoed a higher level above by Paul_Charles, the novelist and band's manager too. Without mention, Mike the leader himself is not entirely dedicated to other than music, poetry and common distasteful by some populism on politics : D so seems pictures don't usually tend to break too much his heart as happens with other fellows like us here. Only now we had now the chance to officially be accredited as press next to a direct personal contact with the band members since 2001 by me at least (despite the fact I am Mike's fan from minute one, that is, mid 80s of last century in my particular case). The goal is getting their green light on a doc project to pursue for next years following up the band's concerts road map to come. Even though, the idea is to have their official acknowledgement, we might pretty well end as unofficial if necessary or that would strictly depend on us. That's the way to be indie means : P Isn't content the king, after all? Or only as self-proclaimed over the forums surrendered to somewhat stupid camera lists approved anyhow by any airhead at the office...?! : -D You'll obviously be able to update such information to be available online in the future. Thanks for your interest, a reciprocal one BTW (E : -)
    • Definitely research and to be honest, I would try renting one first and using it in a demanding situation. You might like it, you might hate it. Otherwise, buy from somewhere that has a very liberal return policy. If you search on youtube for "cinematic a7 III" be forewarned that you will find TONS of examples of people who produce HORRIBLE looking footage.  Oh, one thing: The a7 III doesn't do 4K 60fps. It does 1080p 60fps with excellent AF. If you want 4K 60fps, you would have to go with X-T3, or S1 or S1H. But then, they shoot cropped 4K 60fps, so you are back to whether the smaller sensor image will cause more noise or not, and then there is Panasonic AF as well... And just to be clear, despite being a Sony user myself, I almost always recommend a different brand of camera when someone asks me for a recommendation. For most people, an X-T3 would be great. Just your needs are pretty specific.
  • Topics