Sony A7R IV / A7S III / A9 II to feature 8K video, as new 60MP and 36MP full frame sensor specs leak

Andrew Reid

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
56 minutes ago, Andrew Reid said:

With 7 hours work done to it? ?

The sad thing is you can get shots like that all day long straight out of camera without even trying with any prosumer/pro Canon body. Canon, Fuji, Nikon all pretty dam easy to get great results. I haven't tried the full frame Panasonic's yet. I'll take a second look at those when the S1H comes out.

42 minutes ago, DBounce said:

The sad thing is you can get shots like that all day long straight out of camera without even trying with any prosumer/pro Canon body. Canon, Fuji, Nikon all pretty dam easy to get great results. I haven't tried the full frame Panasonic's yet. I'll take a second look at those when the S1H comes out.

Try a real pro camera like a phase one or a hasselblad, it will make you Laugh when you come back to a crappy canikonfushitsony

29 minutes ago, Nikkor said:

Try a real pro camera like a phase one or a hasselblad, it will make you Laugh when you come back to a crappy canikonfushitsony

Try a real film camera, that will make you question any digital pro or consumer. 

Seriously, I recently used my hasselblad with Kodak portra and had real color prints made about a4 and the results were so beautiful it made me laugh with joy like I have never with any digital photo or print.

It makes me really sad what a downgrade in color reproduction and contrast handeling all the digital toys brought. And here we fight about wich canikony is better. They all still pale next to the real thing.

21 minutes ago, nickname said:

Try a real film camera, that will make you question any digital pro or consumer. 

Seriously, I recently used my hasselblad with Kodak portra and had real color prints made about a4 and the results were so beautiful it made me laugh with joy like I have never with any digital photo or print.

It makes me really sad what a downgrade in color reproduction and contrast handeling all the digital toys brought. And here we fight about wich canikony is better. They all still pale next to the real thing.

Totally true, but film is prohibitive.

3 hours ago, Nikkor said:

What a pendantic remark ! I know maybe more than a hundred pro photographers, only maybe five, ten at most, use a Hasselblad medium format camera. It's in fashion (and really part of it is mostly for show off reasons, they "NEED" the most expansive gear) and packshots. All the other ones have Canon and Nikon cameras. And a very small part (artist photographer amongst them) use Sony bodys. I bet you couldn't tell them apart in a blind test... If you feel limited by the current Canon, Nikon, etc. bodies in your photography, then you might look elsewhere for improving your art :)

12 hours ago, Skip77 said:

That chart shows the Z6 outselling the A7RIII and A9

You dont even know which numbers to look at...

The A7R III is competing the much newer Z7 by price level and MP and is still selling a bit better than the Z7 after 2 years in production...

Z6 is competing the A7III and cannot touch its sale numbers. 

1 hour ago, liork said:

You dont even know which numbers to look at...

The A7R III is competing the much newer Z7 by price level and MP and is still selling a bit better than the Z7 after 2 years in production...

Z6 is competing the A7III and cannot touch its sale numbers. 

Another chart from the same article has the Z6 on top.

2 hours ago, webrunner5 said:

Looks to be about the most honest review yet. Not surprising.

https://petapixel.com/2019/07/18/sony-a7r-iv-vs-medium-format-image-quality-and-high-iso-comparison/

You Have to be 12 years old, really 12 max.

No I just know chroma key green and that sweeter is not magenta grey.  

You also said CS was joke with today's cameras yet you defend Sony.

1 minute ago, Andrew Reid said:

Nikon's big mistake with the Z6 was one XQD card slot. The media is much rarer and much more expensive. And everybody goes batshit over lack of dual slots!!

I think someone showed the A7R IV having issues writing to two high rated media cards.  The camera couldn't keep up.

15 minutes ago, Andrew Reid said:

Nikon's big mistake with the Z6 was one XQD card slot. The media is much rarer and much more expensive. And everybody goes batshit over lack of dual slots!!

I don't understand the move towards XQD when it's not necessary from a tech standpoint. If SD cards are sufficient why go XQD, other than to push a new more expensive format on consumers? 

2 hours ago, newfoundmass said:

I don't understand the move towards XQD when it's not necessary from a tech standpoint. If SD cards are sufficient why go XQD, other than to push a new more expensive format on consumers? 

Most likely the XQD cards' lack of broader acceptance has got to do with another Patent Rubbish arm-twisting that didn't go down too well either. Just like the failure of h.265.

4 hours ago, Andrew Reid said:

Definitely. If the Z6 had 10bit 422 to their XQD, I would have bought one at the current price. But with no added benefit, I'm waiting to see how all of this shakes out (I've already sold my A7iii). And @BTM_Pix has put the P4k back in the running.

4 hours ago, newfoundmass said:

XQD's are future proof and upgrades can push the card beyond SD cards.