Fuji X-T3 and X-T4 discussion

Andrew Reid

15 hours ago, KnowsNothing said:

Thanks, i’m assuming this is the mark ii? And is the lens capable enough to be one’s main prime, or is it too niche? I really like the look of it. Weight is a bit of a concern but it’s so small, how problematic can it really be.

yes, it's the mk ii. 
It ways a bit, but it's relatively compact. Fells like a small rock ?
If it can be your main prime depends on what you are doing. For photography shooting it wide open in daily situations is a bit problematic even with all the manual focus aids. But it has that special look to it.
For video I love it, since the manual focus is just nicer than most fly by wire lenses. And as said, it has a stepless aperture. Personally if I were to get just one 35mm for Fuji, it would be the f/2.0 since it has autofocus and is nearly silent. But I prefer the combination of Mitakon and Fuji f/1.4 ?

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I keep wanting to get this camera because of the awesome 4k image it can produce, but I can't get over the available lenses. I want to use their 16mm 1.4, 23mm 1.4 etc.. but they are loud and have bad AF performance in video from the hours of test/review videos I have seen. Supposedly the newer f2 versions work better, but who wants to buy primes that are equivalent to f/3-3.8 (depending on shooting mode)??. Might as well just use a zoom, but they are also quite slow. Why doesn't fuji update their faster primes? Too bad sigma doesn't make lenses for them, you could get some 1.4's under $400, instead of old, slow, loud $1,000+ apsc lenses by fuji. 

1 hour ago, Snowbro said:

I keep wanting to get this camera because of the awesome 4k image it can produce, but I can't get over the available lenses. I want to use their 16mm 1.4, 23mm 1.4 etc.. but they are loud and have bad AF performance in video from the hours of test/review videos I have seen. Supposedly the newer f2 versions work better, but who wants to buy primes that are equivalent to f/3-3.8 (depending on shooting mode)??. Might as well just use a zoom, but they are also quite slow. Why doesn't fuji update their faster primes? Too bad sigma doesn't make lenses for them, you could get some 1.4's under $400, instead of old, slow, loud $1,000+ apsc lenses by fuji. 

What do you mean depending on the shooting mode? 

It was never a big deal to me as I've never shot full frame. A f2 prime is an F2 prime for me. 

I'd suggest waiting on Sony. They'll releasing the A7000 soon. 

33 minutes ago, thebrothersthre3 said:

What do you mean depending on the shooting mode? 

It was never a big deal to me as I've never shot full frame. A f2 prime is an F2 prime for me. 

I'd suggest waiting on Sony. They'll releasing the A7000 soon. 

xt3 has varying crops depending on if you are shooting in 4k 60 or 120p 1080p. I just don't care for a wide angle look at around f/4 (FF equivalent) personally. Hopefully they will update their faster primes soon, but that isn't what I saw on a "roadmap". I just want a smaller camera with 10 bit; I would not be surprised if canon & sony do not put any form of 10 bit in theirs for 2 years.

On 11/13/2018 at 4:35 AM, thephoenix said:

probably due to the adapter.

i am looking to buy a speedbooster adapter but don't know which one to choose

I bought the Viltrox and IS (image stabilisation) is not supported. Autofocus doesn’t always work on all lenses. So I sent it back. I’m waiting for the fringer ef-fx pro to test it.

1 hour ago, Snowbro said:

xt3 has varying crops depending on if you are shooting in 4k 60 or 120p 1080p. I just don't care for a wide angle look at around f/4 (FF equivalent) personally. Hopefully they will update their faster primes soon, but that isn't what I saw on a "roadmap". I just want a smaller camera with 10 bit; I would not be surprised if canon & sony do not put any form of 10 bit in theirs for 2 years.

A crop doesn't take away light, so its still F2 regardless of 120p or 60p. But I am guessing you mean DOF?

Sony is supposed to come out with the A7000 with 10bit and IBIS.

5 hours ago, Cameramoto said:

I bought the Viltrox and IS (image stabilisation) is not supported. Autofocus doesn’t always work on all lenses. So I sent it back. I’m waiting for the fringer ef-fx pro to test it.

i am afraid all adapter / converters won't do a proper job with af.

it was said that metabones is working on new speedbooster, hope this is true.

i was planning on using adapters as i have a full set of canon lenses but got myself into buying a 16-55 fuji yesterday as i found a terrific deal on local amazon.

still wondering if i will use it as there is no stabilization but on tripod it will be great. at least it will be perfect for photography and for video on tripod or on gimball

but i'd rather use my tamron 24-70 that has stab when someone comes with a proper speedbooster

8 hours ago, Snowbro said:

I keep wanting to get this camera because of the awesome 4k image it can produce, but I can't get over the available lenses. I want to use their 16mm 1.4, 23mm 1.4 etc.. but they are loud and have bad AF performance in video from the hours of test/review videos I have seen.

The 16mm isn't slow at all, it's pretty fast. It's not dead silent and you can hear it while pulling focus, but if you are not recording in absolutely silent rooms with the integrated mic, it probably won't be a problem. 

The 23mm f/1.4 is a bit louder, but with an external mic it's not really a problem. And while it's not the fastest lens, it's not slow either, especially not on the X-T3.

Fuji has their f/2.0 lenses which I recommend to people shooting video primarily, but personally I am using the f/1.2 and f/1.4 lenses only. Never had a problem with them and I love their rendering

6 hours ago, Cameramoto said:

This is why I returned the Viltrox and bought the Fringer too. So far the Fringer has worked great, with very good lens compatibility.

New details regarding the upcoming firmware release...

Firmware Version:
FUJIFILM X-T3 (Ver. 2.00)

Slower shutter speeds than the framerate can be selected with 4K 29.97P/25P/24P/23.98P. The setting cannot be applied when you select Long GOP with DCI4K/4K or FHD. Please refer to the “Movie Recording Mode” chart below for more details.

Fujifilm-X-T3-1.jpg 

13 hours ago, Snowbro said:

The MKX lenses are awesome. They are the one single thing I miss the most about the Fuji X-T3. 

16 hours ago, Snowbro said:

While I do agree with some of this statement. I own the 16-55 and it is stupid fast and sharp and dead silent. Its a bag of primes