Nikon FF Mirrorless

Aussie Ash

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
20 minutes ago, wolf33d said:

HDMI out is useless. If you have possibility to add all kind of accessories and screen then buy a proper camera. I buy this for the size and weight

lol show me another full frame camera capable of 10 bit (external or not) at that price range, plus what I imagine will be good video af.  

59 minutes ago, wolf33d said:

Z7 specs out. Same stuff. 3600 EUR. 

Plus images show 1 card only. 

Nikon waited 5 years only to release a Sony copy with better grip and worst specs for 500$ more? 

Cant wait to see canon 2014 tech mirrorless.....

Nikon Rumors is saying dual cards, 1x XQD card or 1x CF Express card or 2x SD cards. None of the alphas can do 10-bit video over HDMi either. Plus they can do time-lapse, something Sony forgot about in the new cams.

9 hours ago, wolf33d said:

Ultra premium price. 

British pricing: body:£3399, lens kit:£3499, 24-70mm kit:£3999, 24-70mm + FTZ:£4099

Oh well, time to wait for their low end "Z3"? Then wait another two more years to see it pop up cheap on eBay secondhand... ha! I'm in no rush. 

4 hours ago, wolf33d said:

HDMI out is useless. If you have possibility to add all kind of accessories and screen then buy a proper camera. I buy this for the size and weight

My hope is Nikon will quickly follow the path Panasonic took, of GH4 to GH5. And quickly with their next round of releases update it from 10bit external to 10bit internal!

As at least with 10bit external, they've still got themselves ahead of Sony!!

Because your main camera can serve double purposes. 

1) You live with 4K 8bit 420 internal for the bulk of your shoots, after all Sony mirrorless shooters do! ha

2) But then now and then when you have some specific need for 10bit, maybe for some greenscreen work, or you just want to rig it up for some more series work like say a feature film or TVC to be shot (but you don't quite have the budget to rent a whole new camera such as a FS7/C300mk2) then the 10bit external is awesome!

4 hours ago, mercer said:

And that’s the Z6, maybe the Z7 will have 10bit internal. But all in all, it’s not too bad at all... I wonder if you can use a Ninja Star with it... that would still keep it small.

Sadly the Ninja Star only does 1080, while the Z6 outputs 4K

I think the Ninja Star might maybe even have been discontinued?

Hopefully Atomos brings out a Ninja Star 4K!

Otherwise the Ninja V is a good pairing here. With its compact 5" screen.  

4 hours ago, Yurolov said:

lol show me another full frame camera capable of 10 bit (external or not) at that price range, plus what I imagine will be good video af.  

Exactly!

What people here forget when saying those cam are better video specced than Sony, is that the A7S3 is around the corner and Nikon won’t release a Z equivalent.

The S3 will blow those copy cat for video. It was nikon’s chance to release something better than Sony but as good Japanese companies they decide to be conservative in every aspect.

we need a occidental camera company. 

21 minutes ago, wolf33d said:

What people here forget when saying those cam are better video specced than Sony, is that the A7S3 is around the corner and Nikon won’t release a Z equivalent.

The S3 will blow those copy cat for video. It was nikon’s chance to release something better than Sony but as good Japanese companies they decide to be conservative in every aspect.

A7S is niche camera.. you will be surprised to learn how low is the number of production. Nikon better spend its limited R&D money on lenses.  

41 minutes ago, wolf33d said:

Smell a lot as a Sony but hurt fanboy, I heard that they were the worse and I can see why. "It was nikon’s chance to release something better than Sony " so tell me where can I buy a Full frame mirrorless camera with 10 bit Slog please? Tell me where can we have 5 stop full frame ibis please. What you should be is happy because now at lease from the now you are sure that all Sony camera will have 10bit and from what I could recall was the number one request/frustration from Sony users. That 10bit is revolutionary for a full frame camera as now it makes your S-log usable and not just a marketing gimmick that is putting Log format in a 8 bit container that needed a lot of work around to be usable.  Lastly adding a 5 inch ninja V with it will make it barely the same size as a Nikon D750/D7500 camera with a flash. For a comparable set up you would need to go 30K+ for Full frame 10 bit camera and you would need to to carry something at least 5x the size and weight.  

WOW, 10 bit Nlog, for me what a surpise, I went to sleep with the latest rumors being same as Nikon D850 but woke up to 10bit Nlog. I would have liked a little bit higher frame rate, but this is near perfect. The closest thing to and Arri Alexa colours and hopefully dynamic range, with good to great autofocus video autofocus with full frame esthetics. Yesssssssssssss

As I said in the previous topic, with a ninja v it is perfectly compact and most people need an external monitor to view in any event under direct sunlight. With the ibis you can still hold the whole setup in your hand with ease. Even if the as7iii has 4k 60p and internal 10 bit, short of it getting the venice color science, with all the positives of the nikon (color, ergos, menus, good af which prioritizes the torso once the head is turned!, less focus breathing on lenses) it will be hard to beat.