Jump to content
Aussie Ash

Nikon FF Mirrorless

Recommended Posts

EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
36 minutes ago, wolf33d said:

Comparison with the amazing D750 grip.

30867b2dcbbe516723c5e6e73d8b4dbd4d839bcf

 

 

 

Sony, please give us 4K60p on the lower mpx one (Z6), with IBIS and video AF as good as A7III and I will pay any price for this + a Z7 for stills. 

Those are basically A7III / A7R III with way better grip / ergonomics / menus / flat profile and colours (see D850...). 
Now because Nikon won't release a A7S competitor I hope they have put the best video features (4K60p) in the Z6 that compete with A7III. 

However I am afraid they just copied the A7III / RIII specs and did not look back.... Too bad because I will have to get an A7S III (and keep the A7III for stills to go with it) instead of those. 
Fingers crossed. 

As a Nikon user, I have decided not to put my expectation too high. So D850 video specs with great video auto-focus and better rolling shutter/low light in the 24 pixel model is what I am expecting, plus all the other good advantage of Mirrorless camera in video like using Evf. The second reason is the Blackmagic pocket 4k. If this camera does not get 10 bit, higher FPS etc, I can use it 90% of the time and the BMPCC 4k with speed booster for those 10% work that will require 10 bit etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Danyyyel said:

As a Nikon user, I have decided not to put my expectation too high. So D850 video specs with great video auto-focus and better rolling shutter/low light in the 24 pixel model is what I am expecting, plus all the other good advantage of Mirrorless camera in video like using Evf. The second reason is the Blackmagic pocket 4k. If this camera does not get 10 bit, higher FPS etc, I can use it 90% of the time and the BMPCC 4k with speed booster for those 10% work that will require 10 bit etc.

I would guess that it will have similar capabilities to the D850. Video performance is going to be dictated by the processor, so unless they debut a new processor it probably will not be too different from the D850 in live view mode.

Probably there will be a new second processor handling AF, so performance there should be better than the D850 in live view.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Mokara said:

I would guess that it will have similar capabilities to the D850. Video performance is going to be dictated by the processor, so unless they debut a new processor it probably will not be too different from the D850 in live view mode.

Probably there will be a new second processor handling AF, so performance there should be better than the D850 in live view.

I think we won't be disapointed by the AF. This is Nikon and they won't let Canon dual pixel tech get unanswered for 3+ years. They already had very good video AF on their 5+ year old 1 system.

17 minutes ago, Yurolov said:

Seems curious they are including a hdmi cable with the camera. Intriguing as to what this might mean for output specs for video and video IQ in general. Maybe they will be able to pull the proverbial rabbit out of the hat! 

I am curious, where did you get that info?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, webrunner5 said:

I think they May have copied the Sony A7II, / RII specs. I think you are giving them WAY to much credit on a first try. And that Rear screen may be a bit like the Sigma SD one.

 

Rear.jpeg

Too much credit? Nikon has been making cameras since 1948. Of course we don’t know their processor capabilities but it’s not like they’re Z-Cam... of course maybe Nikon should buy them out.

To add, I wish I had extra money lying around, I’d love to buy that Sigma camera with the 30mm Art lens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, mercer said:

Too much credit? Nikon has been making cameras since 1948. Of course we don’t know their processor capabilities but it’s not like they’re Z-Cam... of course maybe Nikon should buy them out.

To add, I wish I had extra money lying around, I’d love to buy that Sigma camera with the 30mm Art lens.

Yeah but they didn't just develop these cameras in 2 months. They have probably been in the works for over a year. And both of those Sony cameras are newer than that. They are not going to Surpass Sony on specs right out of the box. They have looked a the body design weakness, sure, but to have all these specs people are looking for, I just don't see that happening. I see the Z7 as sort of what a D850 should have been , and will probably be. Their chance to add video worth a crap to their bodies, not an after thought.

Yeah, I have wanted the Sigma SD H for a long time. But I don't have Any lenses for one, and that is the real cost. I can't afford one system let alone 2. 😧

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I expect the more expensive one be like a D850 mirrorless, and the lower one have the exact same specs and price as the A7III. Don't hope 4k60 in none of the cameras - the are clearly stills oriented, the flip screen (not a fully articulated one) with huge bezels is a hint.

This was made for Nikon still shooters, and they are right, I guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Márcio Kabke Pinheiro said:

I expect the more expensive one be like a D850 mirrorless, and the lower one have the exact same specs and price as the A7III. Don't hope 4k60 in none of the cameras - the are clearly stills oriented, the flip screen (not a fully articulated one) with huge bezels is a hint.

This was made for Nikon still shooters, and they are right, I guess.

They will be lucky the High end one will be as good as a Sony A7 III. I just don't see it happening. They would have to get 40 things right. That is damn near impossible. No it's Impossible. Sure for Photo shooters they might get it right. For Video, ehh they would have to had stole 50 Sony engineers LoL. Yikes!

 

Oh my god 2.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, webrunner5 said:

Yeah but they didn't just develop these cameras in 2 months. They have probably been in the works for over a year. And both of those Sony cameras are newer than that. They are not going to Surpass Sony on specs right out of the box. They have looked a the body design weakness, sure, but to have all these specs people are looking for, I just don't see that happening. I see the Z7 as sort of what a D850 should have been , and will probably be. Their chance to add video worth a crap to their bodies, not an after thought.

Yeah, I have wanted the Sigma SD H for a long time. But I don't have Any lenses for one, and that is the real cost. I can't afford one system let alone 2. 😧

I don’t mean to knock Sony here, I like Sony cameras, but where are all of these crazy specs in Sony cameras that I keep reading about? Other than a million options in their PP, they seem to have normal specs like most other mirrorless cameras. In fact, it seems the GH5 is the camera full of specs and not Sony. 

But you also need to remember that not only is this Nikon’s first FF mirrorless, they are also releasing an entirely new lens line up with a new lens mount. They truly cannot afford to fail with this. These are cameras for their professionals to not only lure them into mirrorless but also to lure them into investing into a new lens system. Now how their video specs will be is another story. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, mercer said:

I don’t mean to knock Sony here, I like Sony cameras, but where are all of these crazy specs in Sony cameras that I keep reading about? Other than a million options in their PP, they seem to have normal specs like most other mirrorless cameras. In fact, it seems the GH5 is the camera full of specs and not Sony. 

But you also need to remember that not only is this Nikon’s first FF mirrorless, they are also releasing an entirely new lens line up with a new lens mount. They truly cannot afford to fail with this. These are cameras for their professionals to not only lure them into mirrorless but also to lure them into investing into a new lens system. Now how their video specs will be is another story. 

Face detect, Eye detect, Clear Zoom, IBIS that works, AF that works, s35 crop mode, on and on, you get the point. They are going to have to have all that and more just to be even let alone like, Gee I am going to switch systems.

There is not enough Nikon users left to carry them forever. They are going to have to get people to switch. It will have to be Jesus Christ good. I don't see that happening, not with their first effort anyways.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, webrunner5 said:

Face detect, Eye detect, Clear Zoom, IBIS that works, AF that works, s35 crop mode, on and on, you get the point. They are going to have to have all that and more just to be even let alone like, Gee I am going to switch systems.

There is not enough Nikon users left to carry them forever. They are going to have to get people to switch. It will have to be Jesus Christ good. I don't see that happening, not with their first effort anyways.

When you go into Best Buy or Target or WalMart, there are exactly two interchangeable lens brands... Canon and Nikon.

As far as specs go... I guess... so Nikon needs to have 4 specs to match Sony... well they’ve had Super 35mm mode for years in their FF DSLRs so I don’t see that being a problem. They’ve also had some of the best stills AF for years, so that shouldn’t be a problem either. These are stills cameras first, but even their low level face tracking worked pretty good in the lowly D5500 so...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, webrunner5 said:

Face detect, Eye detect, Clear Zoom, IBIS that works, AF that works, s35 crop mode, on and on, you get the point. They are going to have to have all that and more just to be even let alone like, Gee I am going to switch systems.

There is not enough Nikon users left to carry them forever. They are going to have to get people to switch. It will have to be Jesus Christ good. I don't see that happening, not with their first effort anyways.

They do have a large user base - a market share of around 23% of ILCs - which is pretty much the same as all the non-Canon competitors put together. I think the main goal with their first product is to get the existing user Nikon user base on-board with mirrorless. The only users they are hoping to 'switch' are those with a large Nikon lens collection that have switched 'for mirrorless'. The perquisites for this product to be very successful with the existing Nikon base I would think are:

1) An adapter for F mount that works far better than existing F mount to E mount adapters. A pretty low bar. Nikon should achieve this

2) IBIS as good as OIS for stills. Again I think they will do this.

3) AF for stills with Z mount lenses that pretty much matches that of their DSLRs

I think that video specs are likely to be an afterthought for Nikon. I am sure the ospdaf and ibis will mean that video specs are better than on the DSLRs but it would be heroically optimistic to believe they are going to be class leading. But we will find out tomorrow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, webrunner5 said:

Maybe it is some kind of special locking one??

I dont know - look at the side of the camera - is there enough room for a full-sized hdmi?

24 minutes ago, IronFilm said:

Although darn, why those wide bezels on the LCD screen???

Wasted opportunity for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...