Yurolov

Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K

2 hours ago, Anaconda_ said:

This seems to be the best rig I've seen so far. I have pretty much all the components, or variations of them, so I'm going to try it out pretty soon..

https://youtu.be/vXQ4CnxFJNs

Nice rig. I just prefer to keep it simple as often as I can. 😎

Simple.jpg

EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
5 hours ago, Anaconda_ said:

This seems to be the best rig I've seen so far. I have pretty much all the components, or variations of them, so I'm going to try it out pretty soon..

I have a problem with his setup. He is using a battery plate that has the battery at a 90 degree angle to the rods. The battery plate isn't adjustable, so you can't move it out of the way. With his setup, you will have a hard time touching the screen on the camera (unless you use longer rods). Having an external monitor doesn't mean that you don't have to touch the back monitor on the camera to adjust settings. 

I use longer rails and have a battery plate that can pivot, so I have more room to access the camera screen. I use the Fotga DP500 plate. It isn't perfect, but it does swing out of the way and allows easy access to the back of the camera. I leave the battery horizontal to the rods unless I need more access to the rear of the camera, then I swing the battery up.

41zmX7zI4KL.jpg

2 hours ago, Jonesy Jones said:

Where did you get that? I have been looking for almost that exactly.

1 hour ago, Emanuel said:

What is it? From where?

It is some cheap (Hama) shoulder support. I bought it 2-3 years ago for some 10-15 euros. Now I can find only on this site (and it is 40 euros 🤨; it seems no longer produced so the price is way up). Retractable and easy to put into the bag, mounts in 5 seconds.

Another example for shoulder support:

Holder-2.thumb.jpg.714e2542cf9d58186a25389d85bbdcb2.jpgHolder-3.thumb.jpg.7b6b0d621edea411f8e5358143460387.jpg

And another one, when I want to go wild. 😁

3 hours ago, drm said:

I have a problem with his setup. He is using a battery plate that has the battery at a 90 degree angle to the rods. The battery plate isn't adjustable, so you can't move it out of the way. With his setup, you will have a hard time touching the screen on the camera (unless you use longer rods). Having an external monitor doesn't mean that you don't have to touch the back monitor on the camera to adjust settings. 

I use longer rails and have a battery plate that can pivot, so I have more room to access the camera screen. I use the Fotga DP500 plate. It isn't perfect, but it does swing out of the way and allows easy access to the back of the camera. I leave the battery horizontal to the rods unless I need more access to the rear of the camera, then I swing the battery up.

41zmX7zI4KL.jpg

to me the main issue with his rig is focusing, no much room for it. should add a small follow focus

As he's using electronic lenses on it, what he really needs is a wireless controller that does fine and coarse focus control, stores and transitions between focus points, controls the aperture as well as Record Start/Stop and mounts on one of the rails.

I've been using one for a couple of days now and its quite good.

15 minutes ago, BTM_Pix said:

As he's using electronic lenses on it, what he really needs is a wireless controller that does fine and coarse focus control, stores and transitions between focus points, controls the aperture as well as Record Start/Stop and mounts on one of the rails.

I've been using one for a couple of days now and its quite good.

any link ? don't know this product but interrested in discovering it

On 5/4/2019 at 2:23 PM, Anaconda_ said:

The rig is nice.  what I liked best is that he made a video that had great editing, showing the important things but not wasting any more time on long-winded tangents like most reviewers :) 

On 5/4/2019 at 3:48 PM, BTM_Pix said:

I'll do a post about it next week.

There is a version of it for the Pocket 4K and one for Panasonic.

Looking forward to this.

26 minutes ago, androidlad said:

Flip screen on p4k, non-destructive mod:

But how is it displaying an image? There's no HDMI cable.

1 hour ago, webrunner5 said:

Hmm PK4 ends up being pretty heavy handed with Red. A known problem on here, not addressed by BMD. Camera, or it doesn't like Resolve?

@CaptainHook addressed it when the first load of cameras were sent out and someone noticed it. You can change the colour profile in Resolve to fix the issue.

On 10/14/2018 at 2:19 AM, CaptainHook said:

The overexposed super saturated LEDs are clipping the gamut. This will happen with Gen 4 on 4.6K too. You can reduce the issue by soft clipping the gamut using the colour space transform Resolve FX plugin. Here I am using the Broadcast gamut because the Pocket 4K option isn't in the colour space transform plugin at this time but they are actually the same gamut/primaries anyway.

GamutSoftClipping.thumb.png.f0fb20c552b16674dc10c05f0a4f6a59.png

Without soft clipping the gamut:

GamutClipped.thumb.png.4740d3be34472be323541bdbb2f5c6d2.png

56 minutes ago, Anaconda_ said:

But how is it displaying an image? There's no HDMI cable.

My guess is he took the screen from the BMPCC4K out of the casing and it's still connected with it's ribbon cable to the main pcb.

Nice mod by the way! Looking really professional.