Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K

Yurolov

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
9 hours ago, jack86 said:

I thought the concert footage above looked good as well.  In the right hands the results are very nice.

I agree with comment that the ProAV video looked like video (due highlight handling).

I am hoping that when Blackmagic released the BRAW firmware update, the image will improve, like the image improved with USRA Mini Pro.

At this point I have not seen the same mojo that I was impressed with in first demo video I saw of the OG pocket - The One.  Warning: For those who have not seen it before there is one part that shows some nudity on the cover of a magazine, which may not be appropriate if you watch it in your place of work etc...

Yeah the original Pocket camera is a Very special camera. I see little of it in this new one. but time will tell. I don't think other than some 9000 dollar camera anything can beat the original one. They are that good if you have the skill. And in reality it wasn't that hard to do. There is LOTS of good stuff from them on the web.

1 hour ago, webrunner5 said:

Yeah the original Pocket camera is a Very special camera. I see little of it in this new one. but time will tell. I don't think other than some 9000 dollar camera anything can beat the original one. They are that good if you have the skill. And in reality it wasn't that hard to do. There is LOTS of good stuff from them on the web.

Maybe it is implied, but I think the Blackmagic Cinema Camera 2.5k has equally good mojo and beats the OG Pocket in dynamic range, field of view and resolution and used, is less than the Pocket 4k.

50 minutes ago, majoraxis said:

Maybe it is implied, but I think the Blackmagic Cinema Camera 2.5k has equally good mojo and beats the OG Pocket in dynamic range, field of view and resolution and used, is less than the Pocket 4k.

I always thought the sensor was the same, and so was the dynamic range. The 2,5K was very good for getting a clean full HD with a OLPF filter. The sensor was 15.8mm wide, 3mm less than the Pocket 4K.

3 minutes ago, deezid said:

Looks good to me. 
(one scene showed some aliasing though)

Very nice.

7 minutes ago, MattH said:

That's more like it!

Where did you see the aliasing?

Looks a bit sharpened and reduced in noise to me.
Apart from that and thanks to the great compositions and color work it's one of my favorite clips yet.

You can see aliasing at the 0:41-0:42 mark at the railing. Though in comparison to the BMCC or even original pocket it's absolutely minimal and usable.

29 minutes ago, deezid said:

Looks a bit sharpened and reduced in noise to me.
Apart from that and thanks to the great compositions and color work it's one of my favorite clips yet.

You can see aliasing at the 0:41-0:42 mark at the railing. Though in comparison to the BMCC or even original pocket it's absolutely minimal and usable.

Dennis' eagle eyes... LOL ; -)

16 minutes ago, deezid said:

lol, wasn't there before. Good find!

At minute 0:45, it is also there. But blurred by the 720p version on YT, much less. And not visible at minute 0.41/0:42 depending on the resolution you have, so... As usual, blur is the key when the acquisition device has no OLPF.

GH5 also lacks OLPF, in any case here is an interesting comparison:

image.thumb.png.23ec076832512b4ebbad4b9e9b5605cc.png

source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGTKBnbyxgM