Jump to content

Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, DBounce said:

Exposure looks different in those shots also. So there is that. Honestly, with a little care they would look pretty dam well indistinguishable. 

 

1 hour ago, Turboguard said:

This dude has no idea what he's doing. Nothing is done correctly for a real test. Not even his WB is even.

 

Indeed. Look at the exposure or those skin tones...

Gives an idea on the tool, though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My dear erstwhile member can you please stop attacking John Brawley now. I have long since given up on camera forum arguments so might not be completely up on who is right and who is wrong-evil /

I like the pictures. A lot.  This camera will probably replace the micro cinema camera for me as it’s not much bigger and is much easier to work with.  I didn’t feel as strongly about the 4K

What a shame. Who are these "deep state" BMD insiders that are here pushing an agenda ? Myself and Hook.  Who else ?  What do you guys think, there's a plot and conspiracy ?  You guys don't wat t

Posted Images

30 minutes ago, GreekBeast said:

Why would you even compare a professional cinema camera to a pocket $1k camera?

Greeks do agree here!

Honestly, bringing the P4k into the same conversation with the C200 says more for Canon than BM, and it is no good.

C200 is still in no man's land, and it costs 9000euros here. BM is exhibiting how a enthousiast's/hobbyist camera is done, while Canon how a pro camera isn't..

Edit: GH5S is the best cheap Panasonic video camera in my opinion. I am not sure that the comparison is bad for the P4K.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, jack86 said:

 

I thought the concert footage above looked good as well.  In the right hands the results are very nice.

I agree with comment that the ProAV video looked like video (due highlight handling).

I am hoping that when Blackmagic released the BRAW firmware update, the image will improve, like the image improved with USRA Mini Pro.

At this point I have not seen the same mojo that I was impressed with in first demo video I saw of the OG pocket - The One.  Warning: For those who have not seen it before there is one part that shows some nudity on the cover of a magazine, which may not be appropriate if you watch it in your place of work etc...

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah the original Pocket camera is a Very special camera. I see little of it in this new one. but time will tell. I don't think other than some 9000 dollar camera anything can beat the original one. They are that good if you have the skill. And in reality it wasn't that hard to do. There is LOTS of good stuff from them on the web.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, webrunner5 said:

Yeah the original Pocket camera is a Very special camera. I see little of it in this new one. but time will tell. I don't think other than some 9000 dollar camera anything can beat the original one. They are that good if you have the skill. And in reality it wasn't that hard to do. There is LOTS of good stuff from them on the web.

Maybe it is implied, but I think the Blackmagic Cinema Camera 2.5k has equally good mojo and beats the OG Pocket in dynamic range, field of view and resolution and used, is less than the Pocket 4k.

Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, majoraxis said:

Maybe it is implied, but I think the Blackmagic Cinema Camera 2.5k has equally good mojo and beats the OG Pocket in dynamic range, field of view and resolution and used, is less than the Pocket 4k.

I always thought the sensor was the same, and so was the dynamic range. The 2,5K was very good for getting a clean full HD with a OLPF filter. The sensor was 15.8mm wide, 3mm less than the Pocket 4K.

3 minutes ago, deezid said:

Looks good to me. 
(one scene showed some aliasing though)

 

Very nice.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, MattH said:

That's more like it!

Where did you see the aliasing?

Looks a bit sharpened and reduced in noise to me.
Apart from that and thanks to the great compositions and color work it's one of my favorite clips yet.

You can see aliasing at the 0:41-0:42 mark at the railing. Though in comparison to the BMCC or even original pocket it's absolutely minimal and usable.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, deezid said:

Looks a bit sharpened and reduced in noise to me.
Apart from that and thanks to the great compositions and color work it's one of my favorite clips yet.

You can see aliasing at the 0:41-0:42 mark at the railing. Though in comparison to the BMCC or even original pocket it's absolutely minimal and usable.

 

Dennis' eagle eyes... LOL ; -)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...