Jump to content

Shooting with the Fuji X-T2 in Italy - Samsung NX1 and Sony A6300 beater?


Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, Fredrik Lyhne said:

Maybe you should read the article. "For the video above I used the Canon 50mm F1.2L"

ah indeed you are correct. I did read a good part of the article, but ended up skipping around a bit as I was got a little bogged down in some of the minutiae of crop factors and comparable cameras. And notably didn't see a 50mm in any of the pictures (I like pictures)

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nice video. I noted 2 things though: 1. Crazy amounts of purple and green chromatic aberrations. 2. Strange motion cadence... I could see the frames. Possibly due to shutter speed choice? Mo

The Samsung NX1 and Sony A6300 have been warned. Fujifilm has arrived! No really. This time they mean it. The X-T2 shoots the best 4K I have yet seen for $1500, with a great lens range, pleasing colou

A big "bravo" to Andrew, being the one and only, still mentioning the NX system cameras. Despite popular belief, 1) the cameras haven't self destruct, yet. 2) There are still new ones (

Posted Images

The color grade was terrible. The SOOC shots from the XT2 look way better though. Glad to see fuji stepped up their video quality, hopefully this shakes up the camera market

22 hours ago, SMGJohn said:

Imao a lot about the NX1 was done good, now I am not quite a big fan of the on/off button and the 16-50mm F2-2.85 is a bit meh in how you zoom in and out and focus by electric wiring. 

But really you have to nitpick on the NX1 and of course the infamous in-camera noise reduction in video kicking into high gears at 2000 ISO. 
NX1 in-camera colours are unparalleled, handles nicely and shoots nice pictures and videos with epic colours.

It will be interesting to see what Panasonic did to the GH5 internally and to see the new Sony line, hopefully Sony learned A LOT about their past humongous mistakes like shitty menus and horrid ergonomics they still have not figured out their A line are HUGE cameras too.

The NX1 was almost perfect but knowing Samsung your unit just may explode in your hands

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Andrew Reid said:

 

It is just the people part this is the problem and I never remember having the same skintone issues with the older Fujis.

I did a professional photoshoot with the X Pro 2 and the JPEGs were not great for skin.

That isn't my experience at all. I use the X-pro2 all of the time for portraits and the JPEGS are fabulous, c.chrome, pro neg std and astia are all very pleasing. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, kidzrevil said:

The color grade was terrible. The SOOC shots from the XT2 look way better though. Glad to see fuji stepped up their video quality, hopefully this shakes up the camera market

The NX1 was almost perfect but knowing Samsung your unit just may explode in your hands

Good thing you can remove the battery on the NX1 imao, seeing how my Sony Xperia Z is heating up considerable these days from just playing games and draining the battery in literally 7 minute, I am never going to buy a phone again with a non-removable battery. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi there! I started getting interested in shooting video recently, and currently own (and love) my Xpro2. I would like to ask since you've had time with both the Xpro2 and Xt2...if I didn't need 4K video, what are the other differences between the 2 cameras when it comes to video features and quality that would sway me to buy the Xt2? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/11/2016 at 8:43 PM, John Matthews said:

Nice video. I noted 2 things though:

1. Crazy amounts of purple and green chromatic aberrations.

2. Strange motion cadence... I could see the frames. Possibly due to shutter speed choice? Most notably seen on the first shot of the gondola coming our from a bridge.

YES! This is so obvious, crazy purple fringing and blown highlights ruining most shots! Everyone is saying this is so great but to me it looks awful. I have just received my X-T2, its sitting in its box at home and I'm not sure whether to rush back and rip it open and get shooting or send it back and swap for a Sony A7ii, Sony 6300 or keep my Lumix GX80. This is good timing for Andrew to review the X-T" but that video has left me with real doubts.

 

Is it just due to the 1.2 lens wide open and grading or is there a real problem with this camera?

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, bigfried said:

YES! This is so obvious, crazy purple fringing and blown highlights ruining most shots! Everyone is saying this is so great but to me it looks awful. I have just received my X-T2, its sitting in its box at home and I'm not sure whether to rush back and rip it open and get shooting or send it back and swap for a Sony A7ii, Sony 6300 or keep my Lumix GX80. This is good timing for Andrew to review the X-T" but that video has left me with real doubts.

 

Is it just due to the 1.2 lens wide open and grading or is there a real problem with this camera?

 

 

Are you asking if color fringing is a real problem with the camera?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Out of all the video Ive seen from the XT2, none look like Andrews. Footage from a few different users, and none look like this. So I doubt you should worry about your purchase.

 

The thing is, there are similarities with Andrews Canon 1DX MII Video... Something strange, not what I have seen from him in the past. His NX1 video's are what pushed me to give the NX1 a try... but I cant call it with recent uploads - baffled honestly. SHRUGS, I still plan to purchase the XT2.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rodolfo Fernandes said:

Are you asking if color fringing is a real problem with the camera?

Hi yes just trying to work out the reason for this video sample being so poor - i.e. soft, purple/green fringing, blown highlights. Guess shooting at f1.2 open would explain a lot, but the fringing?

 

Anyway colours look beautiful and low light looks good.

 

 

xt2.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

finally had a chance to play with this camera and i'm absolutely stunned by the 4K quality.. definitely the best i've seen out of APS-C.. the film simulations are really great too, just a little extra grading and you're good to go. a shame no internal Log though (any idea if Fuji is planning on getting it internal in a future update?). Very very impressed overall though and seriously considering this for my 4K needs and travel cam.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, timmyturntable said:

Anyone have any still they can post here with the film simulations?  I love the NX1, but, I culd see the colors being better on the FUJI.

I posted a couple videos that cycle through the films on page 1, linked below. Colors are much nicer than the NX1 IMO, plus less rolling shutter and a better lens lineup.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, as a number of posts have said, I don't think the chromatic aberration is down to the X-T2! Andrew just happened to be shooting with the Canon F1.2 which was the one he had to hand (which uncorrected does have significant CA); shooting with a lens like the Fuji 35mm f2 or 56mm f1.2 there probably wouldn't be any CA to speak of. Some comments also about the softness - Andrew chose to shoot in the Astia (soft) film simulation (also with sharpness dialled right back), so that was a creative choice (which for me worked very well here). There are quite a few X-T2 videos available now, which show very sharp images, if that's what is wanted. 

In addition to the great colour profiles,  the superb Acros black and white film simulation helped tip the balance for me on ordering an X-T2 (should arrive in a week or two). Here's an example (shot on X-T2 with the Fujinon 35mm f2). For me, this is really nice - French Art film, anyone?

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rainbowmerlin said:

Yes, as a number of posts have said, I don't think the chromatic aberration is down to the X-T2! Andrew just happened to be shooting with the Canon F1.2 which was the one he had to hand (which uncorrected does have significant CA); shooting with a lens like the Fuji 35mm f2 or 56mm f1.2 there probably wouldn't be any CA to speak of. Some comments also about the softness - Andrew chose to shoot in the Astia (soft) film simulation (also with sharpness dialled right back), so that was a creative choice (which for me worked very well here). There are quite a few X-T2 videos available now, which show very sharp images, if that's what is wanted. 

In addition to the great colour profiles,  the superb Acros black and white film simulation helped tip the balance for me on ordering an X-T2 (should arrive in a week or two). Here's an example (shot on X-T2 with the Fujinon 35mm f2). For me, this is really nice - French Art film, anyone?

 

 

Yeah that acros is gorgeous and the 4K almost has a raw quality. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

If you skip to 10:50 for the sample footage, you can see some really amazing images coming out of this camera. Dare I say it almost looks Alexa-like in its color rendition and has a certain "filmic quality" to it. Unfortunately this does not extend to the dynamic range... although I bet F-Log would help substantially. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...