Sony Will Announce the A6500

Hanriverprod

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

If it keeps to the launch price of the a6300, has IBIS, touchscreen, and no overheating, then this likely will be the camera for me in 2017. (throw in a headphone jack please as a sweetener)

I am however surprised at how fast the release cycle has been for the latest a6x00 series, I was truly expecting an a5100 successor to come along first. 

Yeah, I was so stoked for the A6300 when it was announced. Went and got the conversion kit to E-mount for the Veydras. And then... Sony happened. They always deliver on paper... and then in practice... grmpf. Between the overheating, rolling shutter, color channel clipping and out of camera colors and lack of fully articulated touchscreen and headphone jack... maybe meh-ish batterylife... Why don't they indeed take the A7-body style and just throw in an APS-C sensor?

The thing that's really going to make the difference is the lenses you're going to throw in front anyways, so why not up the body in terms of ergonomics, features and have solid heat disappation, room for a bigger battery, proper audio interface, maybe even dual card slot, vari-angle touchscreen... yeah, basically more like an APS-C Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II what I'm concerned! Actually, exactly that! If it wasn't for the up in sensor performance (mostly noise profile), better selection of wide angle lenses/easier to get shallow depth of field (and being close to S35 right of the bat) and the possibility to boost towards fullframe... I would've happily kept true to the M4/3 format. But I would like to dial in 3200 ISO without worrying too much, use lenses and have less of a crop factor and the ability to boost towards fullframe (that is why I don't need fullframe cameras, which are chunky and expensive cameras (some with 4K crop!) and the beauty of APS-C is that you can also use some more compact APS-C lenses, although Sony hasn't done enough with that themselves I think).

Neways. Probably not a good idea to get your hopes up for this one... but maybe, just maybe, they've learned something over the course of this year? I'll stay tuned!

Most of you here make your living with this tech, so for you it is only a tool. You buy a new one, when you current one does cut it for the job. AFAIK none of you even bought or kept the A6300, so why the outrage? Frequent releases are always better. The best strategy would be to simply release new models each year around the same time like smartphone flagships, so you would know when to hold off the purchase before new tech is announced.

• Super Members
36 minutes ago, IronFilm said:

Nah, you don't spell Sony as "C-a-n-o-n"!

Never heard of a Canon that didn't deliver in practice what they promised on paper.

But the exact opposite can be said about pretty much every single Sony (outside cine alta).

In fact, Sony is the only brand I can think of that never lives up to its hype. Pretty unique. Panasonic, Canon, Nikon, Fuji, Olympus, etc. Their stuff works as planned or have bugs that gets sorted out. Sony sell flat out broken cameras as if they where ok.

My prediction is the same as I had about the rx100iv and a6300. Great specs, crap camera.

But thats just me.

I wont judge it until Ive tested it my self. But statistically it will suck ass :)

Just now, Mattias Burling said:

Never heard of a Canon that didn't deliver in practice what they promised on paper.

But the exact opposite can be said about pretty much every single Sony (outside cine alta).

My prediction is the same that I had about the rx100iv and a6300. Great specs, crap camera.

But thats just me.

For Canon DSRLs, 1080P exists only on paper

I would have been happy before, but ergonomics and reliability are important and Sony is not big on them. The moment I saw the E-M1 MKII I fell in love with it. The only missing thing on the pana-oly is a 17 1.2 lens, but I can always speedboost my canon 24 1.4. I don't know how the a6300 sales have been but I know people, me included who passed the moment overheating made its ugly appearance and the IBIS was missing. Good times and lots of great gear to choose.

40 minutes ago, Hanriverprod said:

That rumors site is saying it will be announced in the next few days and a9 in early 2017. They seem pretty confident. Crazy I was just considering buying the new a6300 a few months back.

wow that is soon! Hope no newly recent a6300 or a7Smk2 or a7Rmk2 buyers end up regretting it...