How I got scammed through "Ebrahim Saadawi"

Timotheus

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Don't beleive ES's lies. I gaurantee you he's not depressed or suicidal. He's just scared. He's just a guy that got caught who doesn't want to pay for the consequences of robbing innocent people.

We should definitely forgive him but if he gets away with this crime without justice being served he will end up scamming someone again. 

So don't put your guard down becasue he's mostlikely just stalling. 

The breathtaking part of this though is how consistent, knowledgable and prolific "Ebrahim Jnr" has been. Quite stunning really. Crazy achievement. 

I'm disappointed to see though, despite everything, this entire thread contains aliasing and moire. Can't have everything. 

3 minutes ago, Oliver Daniel said:

The breathtaking part of this though is how consistent, knowledgable and prolific "Ebrahim Jnr" has been. Quite stunning really. Crazy achievement. 

I'm disappointed to see though, despite everything, this entire thread contains aliasing and moire. Can't have everything. 

That's what I'm saying. This guy is a pro scammer. This obviously isn't his first rodeo so this is why we need to not let this guy go becasue he's supposedly depressed. He just wants us to get off his back so he can clear his name and scam more people. 

15 minutes ago, omar said:

Don't beleive ES's lies. I gaurantee you he's not depressed or suicidal. He's just scared. He's just a guy that got caught who doesn't want to pay for the consequences of robbing innocent people.

We should definitely forgive him but if he gets away with this crime without justice being served he will end up scamming someone again. 

Exactly this. Sociopaths are master manipulators and will say anything. That taunting message to one of the victims stands in stark contrast to the "apology". Many serial killers had families and/or were respected in their communities: Ted Bundy, John Wayne Gacy, Gary Ridgeway, Dennis Rader, The Hillside Stranglers, etc. The insanity defense never works for them because they know the difference between right and wrong, and they don't care. They don't feel empathy for other people. They manipulate and use people. Con artists and compulsive liars share many personality traits with serial killers.

Only thing I disagree with in the last few pages, is I would say ES was a very effective liar...I just think he never anticipated the forums response to the reported scam, and it got away on him, but up to 4 days ago he was still a very respected member on this forum...its of course human nature to prefer to trust people you get to know in a medium like EOSHD...

1 hour ago, omar said:

Maybe. His response on FB was pure evil. And now sister story.

Btw, pregnancy operation is illegal in E: http://www.juancole.com/2015/02/itself-womens-rights.html

Why would he incriminate his sister (and himself?) in the front of community/ whole world ?

I agree with what everyone is saying - ES is a pathological liar who scammed at least three people.  But he's also a human being and he's young.

This type of stuff can lead to an incredible amount of pain to this person.

I know we can't directly see him or hear him - and that's the danger of social media shaming.

So out of respect for this kid whose life is completely in limbo, please let's give him space.

If he does not refund the people he scammed, it will be horrible.

But these people can freeze the charges.

And we can come together, each of us here donates $5 - we can raise the money back.

I don't want to do that, but we can.

For now, let's not let there be a remote chance that we do lead to ES's suicide, no matter how improbably that would be.  

Now we all know who he is, let him have his reintegration back? Not as reputed member he will never be once again, I guess, but as human being with his flaws. I would never let a daughter of mine to marry him, but c'mon guys... (1) don't send him money on WU; (2) don't trust his lies, even because you risk to never hear the truth from him... but one thing he can still be: (3) one of this community without silly prejudice.

Nothing, so far, can infer him as sociopath, OK?

He's still "a kid" (on his 20s but still one), perhaps needing professional help but, as well, a good part of "our" relatives, friends, colleagues and so on in multiple or other aspects of psychology (still considered as science), self-improvement and education in general, that is, "...the acquisition of knowledge, skills, values, beliefs, and habits".

Hope Ebrahim had learnt a good lesson for his life.

1 hour ago, veraguth said:

I believe the money was not the worst part of it, but that message sent to the buyers on facebook, which was very sad. That was the reason I initially believed your account was hacked. 

This. Impossible to feel sympathy for a BS story with the taunting in post 2.

1 minute ago, Emanuel said:

Now we all know who he is, let him have his reintegration back? Not as reputed member he will never be once again, I guess, but as human being with his flaws. I would never let a daughter of mine to marry him, but c'mon guys, don't send him money on WU, don't trust his lies, because you risk to never hear the truth from him, but one thing he can still be: one of this community without prejudice. Nothing so far can infer him as sociopath, OK?

His presence on EOSHD is over.

The money will get returned somehow - through him or the community.

But let's give the kid some space to get back on his feet.

Our collective anger will fade.

There was some small justice today.

5 hours ago, Vladimir said:

everyone believed in what they want in the end =/

How so?

Do you expect a pathological liar to stop lying completely?

He admitted wrongdoing.

He admitted basically all of it was a scam, even though he's not at a point where he can say this completely and in his own words.

I don't know if I would be able too if I was caught in a criminal scam.  But I'm not him.

He promises to refund these guys.

What is the truth in this?  Or do you mean I'm drawing too many conclusions?  What else can my overactive brain do?

The cops won't get him - it's Chinatown, Jake.  I mean Egypt.

And a guy who scammed a bunch of users obviously doesn't care about us.  He'll say whatever it takes to get out of trouble so it doesn't affect his real life.  This is fantasy crashing with reality.

We just happened to have a front-row seat to it.

And now, yea, let's give him a break.

Probably the best thing we can do is just stop posting in this thread, the cat is out of the bag and there is nothing really to be gained anymore. I am sure Andrew will deal with this in some way. If they are not refunded anyone who was scammed can let us know after some time has passed.

This will be my last post in this topic.

5 hours ago, bamigoreng said:

Was this really necessary?

It got the confession.

He had a choice.  I gave him the ultimatum two days before this morning when I went to work.

After I heard a third person got scammed, I had enough.  My conscious would not allow this kid to keep going on without real world repercussions occuring.

I contacted his friends.

He got wind of it, contacted me, told me what can he do to make it stop?  I said, confess.

He did confess.

Then later he asked me to tell his friends it was a mistake and it was someone else.

I said, okay.

But I didn't.  Couldn't do it.

59 minutes ago, Ed_David said:

His presence on EOSHD is over.

The money will get returned somehow - through him or the community.

But let's give the kid some space to get back on his feet.

Our collective anger will fade.

There was some small justice today.

His presence as before, for sure. On the leftover, only him and Andrew can put their own wording on it. We should never ostracize a brother of us, especially when he is in trouble and gives us signs of problems where we can give a hand. I bet he needs more our help than this community is interested to give him. That said, it will be more failure of this community than anyone else, aside his sad contribution. But we're speaking about future, past is the one over now.

Life is not made only of success.