Jump to content

How I got scammed through "Ebrahim Saadawi"


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, dhessel said:

It doesn't matter what you think or what any of us thinks. None of us have all the facts yet, none of use know what the IP data is like, none of use have seen all the PM's. When you start convicting people in the court of public opinion, assiging guilt and threatening people it is very dangerious. I know what your opinion about what happened is but what about the off chance you are wrong and ES is also a victim in this too. Maybe it is someone close to him that he cares about and doesn't know what to do, who knows non of us do for sure. That is the problem.

... and yes, issues of online identity and transparency are also of question here.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

MODERATOR INTERVENTION: Moderator Jonpais and myself as fellow Moderator have been talking and we are going to keep this thread open for now BUT THESE ARE THE CONDITIONS : the thread st

As bad as this is, in my opinion you should hold a bit back @Ed_David. I get the feeling we get back to medieval age when I read that we should "embarass him" and "destroy his reputation", especially

Unfortunately, Ebrahim, when you chose to steal from other people, you risked ruining your reputation. I think this thread should remain on the forum, but locked, onced the matter is resolved. Yo

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, dhessel said:

It doesn't matter what you think or what any of us thinks. None of us have all the facts yet, none of use know what the IP data is like, none of use have seen all the PM's. When you start convicting people in the court of public opinion, assiging guilt and threatening people it is very dangerious. I know what your opinion about what happened is but what about the off chance you are wrong and ES is also a victim in this too. Maybe it is someone close to him that he cares about and doesn't know what to do, who knows non of us do for sure. That is the problem.

Also true, but then his defense could only have been a full disaster, apart there's no one nor two but lots of inconsistencies in his route, since the early beginning. I mean when he "was" son of a dentist instead, as for instance. Among a few others already re-posted a few times.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dhessel said:

It doesn't matter what you think or what any of us thinks. None of us have all the facts yet, none of use know what the IP data is like, none of use have seen all the PM's. When you start convicting people in the court of public opinion, assiging guilt and threatening people it is very dangerious. I know what your opinion about what happened is but what about the off chance you are wrong and ES is also a victim in this too. Maybe it is someone close to him that he cares about and doesn't know what to do, who knows none of us do with absolute. That is the problem.

Dude, really?  

Andrew will find out that the IP is indeed all the same.  ES will then say that's cause it was something in his company.  The IP will reveal nothing

 

LETS REVIEW THE CLUES

1. Okay first the handwriting matches between the screenshots from the "hacker" and his twitter account.

2.  A person who knows Egyptian says the police report is forged.

3.  His telephone number doesn't work.

4.  His stolen IDC serial number is off by a digit

5.  His friends on instagram when got contacted by him, then contacted him, and then he asked me to tell them it's all okay.  So they don't take him at his word?

6.  There is zero record of his dad as a filmmaker

6b. There is no record in arabic on google of his claims of "Nuclear Radiology Center, Lecture in Middle east's highest regarded universities, and I run Al Saadawi Media"

7.  He says he's an expert in radiology - yet shows no knowledge of this.

8. he will not do a video chat with Sernior.

9. Senior went from getting his PHD 20 years ago to 30 years ago

10.  Senior first responded, then disappeared.

11. Senior makes a lot of money - he'll pay for it all.  but now he won't - and Jr is broke and can't seem to pay it

12.  that initial facebook post saying he scammed them, then he says he did it for his sister's operation (this can be refuted because I corrupted the evidence, but at least I came forward)

13.  the lack of record of his dad's media company

14.  The constant switching of saying what cameras he owns.

15.  the scam artist had "extensive knowledge of the rangefinder and showed me this picture, so it's definitely him. He also picked up the cash using his own identity." according to Thomas

 

F - you are right though - we should have waited for the Western union webcam that doesn't exist and the IP theory and all his messages that I'm sure he scrubbed unless Andrew keeps a backlog of.  Then justice would have been served and I'm sure the guys will get their money back.

No man, this is one of those things you need to move fast and kick up a lot of dirt - BEFORE he has the time to react.

I work with criminals a lot - 

These guys usually are good and fast.

Closing up holes - granted ES didn't do this.  He made this pretty damn easy.

But usually before you know it, they are out.

No traces, nothing.

He was sloppy, but still, 

also lets imagine the longer you wait, the less likely he is to have the money.

the more time he has, the more time he can think.  he can stall.

I'm not saying this guy is a criminal mastermind, but he still ripped off three people and thought about it for a while.

he thought about the legal ramifications with his background in law.  About blaming someone in his office.

He had all of that ready to go.

He was ready for this day, and he was good at it.  Like a good little lawyer that he was.

He did the "I'm a respected member on here and you're ruining my holiday" bit.

That card gets played a lot.

He did a cost/benefit analysis of doing this scam.  And getting away with it.

And suprisingly it seemed to have worked pretty well.

Who would believe a person with 3 posts?

We did.

thank god.

I knew something was fishy with this guy - maybe I didn't - but the whole thing seemed weird.

Anyway who cares - I'm just trying to not go to jail.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Good list, Ed. Unbreakable points : ) In any case, I think this thread could/should only exist for a while at least. Until people receive their money back. No reason to not close it from now on, though. The deeper the more shit to hit the fan. Do you imagine his face when will be morning in his country? Let him alone, he even risks to become a sorta martyr. Not fair to anyone :-)

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ed_David said:
1 hour ago, tweak said:

 

 

I highly doubt you will go to jail for trying to help online friends retrieve stolen money. You were a little over exuberant but I highly doubt Interpol is going to be knocking on your door in west Chester or wherever the hell you live. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Ed_David said:

Dude, really?  

Andrew will find out that the IP is indeed all the same.  ES will then say that's cause it was something in his company.  The IP will reveal nothing

 

LETS REVIEW THE CLUES

1. Okay first the handwriting matches between the screenshots from the "hacker" and his twitter account.

2.  A person who knows Egyptian says the police report is forged.

3.  His telephone number doesn't work.

4.  His stolen IDC serial number is off by a digit

5.  His friends on instagram when got contacted by him, then contacted him, and then he asked me to tell them it's all okay.  So they don't take him at his word?

6.  There is zero record of his dad as a filmmaker

7.  He says he's an expert in radiology - yet shows no knowledge of this.

8. he will not do a video chat with Sernior.

9. Senior went from getting his PHD 20 years ago to 30 years ago

10.  Senior first responded, then disappeared.

11. Senior makes a lot of money - he'll pay for it all.  but now he won't - and Jr is broke and can't seem to pay it

12.  that initial facebook post saying he scammed them, then he says he did it for his sister's operation (this can be refuted because I corrupted the evidence, but at least I came forward)

13.  the lack of record of his dad's media company

14.  The constant switching of saying what cameras he owns.

 

F - you are right though - we should have waited for the Western union webcam that doesn't exist and the IP theory and all his messages that I'm sure he scrubbed unless Andrew keeps a backlog of.  Then justice would have been served and I'm sure the guys will get their money back.

No man, this is one of those things you need to move fast and kick up a lot of dirt - BEFORE he has the time to react.

I work with criminals a lot - 

These guys usually are good and fast.

Closing up holes - granted ES didn't do this.  He made this pretty damn easy.

But usually before you know it, they are out.

No traces, nothing.

He was sloppy, but still, 

also lets imagine the longer you wait, the less likely he is to have the money.

the more time he has, the more time he can think.  he can stall.

I'm not saying this guy is a criminal mastermind, but he still ripped off three people and thought about it for a while.

he thought about the legal ramifications with his background in law.  About blaming someone in his office.

He had all of that ready to do.

He was ready for this day, and he was good at it.

He did the "I'm a respected member on here and you're ruining my holiday" bit.

That card gets played a lot.

He did a cost/benefit analysis of doing this scam.  And getting away with it.

And suprisingly it seemed to have worked pretty well.

Who would believe a person with 3 posts?

We did.

thank god.

I knew something was fishy with this guy - maybe I didn't - but the whole thing seemed weird.

Anyway who cares - I'm just trying to not go to jail.

I agree, it doesn't look good for him at all but what gives you the right to be judge, jury and executioner? I get what you are saying about moving fast before he can react but you also run the risk of crucifying an innocent victim too. 

Really this should have all been handled by Andrew, the victims, ES and what ever 3rd party enforcement required. It is too bad that Andrew was not arround to step in earlier. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I need some compensation because I was robbed of about 4-6 hours of my life reading this kid's nonsense. 

4 minutes ago, dhessel said:

I agree, it doesn't look good for him at all but what gives you the right to be judge, jury and executioner? I get what you are saying about moving fast before he can react but you also run the risk of crucifying an innocent victim too. 

But this isn't a court of law. This is a court of public opinion and save for a few instances, I think we were pretty fair to him. We gave him more than enough chances to come clean. From the beginning many people believed him, but unfortunately facts are fickle mistresses and there are too many stacked against him. Is it possible he is innocent... Yes it is possible... With caveats. He would have to be protecting someone close to him who had done it... A close family member and he felt he could attempt to save his reputation on the board if he could figure a way around it... Of course I have just given the dummy another lie he can use to try wiggle out of this. Damn!!! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Ed_David said:

Dude, really?  

Andrew will find out that the IP is indeed all the same.  ES will then say that's cause it was something in his company.  The IP will reveal nothing

 

LETS REVIEW THE CLUES

1. Okay first the handwriting matches between the screenshots from the "hacker" and his twitter account.

2.  A person who knows Egyptian says the police report is forged.

3.  His telephone number doesn't work.

4.  His stolen IDC serial number is off by a digit

5.  His friends on instagram when got contacted by him, then contacted him, and then he asked me to tell them it's all okay.  So they don't take him at his word?

6.  There is zero record of his dad as a filmmaker

7.  He says he's an expert in radiology - yet shows no knowledge of this.

8. he will not do a video chat with Sernior.

9. Senior went from getting his PHD 20 years ago to 30 years ago

10.  Senior first responded, then disappeared.

11. Senior makes a lot of money - he'll pay for it all.  but now he won't - and Jr is broke and can't seem to pay it

12.  that initial facebook post saying he scammed them, then he says he did it for his sister's operation (this can be refuted because I corrupted the evidence, but at least I came forward)

13.  the lack of record of his dad's media company

14.  The constant switching of saying what cameras he owns.

 

F - you are right though - we should have waited for the Western union webcam that doesn't exist and the IP theory and all his messages that I'm sure he scrubbed unless Andrew keeps a backlog of.  Then justice would have been served and I'm sure the guys will get their money back.

No man, this is one of those things you need to move fast and kick up a lot of dirt - BEFORE he has the time to react.

I work with criminals a lot - 

These guys usually are good and fast.

Closing up holes - granted ES didn't do this.  He made this pretty damn easy.

But usually before you know it, they are out.

No traces, nothing.

He was sloppy, but still, 

also lets imagine the longer you wait, the less likely he is to have the money.

the more time he has, the more time he can think.  he can stall.

I'm not saying this guy is a criminal mastermind, but he still ripped off three people and thought about it for a while.

he thought about the legal ramifications with his background in law.  About blaming someone in his office.

He had all of that ready to go.

He was ready for this day, and he was good at it.  Like a good little lawyer that he was.

He did the "I'm a respected member on here and you're ruining my holiday" bit.

That card gets played a lot.

He did a cost/benefit analysis of doing this scam.  And getting away with it.

And suprisingly it seemed to have worked pretty well.

Who would believe a person with 3 posts?

We did.

thank god.

I knew something was fishy with this guy - maybe I didn't - but the whole thing seemed weird.

Anyway who cares - I'm just trying to not go to jail.

HA HA! You're not implicated here at all. All you did was a bit of investigative faux-journalism.

As I said, make a short film about this Ed, you would make one better than all of us. I have saved the PDF version of this thread, all of it. Make a film and then you are exonerated due to artistic civic responsibility.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think the court of public opinion is where this belongs and it is often wrong and there is too much emotion involved. I know it seems like I am attacking Ed, that is not really my intention. I think what he did was done with good intentions but is a dangerous precident to set. The internet is powerful and can be dangerous too the flow of this topic had already turned against ES before he every responded.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ed, mate i think you have fallen for this the worst.

It was only 200 odd years ago that people were sent to the great southern colony for stealing a loaf of bread to feed their families.

Someone stole from people here, made up a crazy series of lies to do so and then when they were finally cornered, made up another sympathy story to make the mob feel bad. There may have been promises of violence and I stand by that. As I said earlier, if someone steals from me, I will happily take their clothing and leave them crying naked in the street to teach them a lesson. You think that form of justice doesnt exist in the middle east? If he stole from his own countrymen I assure you the punishment would be much worse. The fact he has told a story about his sister here, is either the worst thing he could have ever done, or there is no sister and I sure as hell hope there is no sister because in these parts of the world that kind of operation suggests an act that would bring SERIOUS consequences and in many cases family members are the ones to dish out the punishment and it doesnt end well. I am not convinced this person is anything they say they are now or before, even with instagram investigations. I wonder if you had any actual reply from any of them yourself asking for more detail? You said you showed them this thread so the evidence is out there. You promising to tell them it was a mistake kind of doesnt really help. 

I hate scheming scam artists as much as I hate violent offenders and a boo and hiss from this crowd is nothing as punishment for a CRIME. Hes only actually sorry because he didnt get away with it.

You think we are tough on him, you need to watch how people in his own country behave. Fucking disgusting. Do not feel sorry for him.

As I said, lets damn well hope there is no sister...

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=134_1452444063

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dhessel said:

there is too much emotion involved. 

 

No reason for. This has been a criminal case, not a big one, really, but one of a kind. No less relevant seems to be, however, the rehabilitation of Ebrahim. Everyone deserves a second chance. That is, as second step to follow the refund but should be no less crucial for all of you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Lee Kelly said:

Ed, mate i think you have fallen for this the worst.

It was only 200 odd years ago that people were sent to the great southern colony for stealing a loaf of bread to feed their families.

Someone stole from people here, made up a crazy series of lies to do so and then when they were finally cornered, made up another sympathy story to make the mob feel bad. There may have been promises of violence and I stand by that. As I said earlier, if someone steals from me, I will happily take their clothing and leave them crying naked in the street to teach them a lesson. You think that form of justice doesnt exist in the middle east? If he stole from his own countrymen I assure you the punishment would be much worse. The fact he has told a story about his sister here, is either the worst thing he could have ever done, or there is no sister and I sure as hell hope there is no sister because in these parts of the world that kind of operation suggests an act that would bring SERIOUS consequences and in many cases family members are the ones to dish out the punishment and it doesnt end well. I am not convinced this person is anything they say they are now or before, even with instagram investigations. I wonder if you had any actual reply from any of them yourself asking for more detail? You said you showed them this thread so the evidence is out there. You promising to tell them it was a mistake kind of doesnt really help. 

I hate scheming scam artists as much as I hate violent offenders and a boo and hiss from this crowd is nothing as punishment for a CRIME. Hes only actually sorry because he didnt get away with it.

You think we are tough on him, you need to watch how people in his own country behave. Fucking disgusting. Do not feel sorry for him.

As I said, lets damn well hope there is no sister...

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=134_1452444063

The red capes are coming.... the red capes are coming...

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Emanuel said:

 

No reason for. This has been a criminal case, not a big one, really, but one of a kind. No less relevant seems to be, however, the rehabilitation of Ebrahim. Everyone deserves a second chance. That is, as second step to follow the refund but should be no less crucial for all of you.

This has not been a criminal case, it has been an internet soap opera with a dash of vigilante justice. The rehabilitation of Ebrahim would have been more plausible if this had been handled by mods rather than blasted over the internet for the world to see. The fact that all of this has already been done makes a second chance much harder and much more unlikely. The internet never forgets.

All I am saying is we need to be careful, destroying an innocent persons carreer and reputation is far worse than someone loosing a few hundred bucks, at least in my opinion.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, mercer said:

I think I need some compensation because I was robbed of about 4-6 hours of my life reading this kid's nonsense. 

 

 

:) You guys, why not being cool like Toshiro Mifune for a while. There are possibillities of legal actions that can be taken after a scam.

But beforehead of a seemingly forced act of a confession and seeming contractions in defense, there have been accusastions and connotations of all kinds.

Case is a 600 to 1000USD fraud. Now it´s up to the institutions which professionally and legally are empowered

to take action and being in charge of investigation and its consequences for the case, the victims, the doer or doers of the crime and a conclusion.

Why not close the thread for now as it should have been after the WU scam has been named and before the name

calling and aggressive comments have been started.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The biggest problem is that if there is, in fact, a 1000 dollar a day earning 'young dentist' and patron of god knows faculty lording over the esteemed Saawadi Building of misfits and vagabonds -  then a policeman with an internet connection will eventual come by looking for a bribe. (sounds like a wes anderson flick)

Or a scumbag will start plotting a kidnapping.

But you have to ask yourself, the home address, business details and address, family history, phone number were all basically given to us by this man. All of it.

Given on a platter to 'exonerate' their name.

Doesn't it seem fishy?

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, PannySVHS said:

 

 

:) You guys, why not being cool like Toshiro Mifune for a while. There are possibillities of legal actions that can be taken after a scam.

But beforehead of a seemingly forced act of a confession and seeming contractions in defense, there have been accusastions and connotations of all kinds.

Case is a 600 to 1000USD fraud. Now it´s up to the institutions which professionally and legally are empowered

to take action and being in charge of investigation and its consequences for the case, the victims, the doer or doers of the crime and a conclusion.

Why not close the thread for now as it should have been after the WU scam has been named and before the name

calling and aggressive comments have been started.

 

 

Panny I admire your maturity, I really do, but I never once called for violence to ES and I couldn't disagree more about closing this thread, especially now. If for no other reason but a paper trail of the events that transpired... And the events that will come to fruition.

The problem here is that the motive doesn't add up. That's why I believe there is more to this story than has been uncovered.

I think there may be more aliases he goes under on this site. I believe he may have created these aliases to build more "Likes" to his posts and build a credibility to his reputation.

I believe almost everybody on this forum has been relatively honest about who they are and what we do, it's imperative for a forum like this, especially since so many of the members are giving advice on major purchases.

For instance, here's a hypothetical, Oliver Daniel has a long record of shooting music videos. Since he has an extensive portfolio, someone may go to him to ask what he feels about a specific Sony camera that they are contemplating using for an upcoming music video gig. They take his advice and buy it. And then a week later... What if it came out that he lied about his portfolio and history and this person just spent a butt load of money based on his recommendations... Sure they should have done their own research but he is a trusted member with a supposed track record.

That is exactly what ES has been doing for years. And I think as a community, we deserve the truth. Why should we cater to the lowest common denominator because his feelings may be hurt? I'm sure a lot of people considered ES a friend... Does their feelings not matter? Do they not deserve the truth?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mercer said:

Panny I admire your maturity, I really do, but I never once called for violence in ES and I couldn't disagree more about closing this thread, especially now. If for no other reason but a paper trail of the events that expired. And more will come to fruition. I believe there is more to this story than has been uncovered. I think there may be more aliases he goes under on this site. I believe he may have created these aliases to build more "Likes" to his posts and build a credibility to his reputation. I think there may be other scammed people who don't even realize they were being scammed by the Kaizer Soze of eoshd... ES. 

Kaizer Soze :(

Link to post
Share on other sites

Some people seem to be able to consider these sorts of crimes soft. Its a faceless crime in many ways. The thing is, internet crime and this kind of theft is cowardly but just as harmful as having someone sneak into your house while you are sleeping and taking something from you. He may not have bonked you on the head and stolen something from you but he still stole something from you.

Seriously, its on the news too often how many poor naive lonely usually elderly people are scammed in a similar way out of countless sums of money. Sure, some part of me thinks if youre naive enough to believe someone on the internet and give them all your money then what do you expect, but at the sametime on the other end is a sly scheming ripoff merchant who has premeditated the scam without issue. In this case that same person has then taunted the victims because they thought they would get away with it.

As far as I can tell, the image we have of this guy might very well not even be who we are talking about. How deep does it go and across how many different platforms? The FB and IG accounts could be just as fake as anything else.

Maybe I am a dick for believing in justice. Maybe if a 'kid' is taught a lesson early on, they might remember that kick in the arse and think twice about doing it again.

He stole from people and taunted them about it with arrogance.

I hope that it is not actually some kid in a jam who made a mistake and is now feeling like his world just ended because as I did say in an earlier post, the whole internet thing is not worth killing yourself over. I 100% promise every one of you that you are never likely to deal with ES in a professional fashion within the film industry and if you did, it wont be something that you remember and affect his career in any way. The internet never forgets as someone said just up there, but the internet is also the quickest medium for gratification and just like you swipe left and double tap, within seconds something else fills that little hollow space between your ears. I bet you cant even remember the name of the person who started this thread without looking at page one. People barely remember important milestones in history let alone some quick buck camera forum scam.

For example;

What year was Kennedy shot?

What year did the Titanic sink?

When did Princess Diana die?

Who was Prime Minister of Australia 3yrs ago?

Who owns the Star Wars franchise?

What year did 911 happen?

 

plenty of you and me will not know the answers to many of these questions off the top of our heads and these are SIGNIFICANT moments in history. ES is a teeny weeny nothing. A teeny weeny scam artist and fraudster but still nothing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...