Jump to content
Timotheus

How I got scammed through "Ebrahim Saadawi"

Recommended Posts

EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
3 minutes ago, dhessel said:

Any your point is what that is is our job to deliever punishment for this crime? 

Our job is to turn this into video somehow. Some, like Ed, have tried and it shows their affinity with the medium. Yje rest of us need to figure out how to make this video. That is our job. Question via moving image. All of us are happy to be niche Redditors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Ed_David said:

You are right

I apologize to everyone.

I didnt see it that way.

I honestly started it cause i thought one of the posters was going to beat him up

But yea my anger at him for scamming got the best of me

Anyway justice will be served.

And this is it.

Sorry eoshd.

Im out.

LIke always I believe you were trying to help and do what you thought was right. In my opinion you went to far is all. I do greatly respect the fact that you flat out said what you did and followed up with an apology, that says a lot in my opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ed, the issue is that you lied to a guy to get him to own up to lying. Yes, what he has done is worse, but I don't believe that excuses the immorality of coercing him. It was torture in the sense that you pushed him to the point that he would make (what he maintains is) a false confession to stop it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, mercer said:

This kid is hitting refresh every 5 seconds 

He is definitely not the only one... count me in. It would be freaking awesome if we could turn this into a collaboration film project, something like a movie produced by EOSHD members. Really, this could be a hit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Chrad said:

Ed, the issue is that you lied to a guy to get him to own up to lying. Yes, what he has done is worse, but I don't believe that excuses the immorality of coercing him. It was torture in the sense that you pushed him to the point that he would make (what he maintains is) a false confession to stop it. 

Its not torture

To clarify

I message his friends. Tell them hes in trouble for scamming 1k usd from buyers.

He then says make it stop to me. What do i want?

I say a confession.

He confesses.

Then he asks me To lie to his friends and tell them he didnt scam people. After i told them he was in trouble for scamming people and pointed them to this thread. I told  him ok. Saying i would lie to them was a lie. I didnt tell them that it was another person because i know and pretty everyone else here knows hes a pathological liar who created a fake dad or grandpa.

 

He wanted me to lie to his friends and say everything was okay.

Its not.

And the only ones who will help this guy is his real life friends.

Not us.

We are nothing to him.

Just objects to steal from and endlessly lie to.

And still honestly f him for ripping off three peole who honestly didnt know better.

He also hurt the reputation of this site.

Which is a shame.

Cause i think this is a great site.

And to that you say...so do i.

Well im an idiot but i never scammed anyone or lied about myself.

I use my real name.

I post.

I try to share.

Again im sorry.

I went too far.

But man reading the third scam victim made me turn into that guy from la confidential played by that australian guy russell crowe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, tweak said:

What Ed did was spot on, all the people who think what Ed did to be wrong is why scammer scum like this exist.

He had already been exposed long before this happened so really the threat of further scamming was practically zero at this point. So where exactly is the line that we should not cross when dealing with a situation like this? After the confession was made what was gained by going back on the deal and exposing him to his close friends anyway?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, HelsinkiZim said:

“I mean, do I have an ending… my thoughts about the case and about who is lying and why, have not been fixed over the course of this story. Several times I have landed on a decision and stayed there with relief, and then inevitably I learn something that I did’nt know before and I am up-ended… sometimes the reversal happens within hours. What’s astonishing to me is how the back and forth hasn’t let up after all of this time. I am learning new information all of the time…" - Serial podcast, Episode 12: What we know 3min mark

Can I get an Amen on that POV?

I'm gonna quote myself.

All of you hating on Ed READ IT!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jase said:

He is definitely not the only one... count me in. It would be freaking awesome if we could turn this into a collaboration film project, something like a movie produced by EOSHD members. Really, this could be a hit.

What would the title be though? - "Blind Dancing"?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, dhessel said:

He had already been exposed long before this happened so really the threat of further scamming was practically zero at this point. So where exactly is the line that we should not cross when dealing with a situation like this? After the confession was made what was gained by going back on the deal and exposing him to his close friends anyway?

Depends what type of person you are I guess... there's no hard and fast rule. One thing I know is that people like Ed make people like Jnr think twice next time. I've had a lot of things stolen throughout my life and I'd be fine with those people getting the Ed treatment. Decide for yourself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, tweak said:

Depends what type of person you are I guess... there's no hard and fast rule. One thing I know is that people like Ed make people like Jnr think twice next time. I've had a lot of things stolen throughout my life and I'd be fine with those people getting the Ed treatment. Decide for yourself.

I wonder how he feels to be the one who was fooled.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Ed_David said:

Its not torture

To clarify

He asks me to lie to his friends and tell them he didnt scam people. After i told them he was in trouble for scamming people and pointed them to this thread. I told  him ok. Saying i would lie to them was a lie. I didnt tell them. 

He wanted me to lie to his friends and say everything was okay.

Its not.

And the only ones who will help this guy is his real life friends.

Not us.

We are nothing to him.

Just objects to steal from and endlessly lie to.

And still honestly f him for ripping off three peole who honestly didnt know better.

He also hurt the reputation of this site.

Which is a shame.

Cause i think this is a great site.

And to that you say...so do i.

Well im an idiot but i never scammed anyone or lied about myself.

I use my real name.

I post.

I try to share.

Again im sorry.

I went too far.

But man reading the third scam victim made me turn into that guy from la confidential played by that australian guy russell crowe

When I read your inital post it seemed like he confessed based on the threat that you would reveal it to his friends and when he did his part of the bargin you went ahead and revealed it anyway. Thanks for the clarification and my apologies for mis-interpreting what you wrote.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didnt go back.

The deal we made was afterwards.Its tough to explain on this android.

I revised what i wrote to make it make more sense.

Let me know what you think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ed_David said:

I didnt go back.

The deal we made was afterwards.Its tough to explain on this android.

I revised what i wrote to make it make more sense.

Let me know what you think.

I think you are a talisman of this community as you are a talented, working individual who understands the plight of the start up guys. Many are simply shocked to see raw emotion from from an idol, but also vindicated that you are simply human. It was an emotional roller-coaster and it was nice to ride it with you.

Don't feel bad.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What's makes this hard is that I am trying to sort some stuff out with my bank. I'm glad this forum existed because it helped in some of the paperwork I am going to have to do in order to get my money back. Good news: We got a confession. Bad news: Not really. The point is that multiple people (BOTH Ebrahim Saawadi Sr. and Jr.) are using the account. Proving the 'right' one is going to be difficult. Also, it was typed out in a post, not a signed document. I am going to through the process to try to get my stuff back, but we will see if that happens. 

 

PS: Even though this sucks for me, and I am out $340, it was cool to see this Sherlock Holmes mini drama take place. Thanks for the critique and analysis of everything guys. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, dhessel said:

When I read your inital post it seemed like he confessed based on the threat that you would reveal it to his friends and when he did his part of the bargin you went ahead and revealed it anyway. Thanks for the clarification and my apologies for mis-interpreting what you wrote.

Thank god.

I was sweating my ass off

Im bad at storytelling ironically

Need to get back to dp work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...