GoPro Hero 8 Coming soon

IANWHITE

GoPro is about to release its Hero 8, I really hope that this time they can surprise me with some blockbusting features... Though through all the rumors and leaks till now, the updates of H8 are not quite attractive to me... With GoPro H7 being so buggy, I also hope that H8 can be a great stepup. 

Just stumbled on an interesting article about the competition between GoPro and DJI after I found that yesterday DJI has released a new firmware for Osmo Action right before the release of GoPro H8 , the intention was very clear. But it seems the latest fw of OA doesn't bring any thrilling updates, I guess I'll wait and see how will GoPro fight back this time.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
3 hours ago, IANWHITE said:

GoPro is about to release its Hero 8, I really hope that this time they can surprise me with some blockbusting features... Though through all the rumors and leaks till now, the updates of H8 are not quite attractive to me... With GoPro H7 being so buggy, I also hope that H8 can be a great stepup. 

Just stumbled on an interesting article about the competition between GoPro and DJI after I found that yesterday DJI has released a new firmware for Osmo Action right before the release of GoPro H8 , the intention was very clear. But it seems the latest fw of OA doesn't bring any thrilling updates, I guess I'll wait and see how will GoPro fight back this time.

What Firware is that, can't see anything just coming out.

I was hoping for something more on the MAX compared to the insta360 one X. The cool part is that it has 6 mics, gps (if I got it right) and 5m water resistant without case.
Of course we need to compare the video quality before any conclusion. Really curios to see how the audio is, something that the insta360 one X is basically unusable especially in movement.

Also not sure if it has desktop software for reframing other than the premiere plug-in as I only use Resolve.

I just wish the Max had higher resolution; my Insta 360 One X is a lot of fun to play with but the IQ is just really bad when punching in for a 16:9 look. 

That being said, the Max looks far mor usable than One X with the display and water-proofing. This camera should spawn some good competition from Insta. 

All the footage from 360 cams I've seen on youtube look like a huge tradeoff in video quality. I can't tell if that's youtube destroying it or if 5K just isn't enough yet for 360 capture/reframing. It'll be a great tool for my job once the quality improves.

On 10/1/2019 at 12:50 PM, androidlad said:

There's 100Mbps with HEVC for 4K and 2.7K on the Hero 8.

Couldn't confirm if that applies only to 4K30 or also 4K60. 
Also could not find a table that shows all recording options (for example does 4K60p does support Hypersmooth 2.0, Boost, or only Hypersmooth 1.0, etc.)
Also LINEAR is available in 4K now, but 30p or 60p? It sucks that they can't give a simple table showing proper specs. 

I have noticed with gopro footage as well as drone footage that it tends to look crap on YouTube. I am guessing the youtube bitrate even in 4k isn't enough to keep up with the fast movements that these type of cameras are usually used for. Constantly changing terrain needs a good bitrate. 

I just got a drone but I may only use it for slower Aerial shots, as far as youtube goes.