How Long Will I Be Waiting?

Snowbro

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
2 hours ago, Snowbro said:

Sold the 1DX II; I will buy another Canon when they have..

• IBIS
  • FF 4k
  • 10-bit internal
  • 120p 1080p
  • 4K 60p

In a mirrorless body under $4,000

It will be a while, so buy a temporary camera to use in the meantime.  Make sure its well specc'd and robust so it lasts long enough to fill that gap.

Not doing any side jobs until late summer/fall. I just have been using this S10+ for personal, been surprised at how good it looks. Actually records in 10-bit hdr, which I can convert to HLG. Its much lighter than carrying the 1DX on my back biking haha. 

4 hours ago, Snowbro said:

Sold the 1DX II; I will buy another Canon when they have..

• IBIS
  • FF 4k
  • 10-bit internal
  • 120p 1080p
  • 4K 60p

In a mirrorless body under $4,000

im totally with you. id like a raw option but its whatever.

and im willing to pony up $4k for it too~! and get into the R system. but thats what its gonna take

im shooting my next thing with a gh4 and maybe some 5d3 raw shots for dof. its gonna look great. literally nobody cares about the difference in stuff like this except for ppl like us anyway ? so canon has to actually make a camera that makes me happy for me to seriously ~look~ at the r lenses... im sure theyre great but theyre absurdly expensive, and all this adds up to quite an investment

oh, one more thing,

- FLIPPY SCREEN ✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️

• Super Members

Another question is when will any camera manufacturer give you those specs?

Probably not for a long time. And when they do it's probably some h.265 crap. It sounds like it's time to graduate from messing with stills cameras and getting a real video camera. Won't be FF though.

1 hour ago, Mattias Burling said:

IBIS ✔️

FF 4k ✔️

10-bit internal ✔️

120p 1080p ✔️

4K 60p ✔️

In a mirrorless body under $4,000 ✔️

Well the Panasonic S1 has ALL of those requirements and ships in less than a week....

39 minutes ago, Mako Sports said:

IBIS ✔️

FF 4k ✔️

10-bit internal ✔️

120p 1080p ✔️

4K 60p ✔️

In a mirrorless body under $4,000 ✔️

Well the Panasonic S1 has ALL of those requirements and ships in less than a week....

They forgot to add autofocus though

2 hours ago, Mattias Burling said:

Probably not for a long time. And when they do it's probably some h.265 crap. It sounds like it's time to graduate from messing with stills cameras and getting a real video camera. Won't be FF though.

I would assume the A7SIII will be the first. 

Would you mountain bike with a cinema camera in your backpack? 

I think it shouldn't be that long. I know someone who is a Canon tester photographer and he is currently testing a Canon mirrorless camera that ticks all those boxes... They even have prores raw through hdmi. The price though is yet to be discovered. And the release date as well. 

46 minutes ago, Julien416 said:

I think it shouldn't be that long. I know someone who is a Canon tester photographer and he is currently testing a Canon mirrorless camera that ticks all those boxes... They even have prores raw through hdmi. The price though is yet to be discovered. And the release date as well. 

1Dx Mark iii i assume if the rumours correct 

55 minutes ago, Julien416 said:

Early April Fools?

• Super Members
4 hours ago, Mako Sports said:

No its shipping now. At least I have found it in stock.

You left out a part of what I said so I guess it doesn't have it but just to be sure, are you saying it has a decent internal codec like Prores or similar?

3 hours ago, Snowbro said:

I would assume the A7SIII will be the first. 

Maybe, hopefully they sort out some other issues while they are at it.

3 hours ago, Snowbro said:

Would you mountain bike with a cinema camera in your backpack? 

Would you shoot a multi million dollar feature film on the A7siii?
Would you mount an A7siii on underneath a skateboard?
The list can go on..
You didn't make any specifications to what you where going to use it for so I just assumed it was for general content creation. And since you are replacing a huge 1Dxii I assumed a similar size was ok for you.

2 hours ago, Julien416 said:

Since Canon was first with 4K and first with 4K/60p its not unlikely that they will make something like that. It will be pricy for sure.

I'v been told they're mostly going after the Nikon Z6 and Z7, so I guess it shouldn't be too long. They told me a former version of the firmware could push 4K120, but it has been removed for some reason.

4 hours ago, Avenger 2.0 said:

Early April Fools?

Nope. The guy using it is a first hand acquaintance.