Jump to content
wolf33d

Fuji X-T3 has 4K60P and 10 bit

Recommended Posts

One thing the Sony most likely won't get is the controls. Which for some is simply a faster way of operating and when using it also acts as a top display.

I've been shooting my 6D next to my Panasonic G80 for a few days. Both work fine and complement each other quite well. But one thing that constantly bugs me on the Panasonic, and even more since it doesn't have a tilt screen, is the lack of a top display. It definitely slows me down when a situation occurs.

The X-T3 won't get one but imo doesn't really need one either. One can just look down and see all the settings, even when its turned off.

If that's an important feature is of course up to the individual shooter. For me it's gotten to the point where Im thinking about buying a Panasonic G9 even though it costs more used than a brand new GH5.

X-H1 is still a tasty option which of course has both.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I am not sure why Camera manufacturers cannot have a camera screen that incorporates both tilt up and down, as well as the fully articulated, in a single hinge incorporating a hybrid bracket. I am sure it pretty easily doable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, sanveer said:

I am not sure why Camera manufacturers cannot have a camera screen that incorporates both tilt up and down, as well as the fully articulated, in a single hinge incorporating a hybrid bracket. I am sure it pretty easily doable. 

The cheap Fujifilm T100 has it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fuji has a screen that both tilts and flips around to selfie mode. But it sits on the X-T100.

EDIT: @Andrew Reid beat me to it.

Fujifilm-X-T100-Tilt-Screen-1-720x340.jpg.bcb15114238aca72f2fac9f977ed8724.jpg

Fujifilm-X-T100-2-720x606.jpg.eb8808d320c4f6196dfda5d4a91fea09.jpg

BTW, when using the touch screen on my G80 the screen position makes my hand pass the EVF sensor blacking out the screen... argh..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was trying out the T100 the other day. It's a good idea, so you can easily tilt it up without swinging it out to the side, or you can swing it out and point it forward or even forward and up at the same time.

But it needs refinement because the hinge mechanism is pretty complex and not very graceful.

Surprised to see their most expensive screen mechanism on their cheapest camera :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Mattias Burling said:

One thing the Sony most likely won't get is the controls. Which for some is simply a faster way of operating and when using it also acts as a top display.

I've been shooting my 6D next to my Panasonic G80 for a few days. Both work fine and complement each other quite well. But one thing that constantly bugs me on the Panasonic, and even more since it doesn't have a tilt screen, is the lack of a top display. It definitely slows me down when a situation occurs.

The X-T3 won't get one but imo doesn't really need one either. One can just look down and see all the settings, even when its turned off.

If that's an important feature is of course up to the individual shooter. For me it's gotten to the point where Im thinking about buying a Panasonic G9 even though it costs more used than a brand new GH5.

X-H1 is still a tasty option which of course has both.

IDK, for me a top display is mute point.  I cannot see any of the tops of any of my cams when my tripod is fully extended.

Though, from my 5DMkII, it is a very convenient, and often used  feature to use otherwise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Andrew Reid said:

It's sort of charmless. Too much sharp metal on the panel behind the screen and it's pretty ugly when swung out.

Nice idea but needs refinement.

Yeah, looks a bit fiddly. But Im sure they can make it better. Specially on something like a X-H2 where making the camera bigger wouldn't be an issue.

58 minutes ago, buggz said:

IDK, for me a top display is mute point.  I cannot see any of the tops of any of my cams when my tripod is fully extended.

Though, from my 5DMkII, it is a very convenient, and often used  feature to use otherwise.

Yup, like I said, "If that's an important feature is of course up to the individual shooter". For me its a big deal and without it I often risk missing the moment or the exposure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really doubt Sony is going to have everything the Fuji has as well as being full frame. I foresee 4k 60 and 10 bit output. I could be wrong but we'll see. 

I could see the A7000 having internal 10 bit though as its the APSC contender. 

10 bit is definitely a game changer even an output. I don't like color grading much so Fuji is just the choice for me regardless of if the A7Siii has 10 bit internal. Plus its defiantly way cheaper especially considering full frame glass. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dunjoye said:

sorry if posted already 

 

Very nice... we're in a new league now... Look at that handheld setup... amazing. 4K/60p/10bit/4:2:2 with a beautiful monitor and amazing lens for about $6k, half the price of RED's cheapest brain (not comparing the two, but damn the gap is really small now).

For $6K, you really would have a 100% boné fidé cinema setup, including legit cine glass. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah we're getting amazing progress for our $1500.

I remember people comparing a GH2 to the RED stuff. Will be even closer now haha.

X-E3 is also worth a look if you want to spend even less. $700-800 for Super 35mm 4K, no crop. Fuji film colour.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, DBounce said:

@Jimmy Looks great,  not sure about that huge MK lens... I envision this as a great travel camera. Also,  I'm thinking footage will be pretty dam usable straight out of camera. With no real CG needed. 

As a cinema setup though... it's really tiny. When you see the quality of that Matthew Libatique trailer... it's kind of mind boggling to think the nuts and bolts of that setup can be had for $6k (his was kitted out to a far bigger rig, of course)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Always make me laugh seeing a tiny camera in the middle of those monster rigs!

The image that comes out of it is basically the glass, camera and recorder though (Plus lights).... the rest are shooting aids for him and the crew. 

$6k... we're now entering true democratisation. Even lighting and gear for motion (gimbals, dollies, cranes etc) are dirty cheap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Jimmy those car shots look unbelievable. This is some of the first consumer 4K that looks organic to me. I cannot believe a lot of those shots were Eterna ungraded. With every passing month, my hybrid choices just keep getting cluttered with more options... definitely a good place to be, though. Man I hope they release an X-H2 soon, because these features even with moderately good IBIS will be unbelievable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...