Fuji X-T3 has 4K60P and 10 bit

wolf33d

4 hours ago, thebrothersthre3 said:

The NX1 didn't have 10 bit and the rolling shutter performance wasn't very good. Not trying to diss the camera but the Fuji a step up from anything on the market, as long as it isn't buggy. 

For people worried about the colors it should be pretty much the same as the XH1. The good thing is if you don't like Fuji color you can shoot in 10 bit Log and grade it how you like, or use a Lut. 

The one thing I wish they had done different is the battery. A bigger battery would be nice even if the camera had to be bigger. Its not a huge deal but still. 

Not sure why everyone with an NX1 feels the need to chime in about how great it is compared to this camera.  I had the NX1 and sold it... haven't looked back... haven't missed it. All my cameras since have been upgrades over the NX1. While it was good for its day, times have moved on. It's not a standard by which all else must be judged,  and frankly never was. 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
11 minutes ago, DBounce said:

Not sure why everyone with an NX1 feels the need to chime in about how great it is compared to this camera.  I had the NX1 and sold it... haven't looked back... haven't missed it. All my cameras since have been upgrades over the NX1. While it was good for its day, times have moved on. It's not a standard by which all else must be judged,  and frankly never was. 

Yeah, how dare people discuss their personal experiences with cameras and compare them. What do they think this is a camera forum or something??

3 minutes ago, iamoui said:

Yeah, how dare people discuss their personal experiences with cameras and compare them. What do they think this is a camera forum or something??

You have a point, but in fairness, there has been a strange amount of NX1 comparisons on this particular thread for some reason, and most of them have been a little righteous. Not sure why the NX1, of all cameras, keeps being compared to this one. Is it the h265?

34 minutes ago, Brian Williams said:

You have a point, but in fairness, there has been a strange amount of NX1 comparisons on this particular thread for some reason, and most of them have been a little righteous. Not sure why the NX1, of all cameras, keeps being compared to this one. Is it the h265?

Because until the X-T3 the NX1 was the best pro APS-C mirrorless camera in the market, and finally there is a contender.

37 minutes ago, Brian Williams said:

Maybe because those that have bought and used the NX1 haven’t been able to find another aps-c sized camera that compares to the colors, usability, autofocus, ergonomics, specs, experience, etc. since Samsung abandoned their camera division. The XT-3 would be, to those people, the camera that comes close to/bests the NX1 and they would like to discuss it in this thread. 

1 hour ago, elgabogomez said:

I guess you can call me a sony fanboy... and I want the xt3! Battery is my one concern.

Supposedly someone that posted a vid with it said around 45min per battery while recording 4k 60p. Actually might not be that bad if you use the grip. 

I've tried looking but am I right in thinking the 4k60p is 400mbps in h265? If so, isn't that equivalent to 800mbps h264? That's quite astonishing.

The only downside really is the 4:2:0 in camera.

It's already 1.5x crop, is there extra crop for video?

I also see that it's rated at 30 minute record times. is that based on 30fps recording? If so, does that mean 60fps is limited to 15 minutes?

24 minutes ago, Anaconda_ said:

I've tried looking but am I right in thinking the 4k60p is 400mbps in h265? If so, isn't that equivalent to 800mbps h264? That's quite astonishing.

The only downside really is the 4:2:0 in camera.

It's already 1.5x crop, is there extra crop for video?

I also see that it's rated at 30 minute record times. is that based on 30fps recording? If so, does that mean 60fps is limited to 15 minutes?

It's 200Mbps (and Long-GOP) in 4K60. See here: https://***URL not allowed***/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/pic_05.jpg

And it's not equivalent to 400Mbps H.264 at these high bitrates. The advantage of HEVC only shows at low bitrates.

Dpreview says there is an extra 1.18x crop applied in 4K60, but not in 4K30.

Once the initial euphoria has ended, now we must return to reality.
The Fuji x-t3 is a great camera and deserves to be supported for the courage and audacity that Fuji is proving but, if he had videos with presentations like this would have sold already ten thousand pre-orders.
I'm sorry but the Samsung NX1 still remains the best aps-c camera system for both video and still images.

33 minutes ago, Anaconda_ said:

I wad also wondering whether the 400mbps is IN h.265, making it twice as efficient.

15 minutes ago, Attila Bakos said:

And it's not equivalent to 400Mbps H.264 at these high bitrates. The advantage of HEVC only shows at low bitrates.

Is there some official literature or something else that states this. 

1 hour ago, Jimmy said:

The XT2 already surpassed the NX1. 

As with the guy above... i sold my NX1 for an xt2 and never gave it another though.

Not at all. Not even close. The only one is a half stop or similar in high iso (for video), there is litteraly nothing else that the X-T2 has the advantage. The X-T3 is a completely different beast.

Fuji's color has no contender either.

2 hours ago, lucabutera said:

Once the initial euphoria has ended, now we must return to reality.
The Fuji x-t3 is a great camera and deserves to be supported for the courage and audacity that Fuji is proving but, if he had videos with presentations like this would have sold already ten thousand pre-orders.
I'm sorry but the Samsung NX1 still remains the best aps-c camera system for both video and still images.

Is this love? ; -)

51 minutes ago, Kisaha said:

Not at all. Not even close. The only one is a half stop or similar in high iso (for video), there is litteraly nothing else that the X-T2 has the advantage. The X-T3 is a completely different beast.

Literally nothing else? Dynamic range is better, the XT2 has about 2 extra stops. Highlight rolloff is much better. Skintones are better. It has log. The prime range of glass is second to none for s35.

Look... I am no camera snob, you could 100% shoot a feature on the NX1 as long as you can control the light, the resolution and colour reproduction are really great. It's a great camera, but you also have to be detached enough to be able to accept it's limitations.

I love the XT2, but have zero problem pointing out the fact that it suffers from banding, the 120p is close to unusable, it's AF is far from amazing and the menu system is poor.