Jump to content
wolf33d

DJI Mavic Pro II

Recommended Posts

The commercial (and all the videos by various youtubers that were there) are amazing, but the product itself.. it feels like it's just there so you can tag #anamorphicdrone on your instagram post. I don't see any difference in the day shots, and about night shots.. I don't think I've shot bright light sources shining directly into the lens at night with my drone. 

changemymind?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
4 hours ago, Adam Kuźniar said:

The commercial (and all the videos by various youtubers that were there) are amazing, but the product itself.. it feels like it's just there so you can tag #anamorphicdrone on your instagram post. I don't see any difference in the day shots, and about night shots.. I don't think I've shot bright light sources shining directly into the lens at night with my drone. 

changemymind?

i have the letus gopro anamorphic 1.33. I think their  more subtle than your traditional 2 x anamorphic. maybe because as i understand it they are only compressing horizontally unlike your normal 2 x anamorphic. the other thought i have about them is that their modern lens with modern coatings which i presume makes them more neutral. But that's just my two cents worth. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, TurboRat said:

Damn all these footages make me want to sell my still good Mavic Pro and get a Mavic 2! I just dont get enough a chance to fly a drone to warrant a more expensive one

there is no comparison between them in my opinion, in everything: image quality, flying experience, safety (if I had the older one I would have lost it 2-4 times already). It was very hard to mix and match footage from the old one with bigger cameras, now it is a lot better, and the variable aperture offer some more creative opportunities (it is still wise to go from 4-5.6f though, but still it is something).

It is kind of expensive, if you add everything you need and the extra batteries, and still a bit rough in the edges (in image quality), but still makes the older Phantom ones look like something from the stone age, and the IQ is quite similar. Mavic Pro original was already terrible back then, I know because I was hiring Phantom operators to do our aerial footage, now we hire people with Inspire to do the more complicated things, but establishing shots and simple stuff, that I can do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They still havent updated their shit app to support the S10, a major flagship phone. It's going to be a year soon, I couldn't even fly the drone without it restarting my phone mid-flight.. now they increased their price $230 🤣. They expect a raise after getting extremely lazy, so many threads of people complaining since March (they saw and replied they are working on it..). It used to only be a very short period of time until they supported new devices. Then when you fix the barrel distortion, it actually decreases image quality quite a bit in testing. 

They really need some competition.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Snowbro said:

They still havent updated their shit app to support the S10, a major flagship phone. It's going to be a year soon, I couldn't even fly the drone without it restarting my phone mid-flight.. now they increased their price $230 🤣. They expect a raise after getting extremely lazy, so many threads of people complaining since March (they saw and replied they are working on it..). It used to only be a very short period of time until they supported new devices. Then when you fix the barrel distortion, it actually decreases image quality quite a bit in testing. 

They really need some competition.

Competition is already here: https://www.dpreview.com/news/6887022560/yuneec-announces-typhoon-h3-drone-co-engineered-with-leica

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, androidlad said:

I saw this too, yesterday or the day before.  But, Curiously, there is very little or insufficient  information regarding the drone, except the press release. The only footage seems to be the timelapse, and that too provides no indication of anything. Also, how large is this drone. Is it even pocketable. Does it fold quickly and small? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, androidlad said:

Seems serious enough. Of course we still have to see their type files and quality to be sure that can stand aside Mavic 2Pro .

 

I hope they go well as we may see a serious competitor for inspire 2/X5s/X7 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, sanveer said:

I saw this too, yesterday or the day before.  But, Curiously, there is very little or insufficient  information regarding the drone, except the press release. The only footage seems to be the timelapse, and that too provides no indication of anything. Also, how large is this drone. Is it even pocketable. Does it fold quickly and small? 

There's a review here with some sample footage:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Obviously it's the 1'' sensor and the identical price that puts that in line with Mavic2 pro.

Of course fly abilities, record function and most important compact form of Mavic2 pro should be on the table too as this unit is a far from be a portable solution.

At the end is the image that counts .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...