DJI Mavic Pro II

wolf33d

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
9 hours ago, Emanuel said:

@Trek of Joy I disagree, Chris... Good luck anyway, we always know what we need. In any case, I'd appreciate you could show me a single example of your conclusions... : -)

You know and I know that DJI is not going to give you everything on the Mavic Pro 2 that the Phantom 4 Pro has output wise. The Mavic Pro 2 is cheaper. They would go out of business if they did that.

1 hour ago, webrunner5 said:

You know and I know that DJI is not going to give you everything on the Mavic Pro 2 that the Phantom 4 Pro has output wise. The Mavic Pro 2 is cheaper. They would go out of business if they did that.

Indeed... But from field testing? Isn't it possible to match the outcome from both birds...? I'd much appreciate to see test footage to concur or deny such fair feeling : -)

23 minutes ago, Emanuel said:

Here's a fair reason why the IQ difference should be minimal or even none.

On the DJI site the Phantom Pro 4 is $1799.00 and the Mavic Pro 2 is $1499.00. That is 300 bucks no matter how you look at it. That is a reasonable difference. I doubt they are going to be the same for less money. And you know and I know there is probably a Phantom Pro 4 mk II in the works as we speak.

If I was buying one I would buy the Zoom one not the 1" Hasselblad version. The zoom thingy is pretty nice. Makes it look different than all the rest footage wise. Sort of a poor mans X5 using different lenses.

Might be better to just buy an older Drone rip off the camera and strap on the new GoPro Hero 7 Black on it. I think the output and stabilization is just pretty great for what it is.

1 hour ago, webrunner5 said:

On the DJI site the Phantom Pro 4 is $1799.00 and the Mavic Pro 2 is $1499.00. That is 300 bucks no matter how you look at it. That is a reasonable difference. I doubt they are going to be the same for less money. And you know and I know there is probably a Phantom Pro 4 mk II in the works as we speak.

If I was buying one I would buy the Zoom one not the 1" Hasselblad version. The zoom thingy is pretty nice. Makes it look different than all the rest footage wise. Sort of a poor mans X5 using different lenses.

Might be better to just buy an older Drone rip off the camera and strap on the new GoPro Hero 7 Black on it. I think the output and stabilization is just pretty great for what it is.

In Europe it is 1499 vs 1699 in the DJI, but to count it against ones business tax you have to buy from a local shop, which currently is 1599 vs 1699, while with 1999 you can buy the Phantom with the controller (with the 5.5" 1000nits).

and do not forget that noone can have just 1 battery.

Maybe the Zoom is a better proposal, 1250€ currently.

13 hours ago, Emanuel said:

@Trek of Joy I disagree, Chris... Good luck anyway, we always know what we need. In any case, I'd appreciate you could show me a single example of your conclusions... : -)

I believe the P4P does 4k60p, while the M2 does not. That's something I prefer. But IMO the P4P image is more detailed and its cleaner at higher ISO's. Its also a wider FOV that I prefer. Lastly motion looks better on the P4P. Attached are a couple samples showing better IQ with the P4P.

I like the larger controller as well and the price difference is minimal. Since I'm getting paid to become licensed and fly a drone, I'm going with the lightly better IQ with the P4P.

Chris

Screen Shot 2018-11-08 at 12.32.21 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-08 at 12.33.11 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-08 at 12.33.25 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-08 at 12.44.10 PM.png

1 hour ago, Trek of Joy said:

I believe the P4P does 4k60p, while the M2 does not. That's something I prefer. But IMO the P4P image is more detailed and its cleaner at higher ISO's. Its also a wider FOV that I prefer. Lastly motion looks better on the P4P. Attached are a couple samples showing better IQ with the P4P.

I like the larger controller as well and the price difference is minimal. Since I'm getting paid to become licensed and fly a drone, I'm going with the lightly better IQ with the P4P.

Chris

4K60P on P4P is upscaled from 2.7K readout.

P4P does not resolve more detail than M2P, the strong edge enhancement halo creates a perceived increase in sharpness.

10bit on M2P means complete absence of banding.

Anafi is hitting the Air hard (with 1 more battery and a bag for the same price as the Air) and Hubsan Zino will be in the same tier with a price similar to Spark. 

Mavic 2 pro doesn't seem like the clear choice it was in announcement, a lot of people will go lower Air/Anafi/Mavic Zoom even, or upwards to Phantom v2, especially when the Phantom 5 will be announced and the 4 drop in price.

I’m no expert on the subject, but I like the image of the P4P better. Motion looks better to me and there’s just more detail. I’ve download and sharpened footage, and I still don’t like whatever the M2 is doing. As far as banding, h264 looks much better than h265, and plenty of people are making money with lesser drones. I like the bigger controller and portablity isn’t much of an issue for me since someone else is footing the travel bill. YMMV, but after taking a serious look at the Mavic Pro2, I’m going with the Phantom.

Cheers

Chris

@Trek of Joy @webrunner5 to each its own... I understand your choice. Not mine at all, though.

I am not checking motion, but from those samples?

@thebrothersthre3 said it all, without getting the meaning of his find, I see : )

It is not "way softer though" but "way more cinematic actually" ; )

Not for all because we're dealing with subjective perspective on here... ; -)

So, don't come to tell me Mavic Pro 2 IQ is lower level once for some other people, it can end to exactly be the contrary... : P

26 minutes ago, Trek of Joy said:

As far as banding, h264 looks much better than h265

Really? Where are the samples?

1 hour ago, Emanuel said:

@Trek of Joy @webrunner5 to each its own... I understand your choice. Not mine at all, though.

I am not checking motion, but from those samples?

@thebrothersthre3 said it all, without getting the meaning of his find, I see : )

It is not "way softer though" but "way more cinematic actually" ; )

Not for all because we're dealing with subjective perspective on here... ; -)

So, don't come to tell me Mavic Pro 2 IQ is lower level once for some other people, it can end to exactly be the contrary... : P

Really? Where are the samples?

Search YouTube. Some of the P4P tests clearly show everything, much like the better detail I previously provided. This is going into fanboy territory. I’ve made my decision based on my needs and samples I’ve tinkered with, and there are plenty of videos using both to see motion.  

cheers

Chris

Well, what I can tell is that from the Mavic Pro 1, my 2 has much much better overall IQ.

Also it grades well, and noise level is low. I find the sharpness too soft at 0, but perfect at +1 (unhappy people above can choose +2 ..). 
I do not think it lacks details. Those are 1in sensor not FF so in any case it has its limitation. 
Also there is 0 debate for me on the P4P and this as it so much smaller and lighter I bring it everywhere. I had a P3 Pro before, no way I go back to a full backpack dedicated to a drone. No way. 

I'm sorry Chris but if anyone is going into fanboy territory is you who came to this thread (take a look at the title, what's the problem?... P4P threads don't take as much interest as MP2 ones? LOL) to infer something like science...  From faulty settings (not the best settings for sure) and love for oversharpened edges as universal and a bible for all? Let alone the cold colors and the same B-O-R-I-N-G customary WB choice out from there :X

Why are you unable to post a single sample which may convince me as someone who just likes something much different from you? Is this fanboyism? Or actually just the one who wants to tell the world some inner decision from the deep of yourself?

I respect your decision as already posted above.

I just expect you may feel the same when someone is entitled to see something different from you without seeing a distinct find as victim of patronizing.

Don't be condescending : ) You don't need to diminish the other side only to feel your option is in good shape on high-way or do you? ; -)