Jump to content
wolf33d

DJI Mavic Pro II

Recommended Posts

The DJI Mavic Pro II will be announced on July 18th. 

The rumored specs so far are bigger sensor (1/1.7 or 1 inch), 4K60p and 360 avoidance sensors. 

I am very very excited by this as since DJI released the P4 Pro I asked over and over for a Mavic form factor drone with this 4K60p 1"sensor camera. 
 

Recently, they bumped the P4 Pro to 1", the Inspire 2 to APSC from M43. So we could see in the future the Mavic Pro 2 with 1" sensor, the P5 with M43 and the Inspire 2 with APSC. 

I am ready to pull the trigger on my side. What about you and what are your expectations?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
3 hours ago, ntblowz said:

Since mavic ii will come with 1/1.7” sensor I bought p4a with 1” sensor for much cheaper price

The form factor of the Mavic is a lot more convenient if you do not want to carry an additional big bag.

Tripods, lights, sound, cameras, some form of a computational machine, sliders e.t.c

I do agree about the P4 quality of course, but I just can't carry another bag, for bigger and better we can always hire an operator with a Phantom/Inspire.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Kisaha said:

The form factor of the Mavic is a lot more convenient if you do not want to carry an additional big bag.

Tripods, lights, sound, cameras, some form of a computational machine, sliders e.t.c

I do agree about the P4 quality of course, but I just can't carry another bag, for bigger and better we can always hire an operator with a Phantom/Inspire.

Since I am that guy who got hired to fly drone so a P4A is more logical to me  (some fly me across the country to fly drone), at least P4A look less toy like than Mavic Pro which I sold (or Air/Spark which definitely look like toy).  My previous drone is Inspire 1 with X5 which is a real hassle to carry to remote location.

 

And Mavic Pro II is rumored to be more heavier/bigger than Mavic Pro that will make mobility even less, may be Mavic Pro III will finally have 1" sensor in a more reasonable size/weight?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pure speculation but...

Mavic 2 to have 1/1.7 sensor. (No 1 inch version - reserved for next year.)

* Full sensors all 6 sides

* Faster, quieter, better battery life

* 4k/60, 1080/120

* 100mb/s video, improved codec with separate noise and sharpening

* Variable aperture 2.8/11

* New flight models and higher price

I am in the will buy it,in any case especially as customs confiscated my Mavic at Mandalay airport a week ago!!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Robert Collins said:

I am in the will buy it,in any case especially as customs confiscated my Mavic at Mandalay airport a week ago!!

 

Sad to know. How and why did it happen?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Robert Collins said:

Pure speculation but...

Mavic 2 to have 1/1.7 sensor. (No 1 inch version - reserved for next year.)

 * Full sensors all 6 sides

 * Faster, quieter, better battery life

 * 4k/60, 1080/120

* 100mb/s video, improved codec with separate noise and sharpening

* Variable aperture 2.8/11

* New flight models and higher price

I am in the will buy it,in any case especially as customs confiscated my Mavic at Mandalay airport a week ago!!

 

Instant buy from me with those specs. Hopefully It's available right on the 18 and not with a 1 month wait line..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Emanuel said:

Sad to know. How and why did it happen?

I think it is a bit political and tied to the arrest and imprisonment of Turkish journalists.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-myanmar-journalists/myanmar-jails-foreign-journalists-with-turkish-broadcaster-for-two-months-idUSKBN1DA0ZF?il=0

I have flown in Myanmar several times before including Rhakine State without problem. Hopefully will be able to get it back in Yangon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/26/2018 at 5:19 AM, eoslover said:

Am I the only one that looking forward to Spark II?

Something less than 250 grams would just be perfect for travel

There are some laws in physics that can not be beaten. An ultra light and small drone can be easily affected by wind speeds, can't go very high, can't carry bigger batteries, can't have bigger motors or bigger(better) gimbals. 

Whatever fits your needs, but for my needs, a slightly bigger Mavic is the ideal solution. Too bad that it won't have 1" sensor, but I am expecting the Mavic Pro II to stay relevant for at least 2-3 years from now, and the drone market to slow down a bit in the next couple of years.

With all the latest models, DJI seems to cover all bases.

My issues with Mavic Pro.

1) needs better codec/bigger bitrate/bigger sensor

2) better stability, some issues with wind noise

3) slightly better power management.

Phantom is just perfect in everything, expect size. Spark is too small.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Kisaha said:

There are some laws in physics that can not be beaten. An ultra light and small drone can be easily affected by wind speeds, can't go very high, can't carry bigger batteries, can't have bigger motors or bigger(better) gimbals. 

Whatever fits your needs, but for my needs, a slightly bigger Mavic is the ideal solution. Too bad that it won't have 1" sensor, but I am expecting the Mavic Pro II to stay relevant for at least 2-3 years from now, and the drone market to slow down a bit in the next couple of years.

With all the latest models, DJI seems to cover all bases.

My issues with Mavic Pro.

1) needs better codec/bigger bitrate/bigger sensor

2) better stability, some issues with wind noise

3) slightly better power management.

Phantom is just perfect in everything, expect size. Spark is too small.

the fact that it looks like a toy makes the best for travel, and of course legally

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw a video where someone pointed out something interesting about one of 'ositalv''s photos. This one.

 

Clipboard Image (26).jpg

Look at the number of connector pins to the lens cpu - there are 12 - that is a lot. Off hand the Canon mount has 8, ef-m 9, Sony E 10 and M43 11.

The video's theory was that the extra pins were for electronic zoom (like you can do via the app with M43.) Sounds plausible but if we look at the X7 camera and lenses, we can also see the possibility of primes with a built in ND that can be controlled by the app and a leaf shutter (to reduce rolling shutter.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Robert Collins said:

I saw a video where someone pointed out something interesting about one of 'ositalv''s photos. This one.

 

Clipboard Image (26).jpg

Look at the number of connector pins to the lens cpu - there are 12 - that is a lot. Off hand the Canon mount has 8, ef-m 9, Sony E 10 and M43 11.

The video's theory was that the extra pins were for electronic zoom (like you can do via the app with M43.) Sounds plausible but if we look at the X7 camera and lenses, we can also see the possibility of primes with a built in ND that can be controlled by the app and a leaf shutter (to reduce rolling shutter.)

That's debunked as fake, just a custom P4P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, webrunner5 said:

You can bet your butt Casey Neistat has seen, or been using one.

...And that he has already crashed it...

On 7/7/2018 at 2:31 AM, ntblowz said:

https://www.droningon.co/2018/07/06/dji-mavic-pro-2-makes-first-appearance/

 

The camera/gimbal unit is removable, so like gopro karma it can be used on osmo?

The photo is interesting. With a bit of luck it means there could be a choice of two cameras - 1/1.7 and 1 inch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×