Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K

Yurolov

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
2 hours ago, JordanWright said:

if it does hit that price and is readily available, ill buy another body

Hell. I already have three P4Ks. At a price below $1000, I might buy another one (or three...) :) 

There are (obviously) some limitations with the P4Ks, but they produce fine images, especially considering the price. I mean, we can shoot (semi) RAW footage on affordable cameras on affordable media. We truly live in special times...

Yeah, ignore reality and pure facts because some dude had to dope out a way to tell the world the (hi)story he invented the wheel; when it was already discovered in fact much time earlier. BTW, and without artifacts, but introduced in the meantime along the new (re)discovery process.

The emperor has no clothes now because of the belly button.

E : -)

6 hours ago, Emanuel said:

Yeah, ignore reality and pure facts because some dude had to dope out a way to tell the world the (hi)story he invented the wheel; when it was already discovered in fact much time earlier. BTW, and without artifacts, but introduced in the meantime along the new (re)discovery process.

The emperor has no clothes now because of the belly button.

E : -)

'Without artefacts' - please explain what reality this is?

21 hours ago, webrunner5 said:

I predicted 850 Dollars a long time ago on here without the Dongle. I bet it will hit that mark soon. Hell on paper it was in reality "only" a 995 Dollar camera new figuring you got Resolve Studio with it that cost 299 Dollars. So in reality you are loosing 150 bucks on the camera. Big deal. The good news is that will drive the price down for the older ones.

if they hit that price anytime soon, your going to see a grown man cry. :blush:.

17 hours ago, Shirozina said:

I may buy another one and sell my 'original' model to a cDNG'ist for a healthy profit!

one of the reasons i bought the bmp4k was because it had cdng. i was sorta thinking along the lines that it being a series of singular images, i might be able to stack and blend images similar to what you do with astophotography  and macro photography, not had a chance to test that avenue of thought out yet. no idea if its good idea or not but its on the todo list ?

Does the new version of Resolve Lite have the BRaw Panel? 

Now that the camera is in stock, a couple BMPCC 4K cameras are popping up without the dongle but even though the software is free with the camera... on the used market, it depreciates to a thousand or less without the software... even if the camera is new.

• Super Members
27 minutes ago, mercer said:

Does the new version of Resolve Lite have the BRaw Panel? 

Now that the camera is in stock, a couple BMPCC 4K cameras are popping up without the dongle but even though the software is free with the camera... on the used market, it depreciates to a thousand or less without the software... even if the camera is new.

I used BRaw with Resolve Lite on an old Macbook Pro, never installed the full version.
No issues, was like editing Prores or cDNG, smooth sailing.

21 minutes ago, Anaconda_ said:

Great news for people who already have one camera with the software though!

Yeah, but not for BlackMagic... their slow rollout of this camera may have hurt sales of Resolve Studio for the immediate future.

1 minute ago, Mattias Burling said:

I used BRaw with Resolve Lite on an old Macbook Pro, never installed the full version.
No issues, was like editing Prores or cDNG, smooth sailing.

That’s good to know but I think you lose some of the “raw” functionality without the BRaw Panel?

22 minutes ago, Mattias Burling said:

Maybe, but I didn't feel I was missing anything of importance :)

Glad to hear it. I’m probably going to go a different route than the P4K but if the right price pops up on the used market, without the software, I’d like to know my options... even though I’d mostly likely shoot 1080p ProRes on the P4K.

52 minutes ago, Mattias Burling said:

Same here, will buy it (again) when it's nice and cheap on the used market.

Yup, I’ve been saying to my friends... I’ll buy the GH5 or BMPCC 4K when one or the other hit $1000 or less... meanwhile I’m still on the lookout for a cheap Micro. 

• Super Members
16 minutes ago, mercer said:

Yup, I’ve been saying to my friends... I’ll buy the GH5 or BMPCC 4K when one or the other hit $1000 or less... meanwhile I’m still on the lookout for a cheap Micro. 

Actually saw a GH5 for $1k including a lens which I could sell for $2-250. So it won't be long, pretty much no hype left surrounding it.

But honestly, the more I shoot with the Micro.. this thing is special.

11 minutes ago, Mattias Burling said:

Actually saw a GH5 for $1k including a lens which I could sell for $2-250. So it won't be long, pretty much no hype left surrounding it.

But honestly, the more I shoot with the Micro.. this thing is special.

That’s not a bad deal at all!

I’m looking at it like this... the Micro for the ease of ProRes or the GH5 for the ease of handheld. I haven’t decided which is more important to me yet... or if I need either.