Yurolov

Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K

13 minutes ago, TwoScoops said:

aIbvSvV.png

This is the funniest pic on the BM site. Clearly exactly as one would use it in real life. 

Those little Samsungs are amazing though, and the USB-C is as future proof as it gets right now!

Does anyone knows the weight?

Overal is similar to W and D to GH5 (slightly smaller, but barely) but longer, due to the 5" monitor. Pretty good.

BMP4K = 178x96x85mm

GH5 = 138.5 x 98.1 x 87.4 mm / 5.45 x 3.86 x 3.44 inch 

EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
10 minutes ago, Kisaha said:

aIbvSvV.png

This is the funniest pic on the BM site. Clearly exactly as one would use it in real life. 

Those little Samsungs are amazing though, and the USB-C is as future proof as it gets right now!

Does anyone knows the weight?

Overal is similar to W and D to GH5 (slightly smaller, but barely) but longer, due to the 5" monitor. Pretty good.

BMP4K = 178x96x85mm

GH5 = 138.5 x 98.1 x 87.4 mm / 5.45 x 3.86 x 3.44 inch 

Still TBD 'cause of the percentage of plastic and carbon composite materials to yet finish it.

Clearly the way Grant Petty used in front of the press to announce the thing though :-)

3 minutes ago, Emanuel said:

Still TBD 'cause of the percentage of plastic and carbon composite materials to yet finish it.

Clearly the way Grant Petty used in front of the press to announce the thing though :-)

This is something of the future, now!

I am sure we will find a way mounting the SSDs on the camera (if need be).

There are also tiny USBC 3.1 memory sticks that are cheap as chips, easily one can have a couple of 128GB ones in their bags, just in case.

Someone asked for old pocket battery solutions, and someone else mentioned rig this camera. My opinion is that while it isn't pocketable, seems like a complete package that needs much less accessories than the previous one to be fully and reliably operational. 

32 minutes ago, TwoScoops said:

aIbvSvV.png

Once the new cages are available, you'll see all sorts of storage and battery hacks. But being able to record raw internally to CFast will negate that for most other than long-format recording needs. It's a fantastic option, though, and with the DC-in port, this camera becomes very customizable. Power in via the DC port, storage out via the USB-C, external display/recording via the HDMI. XLR with phantom power AND 3.5mm jack AND 4 front-facing mics. This thing is ridiculously versatile. I'm shocked by the price. They probably should have priced it at $2K; it's not like there's anything else competing with it unless you require IBIS or front-facing display, but at this price point, buy a gimbal, IS lens, and/or small top-mounted monitor. At this price, you've got plenty of budget left over to customize to your own needs. I'm excited to see what they do with the 2nd gen Micro Cinema cam now.

Oh, and full Resolve 15 Studio, which now has Fusion functionality? Total gift!

4 hours ago, MurtlandPhoto said:

According to Grant during the livestream, the camera is actually done development wise. They just have to scope the manufacturing process. I still wouldn't hold my breath for a pre-September release, but I think BM has learned from their past not to be overly optimistic on delivery dates.

You mean WE have learned not to be overly optimistic on delivery dates ;)

1 hour ago, tyger11 said:

(...) But being able to record raw internally to CFast will negate that for most other than long-format recording needs. It's a fantastic option, though, and with the DC-in port, this camera becomes very customizable. (...)

New ProRes RAW only externally for now, I guess. All the leftover (CinemaDNG RAW, CinemaDNG RAW 3:1, CinemaDNG RAW 4:1 only to mention RAW) is internal AFAIK :-)

7 minutes ago, Cliff Totten said:

If this truely is the GH5-S sensor than,....oh my God. This will be a MASSIVE industry earthquake. I dont think it will be possible understate how sick this thing will be for its price! Im certain it eill be hard to buy for 6 months,

More likely the sensor that is in this thing: https://www.mirrorlessrumors.com/leaked-z-cam-e2-can-do-4k120fps-and-has-a-deep-learning-engine/, which is a Sony 4/3 sensor. Not sure that Panasonic would be farming out the latest sensor on their flagship product. Sony is different in that the company that makes the sensors is a separate company from the photography one, so they would have no problem selling to competitors.

If it is a pre-existing sensor that has already been used, that bodes better than the QC issues BM has had with other introductions.

But it is a significant departure from original pocket, so who knows what issues it might have.

Also, apparently full control of the camera through Bluetooth (I was hoping for a regular remote control port like on  other Blackmagic cameras, but that's ok).

From the BM site: (since same OS as Ursa, it should work)

"You can even enter the slate information wirelessly via Bluetooth from an iPad using the Blackmagic Camera Control application!"

5 minutes ago, Jim Giberti said:

I've heard from one experienced dealer that he expects to see them before Sept. That date is intentionally conservative.

I never pre-order cameras. I pre-ordered this one.

Welcome to the group, Jim. Nice to see you around :-)

I am really surprised that they did not include mini SDI ports on this thing. That would have been Killer. And it is hard to see in the pictures but other than width this thing really is small enough for Run n Gun stuff. No IBIS but hey they are giving the thing away the way it is. Man Panny, Olympus, Fuji, and Sony have been sticking it to us haven't they!

If a little company like BM can make money selling this thing for, in reality at 995 bucks, wow what the hell has Sony been making on the A7rxx bodies?? In this day and age a FF sensor isn't that much more money to produce.

I preordered. I hope it boosts Sony to release better than 4K60p 8 bit on A7siii though... 

This thing is magnificent but that AF......  Same camera with Canon DPAF I would pay double the price easily. 
I love the screen, the recording formats... image will be gorgeous. No IBIS means Gimbal and Gimbal means continuous AF. Never right...