Yurolov

Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K

EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
7 minutes ago, Anaconda_ said:

I think I'm going to use velcro, or bring back that epoxy idea and stick on a shoe mount.

As for rolling shutter, the mountain bike video will give you a good idea of how much it effects the footage... It's not noticeable to me at all.

Hmm, interesting. You mean just glue it to a tiny cold shoe? I like that idea, minimal foot print.

21 hours ago, Andrew Reid said:

I can say now the GX9 is a bit disappointing in 4K because of the extra crop (ends-up around 2.5x) and I think it really adds very little for video users over the older and cheaper GX85. I think Panasonic have much better bargains in the range for video. The G85 is not much more for example.

I don't have the GX9 with me at the moment, so it will just be an E-M10 III review. It has some mojo in the image I haven't seen for a while at that price and the handling in some ways is more enjoyable than a lot of the high-end cameras. You can switch between 1080 and 4K with a function button sub menu, without diving into the main menus for instance.

Perfect detail. Great colour. Solid codec. Wider FOV than GH4 sensor. Seems great in low light too.

Great. Interested in handling, since in some reviews mentioned that controls were dumbed down from the MK II.

if it only had a 20mp sensor...

45 minutes ago, Turboguard said:

Haven't seen much in the released footage. Seems to be almost minimal.

What do you guys think about mounting a smartphone clamp to a cage to hold the samsung T5? I'd only use the setup while shooting RAW 4K DCI obviously. Then SD cards for ProRes. Been looking at 8sin's Scorpio half cage.

Should work, but I'm sure they will release something more specific once cages come out for this camera. 

So the 1080p on this camera is just cropped in to the sensor read out of 1920x1080 correct? As in, the only advantage of shooting 1080 is if I need to send a 1080p file without editing? Since I could get 1080 cropped from the 4k footage in editing? 

2x crop of the sensor, which is already 2x crop of full frame (give or take) so 120fps is 4x crop compared to ff.

And yeah, epoxy a little shoe into one side of the drive. A dedicated, pre-made mount by any company will cost more than it needs to that's for sure. I think the shoe mount idea will look a little slicker too, and be just as secure.

You could even mount it to the bottom of the cam for handheld shots.

16 minutes ago, Anaconda_ said:

So don't bring it up.

Weird how in that sample pic, the USB is going the wrong way to the port. I'd definitely make it go the shortest route and tie up any slack.

Don't worry, I take full responsibility for getting us back on track 🤣

I do quite like that cage. Perhaps there is a channel for the cable to be kept out of the way rather than twist tied on the left.