Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K

Yurolov

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
4 hours ago, MurtlandPhoto said:

According to Grant during the livestream, the camera is actually done development wise. They just have to scope the manufacturing process. I still wouldn't hold my breath for a pre-September release, but I think BM has learned from their past not to be overly optimistic on delivery dates.

You mean WE have learned not to be overly optimistic on delivery dates ;)

1 hour ago, tyger11 said:

(...) But being able to record raw internally to CFast will negate that for most other than long-format recording needs. It's a fantastic option, though, and with the DC-in port, this camera becomes very customizable. (...)

New ProRes RAW only externally for now, I guess. All the leftover (CinemaDNG RAW, CinemaDNG RAW 3:1, CinemaDNG RAW 4:1 only to mention RAW) is internal AFAIK :-)

7 minutes ago, Cliff Totten said:

If this truely is the GH5-S sensor than,....oh my God. This will be a MASSIVE industry earthquake. I dont think it will be possible understate how sick this thing will be for its price! Im certain it eill be hard to buy for 6 months,

More likely the sensor that is in this thing: https://www.mirrorlessrumors.com/leaked-z-cam-e2-can-do-4k120fps-and-has-a-deep-learning-engine/, which is a Sony 4/3 sensor. Not sure that Panasonic would be farming out the latest sensor on their flagship product. Sony is different in that the company that makes the sensors is a separate company from the photography one, so they would have no problem selling to competitors.

If it is a pre-existing sensor that has already been used, that bodes better than the QC issues BM has had with other introductions.

But it is a significant departure from original pocket, so who knows what issues it might have.

Also, apparently full control of the camera through Bluetooth (I was hoping for a regular remote control port like on  other Blackmagic cameras, but that's ok).

From the BM site: (since same OS as Ursa, it should work)

"You can even enter the slate information wirelessly via Bluetooth from an iPad using the Blackmagic Camera Control application!"

5 minutes ago, Jim Giberti said:

I've heard from one experienced dealer that he expects to see them before Sept. That date is intentionally conservative.

I never pre-order cameras. I pre-ordered this one.

Welcome to the group, Jim. Nice to see you around :-)

I am really surprised that they did not include mini SDI ports on this thing. That would have been Killer. And it is hard to see in the pictures but other than width this thing really is small enough for Run n Gun stuff. No IBIS but hey they are giving the thing away the way it is. Man Panny, Olympus, Fuji, and Sony have been sticking it to us haven't they!

If a little company like BM can make money selling this thing for, in reality at 995 bucks, wow what the hell has Sony been making on the A7rxx bodies?? In this day and age a FF sensor isn't that much more money to produce.

I preordered. I hope it boosts Sony to release better than 4K60p 8 bit on A7siii though... 

This thing is magnificent but that AF......  Same camera with Canon DPAF I would pay double the price easily. 
I love the screen, the recording formats... image will be gorgeous. No IBIS means Gimbal and Gimbal means continuous AF. Never right...

5 minutes ago, jonpais said:

This seems very reasonably priced but Panasonic, Sony and Fuji offer entirely different types of cameras and have not been ‘sticking it’ to anybody. The a7 III, X-H1 and GH5* are all competitively priced. 

The a7 III, X-H1 and GH5* are all competitively priced when you can buy this for 995, I want some of your drugs! They are Twice the price!

Just now, webrunner5 said:

The a7 III, X-H1 and GH5* are all competitively priced when you can buy this for 995, I want some of your drugs! They are Twice the price!

First, it’s $1,295. Second, as @wolf33d says, to many, features like reliable AF-C are worth their weight in gold. And no drugs here, thanks.

@wolf33d nice to see you there, no matter the incipient focus I believe they will improve to implement tap to focus going with the new touchscreen at least : )

On the discussion between both of you, Jon and Don, I think they really are horses for courses. This new camera is a complete different product indeed, no matter the coincidences : )) A league of its own :-)

Dual ISO is actually truly interesting, not only for the open possibilities we've already known from that couple of models recently introduced by Panasonic.

Our good Dave (Altizer) has inferred this could be the sensor we know from GH5S. Can the fact he reported it directly from their NAB booth really mean something for the subject matter? We know too little so far. Perhaps Dave can add anything on topic whenever possible.

I am glad they had placed their bets through the 4/3" route though.

EDIT -- Seems my post popped up in the middle of something substantially and really meaningful, hey fellas...?! LOL :-)