The Thread for Good Deals and Discounts

Mattias Burling

Of course for that price (or lower) at B&H (of $69.99) it can't be beat. 

But I'm just letting my natural biases as a Production Sound Mixer shine through.
If you want a field mixer: then buy that, such as an F8n/F6/MixPre3/etc, not an H1n. 
If you want a bodypack recorder: then buy that, such as Tascam DR10L / Zoom F2 / Tentacle Track E / etc

I just don't see a place for the H1n. 
Where does it fit in??

But hey, that's just me! And my perspective. 
Not everyone is the same. 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
6 minutes ago, IronFilm said:

Of course for that price (or lower) at B&H (of $69.99) it can't be beat. 

But I'm just letting my natural biases as a Production Sound Mixer shine through.
If you want a field mixer: then buy that, such as an F8n/F6/MixPre3/etc, not an H1n. 
If you want a bodypack recorder: then buy that, such as Tascam DR10L / Zoom F2 / Tentacle Track E / etc

I just don't see a place for the H1n. 
Where does it fit in??

But hey, that's just me! And my perspective. 
Not everyone is the same. 

I get it, you're a professional and use purpose built tools. I watch your beard...I mean vlog occasionally.

This would be for chasing my toddler around and maybe a few other fun things I'll hopefully think of along the way.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all, I grabbed both these lenses the last few weeks as funds allowed. Definitely a great deal going at adorama on Nikon Mount Rokinon Cine lenses.

$220 for the 14mm 2.8 and $230 for the 24mm 1.4

$230 for a new 24mm f/1.4 is insane to me.

https://www.adorama.com/rkcv14mn.html

https://www.adorama.com/rkcv24mn.html

They're on sale for all mounts, but that Nikon mount is really cheap right now it deserves mention!

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well like a friend of mine says that owns a used car lot "There is an ass for every seat" and this Canon FD craze is no doubt one of those. Canon sure has fooled one hell of a lot of people with their photo products. Hardly the second coming of Jesus Christ. Other than a few lens examples, ergo super fast lenses that no one could afford even new, I can think of lots of equal or better lens brands out there over the years for a heck of a lot less money. Although any really good lens is not cheap. I think Olympus put Canon to shame lens wise back in the day, Leica like quality and size.

• 1 month later...

Someone shared this on dpreview m43's forum, I couldn't resist.

I have m43 to Sony E and Nikon Z adapters, so plan on using these adapted to FF.

Adorama back at it again with some Samyang/Rokinon price craziness, this time in the m43 mount

I thought $230 was low for the 24mm 1.5 last year, now it's at $150!

They have most focal lengths and some kits available.

The 135mm 2.2 is $140, the 50mm is $130

The 24mm, 35mm, 85mm kit is $350!

https://www.adorama.com/l/Video/Video-Lenses-and-Accessories/Samyang~Digital-Cinema-Lenses?sel=Lens-Mount_Micro-Four-Thirds

• 4 months later...
  • 11 months later...